Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:20:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2 points wasted.  (Read 6789 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
2 points wasted.
« on November 11, 2017, 02:32:39 pm by normal rules »
6 mins into injury time ffs

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Samson Vidal

• Forum Member
Re: 2 points wasted.
« Reply #1 on November 11, 2017, 02:34:00 pm by Samson Vidal »
Fergie time...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 11, 2017, 02:37:56 pm by normal rules »
Fergie will be fuming no doubt

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 11, 2017, 02:38:37 pm by SydneyRover »
Big game from DR against a strong team, unllucky.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2017, 02:40:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
got team selection and subs spot on today. typcial derby game, not much football played, but I think Rovers were the better team 2nd half and deserved 3 points more than Rotherscum

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2017, 02:56:59 pm by bpoolrover »
Thought was nailed on 0 0 typical derby game, with little entertainment, maybe I'm expecting to much but can count on 1 hand the games I've enjoyed this season, saying that though we battled well today and just a shame couldn't hang on

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2017, 02:58:29 pm by acko »
if only the rovers had a center foreward that wins90% of the balls crossed to him

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2017, 03:09:17 pm by Donny Dub »
Rovers were more up for it.  We defended like demons, Fergie had us well organised there OK.  Kongolo played better than I’ve ever seen him do.  We offer nowt up front tho’, it’s like we play without strikers or anyone up front that can hold the ball up.  I’ll say it again Marquis is not able for League 1, he is not a footballer and pisses off the opposition by falling over too easy and waving his arms and moaning to the referee.  I wished we’d sold him for the £10,000 we could’ve got for him last season.
Rovers need to give Williams a run, get Alfie back and find a leader again like Rob Jones, some one out there to inspire the others a bit. 
Rovrum’s No 23, he’s a young Aussie, impressed me today.  We could’ve bought him cheaply from Barnsley in the Summer.
Good luck!
Good luck

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2017, 03:41:32 pm by selby »
 Donny Dub thats why you are quoting on here  Donny,you know nothing about football.Marquis is the man of the match on Sky,and their EXPERTS have praised him all the game.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2017, 03:45:09 pm by RoversAlias »
Just one of those things in the end, we dug in really well in the second half and were managing the added times very well until the last minute or two. Marquis should have hoofed it away but it's harsh to blame him for the goal, or the defence because Lawlor made a great save, Alcock (I think) followed that up with a great block and then they finally got it in with the third bite.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2017, 03:46:18 pm by RedJ »
We very nearly kept them out as well. Thought the defence was good today.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 11, 2017, 03:52:55 pm by roversdude »
Joe Wright struggled early on against the big lump they had, grew into the game though

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 11, 2017, 03:55:57 pm by Dare to dream! »
Rotherham had the better of the first half whereas we we're the better team in the second half. We we're more up for it than them but they had a bit more quality and more clear cut chances.

A draw is probably fair but at 1-0 in 95mins you would expect to win

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 11, 2017, 04:03:23 pm by Bessie Red »
Draw definitely the correct result however feels like a loss!! The Rotherham supporting ref will be happy on the team coach back to Rotherham!!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 11, 2017, 04:10:10 pm by since-1969 »
Reluctantly agree but it was our fault again not doing the right things . Marquis is a joke in front of goal , his confidence has just evaporated.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 11, 2017, 04:22:15 pm by anne honemous »
The way the game ended is naturally disappointing as I thought we'd just about done enough to get the three points, even though it was far from a vintage performance.

The consolation is that we got something from the game at least, avoiding defeat, and it nudges us a slight bit closer towards our target for the season.

However, my biggest frustration, yet again, is this another game where our weaknesses have been identified and we look nowhere nearer to solving them in the short-term than we did back in August.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 11, 2017, 04:34:31 pm by rtid88 »
Marquis is a joke in front of goal , his confidence has just evaporated.
Sky commentators absolutely loved Marquis, didn't stop talking about him all game. I didn't see it myself. He got MOM on Sky.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 11, 2017, 04:43:10 pm by Jersey Rover »
Play 2 up front, not enough options. Definitely will when Kiwomya comes back. Think he wants rid of Williams otherwise why not play him up as a 2 like last year

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 11, 2017, 04:51:00 pm by Campsall rover »
What a sickener. We have to learn how to see out a game. If the ball is in the other half of the pitch then the opposition can't score.
We are continually our own worst enemy.
We should have 9 points more than we have due to conceding goals after the 85th minute.
We would then be seriously looking at the play offs this season.
Not good and we must learn quickly.
Having said that a good second half today and overall we just edged it I thought.
Physically we are lacking at times as we don't win enough 50/50's in most matches.
Couple of signings needed in January I feel.  :rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 11, 2017, 05:00:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can't argue with that. We keep pressing the self destruct button, even when for 95 mins we've defended manfully.

Real concern about Lawlors kicking. All game his direction was off target, then to put one in to touch with seconds left just gifted possession back to them and the goal.

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 11, 2017, 05:28:19 pm by Donny Dub »
I rather think Lawlors presence around the area is very good and he seems to always look to distribute the ball properly, his kicking is good and long too but he is a goalie after all.  I do think he is rather vulnerable on his high ball catching, he punches it too frequently for me.
Good luck!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 11, 2017, 05:45:08 pm by mushRTID »
if only the rovers had a center foreward that wins90% of the balls crossed to him

But we don’t have one. So why keep banging long balls up to the one we have got?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 11, 2017, 05:53:46 pm by RedJ »
Always made me laugh when we were hoofing up to Alfie May as well. He's 5'5 or something for f**k sake.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 11, 2017, 06:08:24 pm by roversdude »
The one time it needed a quick kick up field he messed about with ball.
I’m all for quick distribution but sometimes we just play ourselves into trouble

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 11, 2017, 06:10:40 pm by GazLaz »
The one time it needed a quick kick up field he messed about with ball.
I’m all for quick distribution but sometimes we just play ourselves into trouble

They were very good at stopping our quick distribution. Closed the keeper and put players on defenders as soon as Lawlor looked to distribute.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 11, 2017, 06:29:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
My only grumble was that I thought Williams would have made a difference last 15 minutes.

Ferguson is doing OK with what he has at the moment. We probably need a bit more creativity and experience in midfield. A stock type player.

Thought kongolo had his best game and Houghton good too.

As for rotherham. One dimensional long balls but if you have a big striker it always gives you a chance.  Reminded me of the Bradford game, played fairly well but always a chance against us on a long ball.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 11, 2017, 06:49:23 pm by Jonathan »
It wasn't a great game. I thought Rotherham were awful. A team of giants - very one dimensional and a throw back to the old Lincoln team managed by John Beck. Still it seems to be getting results. A damning indictment on this division if anything.

We weren't at our best either. Coppinger and Rowe are massive players for us in the final third and neither was anywhere near their best form.

Thought Matty Blair did well. And Jordan Houghton is just outstanding. Marshals the midfield with the command and confidence of someone far beyond his years. He's a key player for us and we need to keep him longer.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 11, 2017, 07:17:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If you didn't see what Marquis was doing then I do wonder what you are watching. He was superb, especially in the second half. Working in an isolated position up front, he never once stopped working and harrying the defence. Some of his touches and movement in the second half was top drawer. Controlling the ball with two much bigger defenders all over him, then laying it off intelligently and accurately.

Plus he had two stonewall penalty decisions go against him.

Stop and think. Imagine Williams in that role. Close your eyes and picture it for 10 seconds.
There. See?

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 11, 2017, 07:37:39 pm by turnbull for england »
His fitness levels must be superb end to end all game

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 11, 2017, 09:05:43 pm by drfchound »
The pen shout in the first half was a cast iron one, the defender pushed him over with two hands.
Anywhere else on the pitch and the ref gives a free kick.
He actually did give us a free kick moments later after an identical push on Butler at the other end.
Marquis certainly did put a shift in today but lacked support, especially late on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012