Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:33:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Notts County game  (Read 7540 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Notts County game
« Reply #60 on November 15, 2018, 07:30:02 am by steve@dcfd »
GM said at the beginning of his tenure he wanted to win this cup, he wanted to take the team to Wembley. You like others don’t believe in this cup but he said he did. Selby (Brian) believed the manager would put out a team that would win the game. If he has manager believed that side would win the game then his decision making is flawed. He should have realised by now the squad we have is not strong. So yes he and the team let down supporters who traveled down as well as the club. I know the season is not over yet but GM and CB come out with all the excuses instead of putting them right. Praising the team for showing fight in the second half having thrown away the game in the first half via poor team selection and defending.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 15, 2018, 07:51:53 am by dickos1 »
   It is time the manager was made to disclose the team the day before a game so supporters like me can decide whether a game is worth going to.
 That was embarrassing, that is the only way to describe it.I don't think that Anderson J was at all bothered about playing football at all, and Cummings looked like he never had before.
   Yet again the fringe players proved they are not in any way going to put any pressure on the first team apart from Crawford, who at times looked the only class player we had.
   The funniest moment was when a steward caught the ball in the second tier of the main stand as easy as pie, just after Lawlor, who let four goals in and never made a save in the game had dropped two easy lobs into the area.
   The manager and the team let every supporter that travelled to the game down with that performance and strength of selections. while teams like us pick teams made up of juniors and second team players, how can we turn around and criticize the U21's teams in the competition. And who are the losers, us watching that tripe dished up, and the owners who have had thousands of pounds tossed away like a used Johny. Because some of those players are just not good enough to play at league standard.
    I stand by my statement, we have better players playing out on loan for other clubs than we have here this season.
    And it is so predictable, most knew when the team was announced they are not good enough and leaves me questioning for the first time in my life whether to go to any matches in future in this competition, it's not funny, throwing money away like this club does, and supporters paying out to watch tripe.

You seem to have omitted the player that scored the two goals from the players that impressed.
If Mandeville had scored two against notts county this forum would have gone into meltdown

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 15, 2018, 08:37:55 am by selby »
  Dickos I missed him out on purpose because he was one of the few, with Crawford, And Wilks who were of the standard we required.
    He missed quite a few chances, Wilks showed in the second half he is the more dangerous player, and was really the player who turned the game around, and was responsible for setting up both Mays  goals, winning a header in the box, and a chip to the far post for the other, and was very unlucky not to score himself with two pile drivers after runs with the ball at the defence which the goalkeeper did well to stop.
  Anderson J did not want to be there, and looked to be pulling out of things so as not to get hurt. Cummings looked lost, the goalkeeper a bag of nerves, and dropped the easiest of crosses which the crowd, few as they were laughed at., Blair looked what he is, not a midfield player, Amos got better in the second half, but along with Cummings  left the central defenders with the full width of  the field at the back to try and defend, and basically gave them no chance in the first half. Beestin was not in the game at all until late in the game along with Longbottom and looked
way off league standard footballers.
  Amos got better in the second half, and wants to show Mason how to put a good ball into the box.
   May, Crawford and Wilks, they are the only ones to come out with any credit, and three players are not going to win you a football game. T Anderson,  Amos, Blair, Mason, Blaney, did Okish, Anderson and Blaney being let down badly by players in front of them and the full backs in the first half. All the rest I would not lose any sleep if I never saw them play for the Rovers again, they are not good enough to on that showing, and certainly let the travelling fans down, wasting time and money to support them.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 15, 2018, 08:51:54 am by Alan Southstand »
I like your honesty, Selby, and I can sympathise as I was in the same place some games ago and now I am resigned to expect the worst. For the life of me, I can't see what this manager is doing to improve us and I've nailed my colours to the mast.

I wouldn't trust him with my money so why would I trust him with the Board's? The CEO went on record recently to say 'we are ahead of the game'. Let's hope he has a few aces up his sleeve, but regretfully it probably will not involve getting rid of this management team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 15, 2018, 08:53:25 am by RedJ »
   It is time the manager was made to disclose the team the day before a game so supporters like me can decide whether a game is worth going to.
 That was embarrassing, that is the only way to describe it.I don't think that Anderson J was at all bothered about playing football at all, and Cummings looked like he never had before.
   Yet again the fringe players proved they are not in any way going to put any pressure on the first team apart from Crawford, who at times looked the only class player we had.
   The funniest moment was when a steward caught the ball in the second tier of the main stand as easy as pie, just after Lawlor, who let four goals in and never made a save in the game had dropped two easy lobs into the area.
   The manager and the team let every supporter that travelled to the game down with that performance and strength of selections. while teams like us pick teams made up of juniors and second team players, how can we turn around and criticize the U21's teams in the competition. And who are the losers, us watching that tripe dished up, and the owners who have had thousands of pounds tossed away like a used Johny. Because some of those players are just not good enough to play at league standard.
    I stand by my statement, we have better players playing out on loan for other clubs than we have here this season.
    And it is so predictable, most knew when the team was announced they are not good enough and leaves me questioning for the first time in my life whether to go to any matches in future in this competition, it's not funny, throwing money away like this club does, and supporters paying out to watch tripe.

You seem to have omitted the player that scored the two goals from the players that impressed.
If Mandeville had scored two against notts county this forum would have gone into meltdown

FLT goals only count when it's Liam Mandeville, we all know that.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 15, 2018, 09:19:32 am by RoversAlias »
Wilks is the more dangerous player even when May scores 2 goals and Wilks scores 0. I've heard it all now.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 15, 2018, 09:48:41 am by wing commander »
  We are not learning anything we already didn't know in the Summer,it was just that GM thought they were better players than results and performances suggested..He was wrong..

We've got a pretty decent first 11 but how often do we get to play that??..Neither Anderson is good enough,and the less said about Lawlor the better..People were questioning Marko and wanted Lawlor to be given a chance..Well he's had it and he hasn't taken it...And what does Khemis have to do to get a starting chance???

I agree that we've got better players out on loan in Liam and Luke than we have here at the minute..I'm told that GM can give out a real Fergie type rollicking when he has to and I'm hoping that the reason he left it to Bryne to do post match was because he was fuming..We've took to many cheap options when it comes to player recruitment this last 18 months and we are paying for it..

We must have some decent budget left in January because we spent little on signing new players and if we haven't then we are vastly overpaying the ones we've got...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 15, 2018, 11:00:08 am by DonnyOsmond »
I think Ben Khemis was due to him coming back from injury.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on November 15, 2018, 05:54:47 pm by selby »
  RA, Wilks caused havoc in the Notts defence every time he had arun at them, nodded the ballmon for one of Alfies goals, and beat two men while being pulled back wide left of the box, hit the goal line and chipped to the far post where Alfie took the ball and hit a volley.
   Great play from Wilks, and a good finish from Alfie. Those goals saved him from getting a lot of stick, after missing guilt edge chances, both before half time and near the end when he should have scored from 6 yards again.
   Wilks changed the game, and was our best player, and proved with better selection, and more established first teamers we have  the players here that could have got us through.
 Where were you by the way, were you at the game? or filling the dish washer for mumsy,  And don't forget according to you the goals don't count in this competition, well you didn't last year

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:01:09 pm by selby »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 15, 2018, 06:50:59 pm by RoversAlias »
That's fine, Wilks can look dangerous and contribute but it just speaks VOLUMES about your personal vendetta against May that instead of praising him for scoring two goals you basically suggest it is all down to Wilks that he even scored them both. They still need finishing and we know our whole side has had a problem with that of late. Give him credit where it's due.

Also, this:

Where were you by the way, were you at the game? or filling the dish washer for mumsy,

Is unnecessary. I don't make it personal do I, I simply call out the footballing facts (or lack thereof). For the record, no I wasn't at the game because I still refuse to put any money into this joke competition. And May's goals in it are not as important as ones scored in the league, FA Cup or EFL Cup. He certainly hasn't done enough with his opportunity in those games this season and you won't find me saying otherwise.

I don't have a dishwasher, I do look after my mum since she's getting on a bit now, and I spent last night on a date at the cinema because it is a much more enjoyable experience than watching our second string play in a glorified reserve game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 15, 2018, 07:07:56 pm by selby »
   Did she have the last word?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012