Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:28:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Half season tickets  (Read 3492 times)

anne honemous

• Forum Member
Half season tickets
« on November 06, 2017, 11:45:23 am by anne honemous »
Any idea when these are available ad what the prices are?

It says on the website available mid November, but no mention of sale dates or prices anywhere.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Half season tickets
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2017, 12:11:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »
They must be on there somewhere cos my lad got a letter from the club the other week saying they had cocked up on the prices for the half ticket and they were offering a discount on next seasons membership with some weird formula

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 07, 2017, 11:13:40 pm by anne honemous »
Well I've trawled DROS and still can't find a bloody thing.

You'd have thought our owners would be keen to promote a way of bringing a decent amount of money into the club with half season tickets, considering they push Club Doncaster down everyone's throats at every opportunity.

Maybe they just don't want more money?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 07, 2017, 11:48:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Half season tickets are a thing of the past. You can buy a season ticket at any time and they will pro-rata the cost and discount depending on how many home games are left. It will be a Silver membership.

Call or pop in to the ticket office and I'm sure they'll help you.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 07, 2017, 11:56:41 pm by anne honemous »
Half season tickets are a thing of the past. You can buy a season ticket at any time and they will pro-rata the cost and discount depending on how many home games are left. It will be a Silver membership.

Call or pop in to the ticket office and I'm sure they'll help you.

Really?

Hypothetically, on that basis I could go into the ticket office with one game of the season left and ask to buy a Silver Membership, thus getting an actual match ticket for 1/23rd of the cost of a season ticket.

Maybe DROS can pull their finger out and give some information on the website this week as I know others who'd want to buy a half season ticket as well.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 08, 2017, 02:36:54 pm by RoversAlias »
I got that letter of apology too, but I'm already a full Season Ticket holder so I was a bit confused.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 08, 2017, 04:52:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I got that letter of apology too, but I'm already a full Season Ticket holder so I was a bit confused.

The discounts for next season

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 08, 2017, 10:30:37 pm by anne honemous »
Another day gone and still no mention of this on the website.

On the online ticket website, its trying to charge full price... something which I'm not prepared to do as the season is eight home games old.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 08, 2017, 10:44:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I see what you mean about the website but it might be worth a call to the ticket office.

A while ago in Shaun Lockwoods first stint, we agreed that we shouldn't have this barrier and if anyone wanted to buy a season ticket in Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec etc, then the club should be taking their money and adjusting the price depending on the number of games left. It doesn't take that much effort to tear out a few tickets from a season ticket book.

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to set up the website to facilitate this.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 08, 2017, 10:59:56 pm by bobjimwilly »
That's the first I'd heard of that Baz; I was also looking for info on half-season tickets on the website the other day, no wonder I couldn't find the info.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2017, 09:54:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I got a leaflet. It says half memberships. Adult £150. Seniors £110. 22-24 £95,18-21 £70, under 17 £15.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2017, 09:59:42 am by silent majority »
Just to be clear on this point, there is a half season ticket on sale.

We stopped doing the half season ticket a while back because the sales dropped off as we introduced the 10 game package, however it has been brought back for this season. The details should have all gone out in an email when mentioning the Big Bang and the DNA Card. I'll contact the club to find out the details.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2017, 11:01:56 am by anne honemous »
I got a leaflet. It says half memberships. Adult £150. Seniors £110. 22-24 £95,18-21 £70, under 17 £15.

If they are the prices, then they're extremely reasonable it must be said.

However, nobody is going to buy one it seems as the lack of easily accessible information regarding half-season tickets means it's nigh on impossible for anyone to know about it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 09, 2017, 11:52:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just to be clear on this point, there is a half season ticket on sale.

We stopped doing the half season ticket a while back because the sales dropped off as we introduced the 10 game package, however it has been brought back for this season. The details should have all gone out in an email when mentioning the Big Bang and the DNA Card. I'll contact the club to find out the details.

It's going back a bit Martin, you probably won't recall but I said, if they couldn't be bothered to rip the tickets out of the books, I'd do it myself.

Maybe Shaun can look in to this again and make Silver memberships available throughout (up to a sensible cut off point) and keep pushing.

Funnily enough, a mate of mine didn't renew this season and was waiting to see how things went. I didn't realise we'd gone back to full or half memberships or nothing. Appreciate we've got the Bronze memberships for the less regular but we ought to be able to allow people to jump on the bandwagon after the season has started. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 09, 2017, 06:12:43 pm by silent majority »
Just to clarify.

The announcement about a 1/2 silver membership will be made next week and they will go on sale on the 20th.

This will cover 12 games with the 1st being the Boxing Day game. So if anybody is planning on purchasing one as a gift then be assured thry can be used pretty much immediately.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 09, 2017, 06:17:04 pm by silent majority »
Baz, we can discuss further details with Shaun when we meet as part of the ongoing Supporters Board working group.

I'm sure he can implement this again as the sales figures should be able to support your argument.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 09, 2017, 09:40:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just to clarify.

The announcement about a 1/2 silver membership will be made next week and they will go on sale on the 20th.

This will cover 12 games with the 1st being the Boxing Day game. So if anybody is planning on purchasing one as a gift then be assured thry can be used pretty much immediately.

SM they have already announced!

and I quote from a letter received from the club

"As part of a pre planned marketing campaign during the last week of October  a mail drop was commisioned which explained upcoming events blah de blah"  " Unfortunately an error was made  in the production of these flyers blah de blah" "Consequently those who purchase  half season silver memberships in cat c will watch the final 12 home games of the season for a lower price per game "

blah de blah de blah

then the formula for the discount on next seasons membership

yes somebody cocked up, the club are trying to rectify it by offering a discount on next seasons membership however you were told slightly wrong  it has already been announced allbeit not on social media purely by a good old fashioned mail drop campaign :)

btw things still damn crap :(

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 09, 2017, 09:53:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Baz, we can discuss further details with Shaun when we meet as part of the ongoing Supporters Board working group.

I'm sure he can implement this again as the sales figures should be able to support your argument.

QUestion given that emails are mentioned in the thread. Are they ever planning to fix the broken email system meaning many of us still don't get any club emails. They're missing the main target market.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 09, 2017, 10:42:44 pm by ian1980 »
I got the letter as well but it’s pretty simple to understand.

Those who bought their season tickets at the start of the season paid x amount for the season which worked out at so much per game.

The half season ticket prices were then put out (and purchased) and these worked out at a lower price per game than those who had bought at the start of the season.

The difference between the two is being offered as a discount off next years season ticket.

However, I think that’s wrong as those who bought a season ticket at the start of the season will now have to buy another season ticket to get what their offering back.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 09, 2017, 11:50:46 pm by silent majority »
Firstly I wasn't misled about previous announcements, if you check my initial posts I mentioned the email had already gone out announcing the details.

My current post is that having checked with the club the plan is that official details of the 1/2 season membership will be announced  next week with tickets for sale on the 20th.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 09, 2017, 11:52:42 pm by silent majority »

QUestion given that emails are mentioned in the thread. Are they ever planning to fix the broken email system meaning many of us still don't get any club emails. They're missing the main target market.

And following up from that the current changes should resolve those issues.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 09, 2017, 11:56:20 pm by silent majority »

Those who bought their season tickets at the start of the season paid x amount for the season which worked out at so much per game.

The half season ticket prices were then put out (and purchased) and these worked out at a lower price per game than those who had bought at the start of the season.

The difference between the two is being offered as a discount off next years season ticket.

However, I think that’s wrong as those who bought a season ticket at the start of the season will now have to buy another season ticket to get what their offering back.

Agreed. However the club admitted they had messed up on the prices. That still only amounts to a few quid at the most, hardly enough to get too upset about.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 10, 2017, 07:20:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

And following up from that the current changes should resolve those issues.

Fingers crossed, it's been a long long running issue.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 16, 2017, 01:11:29 pm by glosterred »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 16, 2017, 02:35:14 pm by Jenny »

Agreed. However the club admitted they had messed up on the prices. That still only amounts to a few quid at the most, hardly enough to get too upset about.

On the discount, I'd be quite happy for mine to be donated to charity - I paid a price at the beginning of the season and was happy with that, I don't really care what others around me may have paid. Maybe this is something the club should think about offering?

EDIT - I shouldn't even qualify for a discount, I paid c£284 for my 24 games and the half season ticket equivalent is £150. It appears that from a South Stand perspective, the only people who 'lose out' are those who bought after the price went up after the early bird £299 offer.

If the club did a mail merge to all season ticket holders offering them a refund, they are going to be more out of pocket than they need to be!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:37:48 pm by Jenny »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012