Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:30:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Michael McIndoe - Wilding  (Read 4267 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Michael McIndoe - Wilding
« on November 16, 2017, 05:51:26 pm by Branton Rover »
Having read the autobiography I learnt so much that I never knew before about the man behind the footballer.

I have to say what a scintillating book into a very enigmatic & charismatic character - I wrote an online review about how much I had enjoyed reading his life-story & then thought not much more about it.

Then out of the blue I received a tweet direct from Michael himself thanking me for buying his book & writing a positive review on Amazon. I’m not ashamed to say I got quite emotional to receive a direct acknowledgement of thanks from the author himself - I would urge all supporters of Rovers and indeed footie fans in general to read the book - it goes to show how powerful the press are in this country & how they can distaught the truth to suit their agenda with no thought given to how it can affect the individual

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Michael McIndoe - Wilding
« Reply #1 on November 16, 2017, 05:58:42 pm by mushRTID »
Heard some good reviews so have just ordered it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 16, 2017, 06:16:40 pm by wilts rover »
Does he go into much detail on his time at Rovers? I would be interested in his take on how he came to sign for us and then the fall out with Penny that led to him leaving?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 16, 2017, 06:31:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Having read the autobiography I learnt so much that I never knew before about the man behind the footballer.

I have to say what a scintillating book into a very enigmatic & charismatic character - I wrote an online review about how much I had enjoyed reading his life-story & then thought not much more about it.

Then out of the blue I received a tweet direct from Michael himself thanking me for buying his book & writing a positive review on Amazon. I’m not ashamed to say I got quite emotional to receive a direct acknowledgement of thanks from the author himself - I would urge all supporters of Rovers and indeed footie fans in general to read the book - it goes to show how powerful the press are in this country & how they can distaught the truth to suit their agenda with no thought given to how it can affect the individual

“Location services disabled” in the tweet I bet.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 16, 2017, 06:32:04 pm by RoversAlias »
People I've seen haven't had a lot of good to say about the book, saying it came across like he didn't think anything was ever his fault in any of the events that have happened throughout his career and post-football dealings.

Of course I haven't read it myself so couldn't comment personally.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 16, 2017, 06:40:09 pm by since-1969 »
Does he go into much detail on his time at Rovers? I would be interested in his take on how he came to sign for us and then the fall out with Penny that led to him leaving?
There was his gambling and JR paid off his debts in an attempt keep him on the straight and narrow. McInfoe is just chancer , a cheap fake . He is yet to get  his , but I’m sure we’ll read on some chip paper or other of his final fall soon enough .
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:35:02 pm by since-1969 »

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 16, 2017, 06:53:32 pm by Branton Rover »
Read the book don’t pre-judge - it put me straight on his business dealings & upbringing as a kid in Edinburgh

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 16, 2017, 07:08:51 pm by German Rover »
Read the book don’t pre-judge - it put me straight on his business dealings & upbringing as a kid in Edinburgh

It put you straight on his side of his business dealings.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 16, 2017, 07:29:24 pm by Branton Rover »
After only hearing the press view of Macca I had my pre-conceptions like anyone else. The papers basically destroyed his reputation with complete lies - as far as I can gather his business dealings were legitimate - if he was guilty of anything it’s trusting the wrong kind of people, and I don’t see how anyone can be hung out to dry for being too trusting - he most certainly is not crooked, naive maybe but that’s a human trait

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 16, 2017, 07:54:50 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Naive...a human trait.
It certainly is...

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 16, 2017, 08:08:36 pm by since-1969 »
Or just stupid !

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 16, 2017, 10:26:34 pm by anne honemous »
I wouldn't believe a word written in his book.

Can someone get Tim Ryan to write a review. I know for a fact that'd be more honest!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 16, 2017, 11:42:40 pm by Muttley »
After only hearing the press view of Macca I had my pre-conceptions like anyone else. The papers basically destroyed his reputation with complete lies - as far as I can gather his business dealings were legitimate - if he was guilty of anything it’s trusting the wrong kind of people, and I don’t see how anyone can be hung out to dry for being too trusting - he most certainly is not crooked, naive maybe but that’s a human trait

You’re Michael McIndoe and I claim my five pounds.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 17, 2017, 08:43:08 am by Glyn_Wigley »
And of course, unlike the press, McIndoe is completely incapable of distorting things and is telling the truth throughout the whole book.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 17, 2017, 12:14:54 pm by rtid88 »
I wouldn't believe a word written in his book.

Can someone get Tim Ryan to write a review. I know for a fact that'd be more honest!

Top bloke Tim!!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 17, 2017, 01:43:09 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
I really enjoyed the book. Cant comment on his guilt or innocence because the book was always going to be biased, but I trust him more than the Daily Mail.

The thing that really stood out for me was JR thinking of sacking DP on the Arsenal game afternoon hours before KO.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 17, 2017, 06:05:41 pm by DRNaith »
I really enjoyed the book. Cant comment on his guilt or innocence because the book was always going to be biased, but I trust him more than the Daily Mail.

The thing that really stood out for me was JR thinking of sacking DP on the Arsenal game afternoon hours before KO.

Why would a player even know that?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 17, 2017, 06:08:43 pm by GazLaz »

Why would a player even know that?

He wouldn’t have at the time. Will have found out later.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 17, 2017, 07:14:54 pm by wilts rover »
Funny that John Ryan didn't mention that in his book. Maybe he is saving it for vol 2?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012