Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:26:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Food Concourse SS  (Read 5147 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Food Concourse SS
« on November 11, 2017, 05:34:20 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Something which really suprised me today, we dont generally queue for food/drinks etc due to the excessive queuing time however myself and my other half decided we wanted some chips. Pretty standard went down out half time and the usual 10-15 minute wait I think it was the Pop Side bar nearest to where you gain entry to SS. We got to the front and the woman said they wasn't serving any chips but we couldn't actually pay for them as they couldn't sell them to us and would have to wait behind 10 other people. Decided to grab something after the game really suprising and there didn't appear to be much choice on offer and sold out of pies, burgers etc unless they were been prepared.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Food Concourse SS
« Reply #1 on November 11, 2017, 05:41:04 pm by RedJ »
You were SURPRISED by any of this?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 11, 2017, 05:41:38 pm by mushRTID »
Standard

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 11, 2017, 05:42:09 pm by roverstillidie91 »
I rarely ever go for anything from there. In terms of seeing it for myself so to speak.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2017, 05:52:29 pm by anne honemous »
The catering is terrible and after all the false promises given over the years, the company running the catering should be kicked into touch.

Bring back the Belle Vue snack bars where you could buy a bovril and a boiled burger for no more than a couple of quid, whilst watching the game!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2017, 07:50:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There was no milk for tea and coffee in the West Stand kiosk nearest the south end.

Judging by the the state of the ale I had, I think they'd poured it all in there.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2017, 08:50:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
Not sure who to be more annoyed with - the providers for not meeting fairly basic customer demand(s) - or the consumers for thinking owt will ever change.

We have been in there for over a decade and judging by regular ‘feedback’ on here, folk do not think it is much cop.

Don’t want to be too pessimistic but it isn’t going to change so just accept it.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2017, 08:54:59 pm by 5minstogo »
I feel revitalised. Stopped off at Morrisons on the way and bought a pasty and a bottle of pop.

No moaning about catering from me. They had their chance.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2017, 09:19:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Is anybody actually surprised at what appears to be another bloody great failure from this catering  company  .............................................. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:25:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2017, 09:42:22 pm by RedJ »
I feel revitalised. Stopped off at Morrisons on the way and bought a pasty and a bottle of pop.

No moaning about catering from me. They had their chance.

Probably a damn sight cheaper as well.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2017, 10:00:09 pm by roversdude »
No doubt there will have been thousands of commendations today (sic)

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 11, 2017, 10:02:41 pm by German Rover »
My pie was nice, horrifically expensive but nice.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 11, 2017, 10:08:19 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Is it fair to say the club could be losing money over this? And with the Club Doncaster Foundation wanting to keep progressing this ought to not be swept under the carpet?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 11, 2017, 10:10:00 pm by mushRTID »
Very fair.

Despite the bigger crowd the kiosks looked quieter today. People seem to have had enough.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 11, 2017, 10:55:24 pm by since-1969 »
What would be said if they just closed them . Every game sets lower standards of service , poor quality food at extortionate prices . I over heard someone order a hotdog and the girl replied “I don’t know where they are” odd as there only seemed to be 3 people working on the kiosk . 

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 11, 2017, 11:08:21 pm by RoversAlias »
Is it fair to say the club could be losing money over this? And with the Club Doncaster Foundation wanting to keep progressing this ought to not be swept under the carpet?

I'd say it is more than fair to say. Cast-iron certain surely that the club are losing money over this continued shambolic service.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 12, 2017, 03:58:56 pm by ravenrover »
There was no milk for tea and coffee in the West Stand kiosk nearest the south end.

Judging by the the state of the ale I had, I think they'd poured it all in there.

The cartons of milk and condiments were at the far left hand side of the kiosk

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 12, 2017, 05:23:50 pm by Move DRFC »
All they had was chips and hotdogs at half time so poor surely they knew demand would be higher

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 12, 2017, 05:32:31 pm by Jenny »
Are the club losing money, or are Centreplate losing money?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 12, 2017, 06:09:38 pm by since-1969 »
I think your missing the point it’s the supporters who loosing out , poor quality food , bad service , over priced , and long queues and not  enough dialogue with supporters .

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 12, 2017, 07:32:33 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Breach of contract if they get sufficient amount of compaints? Fair to say I wouldn't recommend and go again and their unpopularity will soon gather pace.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 12, 2017, 07:37:24 pm by roversdude »
I’ve had a quick google search looking for an update on Gillingham’s problems with centerplate but it seems to have gone quiet

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 12, 2017, 07:41:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Or gone cold, more appropriately.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 12, 2017, 07:42:42 pm by roversdude »
Lol

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 12, 2017, 08:09:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I made sure I bought my steak pie in the BVB and saved it, in the knowledge the concourse bars were likely to run out.

I doubt Centreplate and the club are losing money, but maybe we could argue they could make more. I would imagine yesterday will have been quite profitable.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 12, 2017, 09:38:21 pm by Jenny »
I think your missing the point it’s the supporters who loosing out , poor quality food , bad service , over priced , and long queues and not  enough dialogue with supporters .

I'm not missing the point, I was simply asking a question.... I imagine there will be very few people on here who know the ins and outs of the catering deal but it wouldn't surprise me if we got a fixed income from Centreplate for them having the contract and therefore any profits/losses fall to them rather than Rovers.

Not once did I mention how this impacts the fans...

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 12, 2017, 09:52:15 pm by anne honemous »

I'm not missing the point, I was simply asking a question.... I imagine there will be very few people on here who know the ins and outs of the catering deal but it wouldn't surprise me if we got a fixed income from Centreplate for them having the contract and therefore any profits/losses fall to them rather than Rovers.

Not once did I mention how this impacts the fans...

Given the appalling lack of quality in the service and standards at the catering kiosks and the club not exactly being forthcoming in kicking them into touch, then I think you may be correct.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 12, 2017, 10:19:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So, if Rovers are getting a good kick back from Centreplate, despite the service issues, would it change opinions of whether they should be kicked out or not?

All I'm saying is if Rovers were to look at alternatives, the bottom line could end up being worse.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 13, 2017, 10:12:54 am by since-1969 »
Not likely to be any worse !!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 13, 2017, 10:50:27 am by RedJ »
Of course the bottom line could be worse if we end up going elsewhere, what are you on about?

Though I hope we haven't gone for them because they're a cheap option.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012