Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:12:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Notts County game  (Read 7541 times)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Notts County game
« Reply #30 on November 13, 2018, 08:09:14 pm by donnievic »
1-1 now we just need to match Grimsbys result unless they sum how win by 3 then we would need to win by 2

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 13, 2018, 08:12:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Could do with NUFC winning this by at least 3-1 - or 4-1 then we could lose and progress

Thats a bad way (defensive) way of looking at things I know and I really hope we just go for it and hammer NCFC and progress !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 13, 2018, 08:14:35 pm by Donnywolf »
1-1 now we just need to match Grimsbys result unless they sum how win by 3 then we would need to win by 2

How about Notts County if GTFC lose and County beat us - still possible I guess but their Forum Members hope they get knocked out as staying up is their priority (they say)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 13, 2018, 08:31:02 pm by eastender »
1-2 newcastle

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 13, 2018, 08:35:42 pm by donnievic »

How about Notts County if GTFC lose and County beat us - still possible I guess but their Forum Members hope they get knocked out as staying up is their priority (they say)

If Newcastle  win we can lose by 1 and would still go through

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 13, 2018, 08:58:48 pm by eastender »
2-2

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 13, 2018, 09:32:02 pm by RedRover45 »
2-3 😁

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 13, 2018, 10:08:20 pm by eastender »
So we can lose 1-0 and still qualify , I think.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 13, 2018, 10:18:35 pm by Donnywolf »
Gives us a chance to lose by the odd Goal - even 5-4 - and go through. We cant though (I think) lose by 2 Goals - 2-0 or 3-1 for example - County go through with Goal Diff -1 to our -2 and GTFC -2

We can play a half and half Team I reckon and reading their Forum they are pessimistic on the whole but the only mention of Checkatrade is they hope they get out of it tomorrow

Still 1-3 or 2-3 for me !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:26:30 pm by Donnywolf »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 13, 2018, 11:19:11 pm by selby »
 We are overdue a surprise, a clean sheet 0-2

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 14, 2018, 07:16:08 am by drfchound »
Gives us a chance to lose by the odd Goal - even 5-4 - and go through. We cant though (I think) lose by 2 Goals - 2-0 or 3-1 for example - County go through with Goal Diff -1 to our -2 and GTFC -2

We can play a half and half Team I reckon and reading their Forum they are pessimistic on the whole but the only mention of Checkatrade is they hope they get out of it tomorrow

Still 1-3 or 2-3 for me !

Is that a 1-3 or 2-3 defeat or are you showing our score last because it is an away game.

I can never understand why anyone would show a 1-3 scoreline as a win.

You wouldn’t  say we won 0-2 or 1-3 so why write it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 14, 2018, 07:25:41 am by drfchound »
What would happen to the group table if we drew at 90 minutes but then lost on pens?
Could a bonus point with a pen shootout win make a difference to Notts County.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 14, 2018, 07:27:57 am by Donnywolf »
Oh thats a superb question. Ive gone from celebrating to back in the Pit of Gloom   :suicide:

EDIT  Phew - Just looked at Table if we draw we would have 4 Points - Grimsby 3 and County 1 + plus one for the Shootout for them would =2

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:32:36 am by Donnywolf »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 14, 2018, 07:42:05 am by Pancho Regan »
I've only just realised we are playing the 'Magpies' for the second time in 4 days.

Is it 'one for sorrow, two for joy'?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 14, 2018, 07:46:06 am by drfchound »
Oh thats a superb question. Ive gone from celebrating to back in the Pit of Gloom   :suicide:

EDIT  Phew - Just looked at Table if we draw we would have 4 Points - Grimsby 3 and County 1 + plus one for the Shootout for them would =2

Yep, I had a look as well and just came on to write what your edit says.
Back into happy land then DW.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 14, 2018, 08:04:41 am by Donnywolf »
Yes - I was frantic for a second there

Big Q now of course - what Team do we turn out ? Do we want to progress more that they do ? Their Forum is really anti this Comp as they want to prioritise on staying up !

That could help us in what could become a Champions League type game - losing 2-0 but knowing 1 Goal will get you through or winning 2-0 knowing with 10 minutes left you go through unless you concede 4 before Full Time.

Cant wait (although the Pre Match Pub is uppermost in my mind) - definetely worth a Fiver - but I'm sure County wont see it that way !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 14, 2018, 08:13:37 am by IDM »
We must go out to win tonight regardless of what fans think about the competition..

As well as being a cup we can realistically win, it gives fringe and young players game time in senior football without risking league points..

The club, as a whole, could do with a big W in the fixtures/results column..

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 14, 2018, 08:56:26 am by wing commander »
   I don't like this competition full stop,yet again the whole purpose of what the competition is for was undermined last night when West Brom u21's featured Gareth Barry at 37 years old..

That said I want us to win to try and get a bit of confidence back and remind them of the winning feeling again..So I would play a decent team..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 14, 2018, 08:58:52 am by IDM »
U-whatever has always allowed a certain amount of over age players..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 14, 2018, 10:16:20 am by selby »
  If Barry was the only over age player( I don't know if he was) and the rest of the team were genuine youngsters, I can see the advantage of having a player like him in the team, passing on his experience during the game, and have no problem with it.
   More than one or two and that would start to take the biscuit.
   Also youngsters playing against players like that can learn a lot about the game, at the higher level

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 14, 2018, 12:47:54 pm by bobjimwilly »
I disagree this is a must win game. There's more money in the FA Cup and the League is obviously most important. We've got 2 more games after tonight in the space of 6 days and key players should be rested IMO

This season is rapidly going down the pan, I'm afraid.

We're 3 points from the top 6 and only 10 points from automatic. It can easily be turned around. Let's not panic.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 14, 2018, 04:39:42 pm by scawsby steve »
I disagree this is a must win game. There's more money in the FA Cup and the League is obviously most important. We've got 2 more games after tonight in the space of 6 days and key players should be rested IMO

This season is rapidly going down the pan, I'm afraid.

We're 3 points from the top 6 and only 10 points from automatic. It can easily be turned around. Let's not panic.

At last a post of common sense. We've suffered enough from injuries and suspensions in the last few weeks, especially with such a small squad. Why risk more for the least important game in a run of 3 matches in 7 days?.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:44:41 pm by scawsby steve »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 14, 2018, 06:46:59 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
very weak team out

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 14, 2018, 06:50:02 pm by steve@dcfd »
Lawlor
Cummings Anderson Blaney Amos
Blair Anderson Crawford
Beestin May Longbottom

Jones.  Mason. Andrew Prior Ben Khemis Wilks Morris

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:55:32 pm by steve@dcfd »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 14, 2018, 07:31:16 pm by vaya »
Interested to see how Longbottom and Blaney get on, from anyone going.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 14, 2018, 07:43:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Interesting line up. Good luck to the youngsters!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 14, 2018, 08:00:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
Interesting line up. Good luck to the youngsters!

It’s the best second string line up we’ve got without Taylor. GM will see more of them tonight.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 15, 2018, 12:18:39 am by selby »
   It is time the manager was made to disclose the team the day before a game so supporters like me can decide whether a game is worth going to.
 That was embarrassing, that is the only way to describe it.I don't think that Anderson J was at all bothered about playing football at all, and Cummings looked like he never had before.
   Yet again the fringe players proved they are not in any way going to put any pressure on the first team apart from Crawford, who at times looked the only class player we had.
   The funniest moment was when a steward caught the ball in the second tier of the main stand as easy as pie, just after Lawlor, who let four goals in and never made a save in the game had dropped two easy lobs into the area.
   The manager and the team let every supporter that travelled to the game down with that performance and strength of selections. while teams like us pick teams made up of juniors and second team players, how can we turn around and criticize the U21's teams in the competition. And who are the losers, us watching that tripe dished up, and the owners who have had thousands of pounds tossed away like a used Johny. Because some of those players are just not good enough to play at league standard.
    I stand by my statement, we have better players playing out on loan for other clubs than we have here this season.
    And it is so predictable, most knew when the team was announced they are not good enough and leaves me questioning for the first time in my life whether to go to any matches in future in this competition, it's not funny, throwing money away like this club does, and supporters paying out to watch tripe.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 15, 2018, 01:09:23 am by RedJ »
   It is time the manager was made to disclose the team the day before a game so supporters like me can decide whether a game is worth going to.

One of the most ridiculous things I've read on here.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 15, 2018, 03:55:36 am by scawsby steve »
 That was embarrassing, that is the only way to describe it.I don't think that Anderson J was at all bothered about playing football at all, and Cummings looked like he never had before.
   Yet again the fringe players proved they are not in any way going to put any pressure on the first team apart from Crawford, who at times looked the only class player we had.
   The funniest moment was when a steward caught the ball in the second tier of the main stand as easy as pie, just after Lawlor, who let four goals in and never made a save in the game had dropped two easy lobs into the area.
   The manager and the team let every supporter that travelled to the game down with that performance and strength of selections. while teams like us pick teams made up of juniors and second team players, how can we turn around and criticize the U21's teams in the competition. And who are the losers, us watching that tripe dished up, and the owners who have had thousands of pounds tossed away like a used Johny. Because some of those players are just not good enough to play at league standard.
    I stand by my statement, we have better players playing out on loan for other clubs than we have here this season.
    And it is so predictable, most knew when the team was announced they are not good enough and leaves me questioning for the first time in my life whether to go to any matches in future in this competition, it's not funny, throwing money away like this club does, and supporters paying out to watch tripe.

Come on Brian, you know managers can't alert the opposition as to what team they'll be playing against.

As regards you being disappointed that we turned the reserves out, how many times do you need telling that this tinpot cup is a reserve team competition?; and as for Mandeville and McCullough, they need clearing out in the summer with the rest of the dead wood that this squad's carrying at the moment.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012