Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:18:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let'stalk about the Wycombe Wanderers game  (Read 7790 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Let'stalk about the Wycombe Wanderers game
« Reply #30 on January 10, 2019, 09:25:29 am by idler »
The hot roast pork sandwich was great last time. The cask ale was poor and flat, plus they ran out by 2:15ish.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 10, 2019, 02:19:56 pm by philsky »

There's definitely 2 more as my nephew and his fiancé are coming along !

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 10, 2019, 02:28:18 pm by philsky »
Right at this moment 397 Tickets sold - so can probably add another "good few" for sales today and half of tomorrow so - 475 ?

Just seen this on the main site:

The club has sold over 400 tickets for this match and supporters are reminded that tickets will go off sale at the Club Doncaster Box Office at 2pm, Friday January 11.  Tickets will be available on the day but will be subject to a £2 price increase.  Tickets for this match can be purchased online until 2pm, Friday January 11 by visiting ticket.clubdoncaster.co.uk

So yes, 475 - 500 is about right.

Alex Gordon

« Reply #33 on January 10, 2019, 10:44:08 pm by Alex Gordon »
Right at this moment 397 Tickets sold - so can probably add another "good few" for sales today and half of tomorrow so - 475 ?
Funny that: word locally is that Wycombe are expecting near 900

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 11, 2019, 07:22:38 am by idler »
I can't see that many making the trip. I would expect about 500 max.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 11, 2019, 08:57:14 am by Donnywolf »
Funny that: word locally is that Wycombe are expecting near 900

At the moment Ticket sales are 443 with some hours to go. We average 634 away with a best of 1600 + at Barnsley with 1000 + at Burton. Last away Game at Gillingham had 272 away fans and at Bristol Rovers a similar distance to WW we had 340

So I am expecting (with our boost in form) slightly over 500 say 500 to 550
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:00:09 am by Donnywolf »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 11, 2019, 09:24:31 am by selby »
  Whoever goes, and I will be one I hope they have a great day out, and more importantly we come back with the three points which will keep the pressure on the teams around us in the league.
  I am expecting a tough game, at a lace we have not got the best record at, although we seem to have put a couple of places (Gillingham, Charlton) to bed lately, and have got good results there.
   I would bring Coppinger in for May, although May had a great game there the last time we played there before picking up a bad injury, otherwise I would start with the same team as at Preston.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 11, 2019, 09:41:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's hard to read McCann's thinking but, I think he's found a formula that works. Starting with May and Crawford in their respective positions and running themselves into the ground for an hour with a view to subbing them on the hour depending on the state of the game. To have, Copps, Rowe, Sadlier and now young Smith at his disposal, means the intensity of our game should never drop and we can take advantage of a tiring defence. Who better than to bamboozle the opposition than Copps in the final stages of the game!

More of the same please.

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 11, 2019, 10:45:43 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just heard McCann's prematch interview and it's good to hear him referring to "Getting the job done" inferring that promotion is the target that he and the players believe can be achieved.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 11, 2019, 11:34:13 am by selby »
 I would have no problem with May starting the game, he had his best game for the club on our last visit there, and we lost, but he played very well.
  I just think Coppinger is the better player and fit to the team, and it showed at Preston last week when he came on, the ball for Wilks to run onto was pinpoint between the covering defenders  and the goalkeeper.
  Very few players at this level have that ability, and while he is still playing we need that ability on the field of play as much as possible.
 My opinion of course others will disagree.

Alex Gordon

« Reply #40 on January 11, 2019, 11:38:20 am by Alex Gordon »
The hot roast pork sandwich was great last time. The cask ale was poor and flat, plus they ran out by 2:15ish.

I think that you must be talking about the naff marquee at Wycombe's ground, where they entertain 'away fans'. It's cold in there (no heating) and from what I hear adds nothing to the matchday experience! There are plenty of pubs to choose from who will welcome visiting fans, but its worth noting that the Hour Glass (nearest the ground) has a history of turning away visiting fans (dunno if they'll do this tomorrow) and the Half Moon has closed down. The pub opposite the station - Bootleggers - has an incredible range of ales and there are is a good Witherspoons pub in the town centre - the Falcon. Both will welcome 'away' fans. And, of course, the White Horse, where I work, on the A40 West Wycombe Road has 'exotic dancers' from lunchtime. Ales only in bottles, but plenty of lagers! NO admission charge - just the usual £1 in the pot if you watch.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 11, 2019, 11:59:28 am by Retdon1 »
With players coming back from injury, our squad is starting to look very strong. Soon our bench could look like Marosi, Wright, Lewis, Blair, Rowe, Copps, Saddler. That’s very good depth... my only concern is if anything happened to whiteman, have we got someone to replace him in the squad.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 11, 2019, 12:33:45 pm by selby »
  Trevor Kettle has now been appointed in charge of this game for some reason,probably penitence to pay for our past indiscretions.
  It certainly makes it harder for the players poised to reach a ban for their number  of bookings to now avoid it.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 11, 2019, 12:38:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
That’s very good depth... my only concern is if anything happened to whiteman, have we got someone to replace him in the squad.

Yes we have, Herbie Kane. Rowe to his left and either Blair or Crawford to his right.

There's room in the squad for another midfielder, though, as strong as we are elsewhere.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 11, 2019, 12:42:23 pm by IDM »
I would have no problem with May starting the game, he had his best game for the club on our last visit there, and we lost, but he played very well.
  I just think Coppinger is the better player and fit to the team, and it showed at Preston last week when he came on, the ball for Wilks to run onto was pinpoint between the covering defenders  and the goalkeeper.
  Very few players at this level have that ability, and while he is still playing we need that ability on the field of play as much as possible.
 My opinion of course others will disagree.

Copps coming in is always a great option and should be starting IMHO, but does anyone else deserve to be swapped out.?

May, Crawford, Wilks, all playing well at the moment..

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 11, 2019, 01:05:12 pm by Retdon1 »
That’s very good depth... my only concern is if anything happened to whiteman, have we got someone to replace him in the squad.

Yes we have, Herbie Kane. Rowe to his left and either Blair or Crawford to his right.

There's room in the squad for another midfielder, though, as strong as we are elsewhere.

I feel that if Kane was in the middle, we would lose his ability in an attacking sense. Idd hope we would bring in a replacement for Jermaine Anderson who I guess was brought in for that role but just wasn’t very good.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 11, 2019, 01:20:05 pm by RoversAlias »
Grant said recently that Anderson was brought in originally to cover injuries so I'll be surprised if we replace him to be honest.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 11, 2019, 01:56:35 pm by idler »

I think that you must be talking about the naff marquee at Wycombe's ground, where they entertain 'away fans'. It's cold in there (no heating) and from what I hear adds nothing to the matchday experience! There are plenty of pubs to choose from who will welcome visiting fans, but its worth noting that the Hour Glass (nearest the ground) has a history of turning away visiting fans (dunno if they'll do this tomorrow) and the Half Moon has closed down. The pub opposite the station - Bootleggers - has an incredible range of ales and there are is a good Witherspoons pub in the town centre - the Falcon. Both will welcome 'away' fans. And, of course, the White Horse, where I work, on the A40 West Wycombe Road has 'exotic dancers' from lunchtime. Ales only in bottles, but plenty of lagers! NO admission charge - just the usual £1 in the pot if you watch.
That's right Alex but the other bar ran out of bitter before 2:30 if I remember right.
Looking at your icon I'd have been better off down at the pub.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 11, 2019, 02:26:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What's the £1 for? Do they get their tips out for the lads?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 11, 2019, 04:08:17 pm by scawsby steve »

"Exotic dancers"; I knew Bentley Bullet and Selby would get a gig somewhere.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 11, 2019, 04:36:42 pm by drfchound »
Looking at the picture that Alex Gordon uses, I am wondering if this is a plug for that particular pub and whether Alex is a girl in this case.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 11, 2019, 04:44:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Looking at the picture that Alex Gordon uses, I am wondering if this is a plug for that particular pub and whether Alex is a girl in this case.

You don't think that picture could be BB or Selby then, Hound?.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 11, 2019, 05:07:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I don't think it's Brigitte Bardot, and if it was Selby he'd have called himself Mandy!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 11, 2019, 05:08:43 pm by drfchound »

I don't think it's Brigitte Bardot, and if it was Selby he'd have called himself Mandy!

Ha ha, brilliant answer BB.
I can’t come up with anything better than that.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 11, 2019, 05:13:02 pm by scawsby steve »

What about Mandy May?; no, the surname would put him off.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 11, 2019, 05:59:59 pm by selby »
  Steve I will be Mandy May, BB can be Usless Eustace and you can be Wobble gob,

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 11, 2019, 06:29:59 pm by scawsby steve »

Yeah, but I'll be the best looking of the group; I used to be a male model for sculptures of gargoyles.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 11, 2019, 07:59:21 pm by selby »
  There is one thing that brings us together, and that is wanting a good result tomorrow, I hope Alfie has a good game if he plays and hopefully gets on the score sheet,
 One thing for certain is we are not model class.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 11, 2019, 08:40:36 pm by Donnywolf »

Yeah, but I'll be the best looking of the group; I used to be a male model for sculptures of gargoyles.

Theres nowt in it - let me tell ya !

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 11, 2019, 08:51:18 pm by selby »
   Bloody hell Wolfie,I thought I could count on you, it's a bad enough night as it is, Weeds look an half decent side tonight, W******S.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012