Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:52:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let'stalk about the Wycombe Wanderers game  (Read 7791 times)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Let'stalk about the Wycombe Wanderers game
« Reply #60 on January 11, 2019, 11:11:27 pm by Pancho Regan »
I would have no problem with May starting the game, he had his best game for the club on our last visit there, and we lost, but he played very well.
  I just think Coppinger is the better player and fit to the team

I can almost hear you choking Selby!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 12, 2019, 07:01:52 am by Donnywolf »
   Bloody hell Wolfie,I thought I could count on you, it's a bad enough night as it is, Weeds look an half decent side tonight, W******S.

You can rely on me - I was humouring the other two  :lol:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 12, 2019, 01:35:38 pm by scawsby steve »
   Bloody hell Wolfie,I thought I could count on you, it's a bad enough night as it is, Weeds look an half decent side tonight, W******S.

You can rely on me - I was humouring the other two  :lol:

Not two Wolfie, four; don't forget Hound and RedJ; they like to join in with the banter as well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:05:38 pm by scawsby steve »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 12, 2019, 10:00:40 pm by selby »
Today felt just like coming out of the Rotherham ground last season at the end of the game, I was gutted but not surprised.
   There was no doubt that we were not at our best, and just like Fleetwood the pitch looked on the narrow side.
    Again Herbie Kane came in for some harsh treatment, but our midfield until half time was not at it's best Crawford not having his best game, but after half time we improved, Coppinger and Kane getting on the ball more, and Crawford playing well when pressing the ball and making their players rush when in possession, and we were worth our two goal lead.
  Then both managers made changes, we took our clever players off in Coppinger and Crawford,they resorted to hoof ball to Afikenwa and bingo the game changed.
  They picked up nearly all the second ball, we never kept possession and were constantly under pressure playing in our own half, and no one able to    Keep the ball, slow the game down and impose ourselves on the game.
   The goals we gave away were all preventable, and poor defending, the last being just a punt down the centre of the field onto our penalty spot, that teams in semi professional football deal with  easily.
  Lessons we have to learn quickly. the main one is keep and get our best players on the Field of play.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 12, 2019, 10:10:32 pm by Alickismyhero »
Spot on Selby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was rubbish today.

The best team won over 90mins

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 12, 2019, 11:12:48 pm by selby »
   The stato's on here are much better than myself, does any of the bookings picked up today mean a couple of our players will miss games in the next couple of weeks?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 12, 2019, 11:14:54 pm by RoversAlias »
   The stato's on here are much better than myself, does any of the bookings picked up today mean a couple of our players will miss games in the next couple of weeks?

Kane, Whiteman and Butler are all on 9 yellows so one away from a two match ban, the lot of them.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 12, 2019, 11:23:48 pm by selby »
  Thanks RA, I  posted the other day when the referee change was announced it was danger, I sometimes think he is an autograph hunter.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 13, 2019, 12:01:12 am by RoversAlias »
9 yellow cards in the game suggests so, it seems to be the case every week for Kettle. He definitely loves the attention.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 13, 2019, 01:08:42 am by bobjimwilly »
man of the match poll now up --> https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268620

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 13, 2019, 06:49:45 am by Donnywolf »
9 yellow cards in the game suggests so, it seems to be the case every week for Kettle. He definitely loves the attention.

I have posted elsewhere that this was one of his better games. He racked up 9 Cards for offences we usually scream for referees to punish !

Their Keeper playing for time. OK the Yellow could have come earlier.

Matty Blair holding on to their Player (think Wilks v Rochdale - where he drew 5 Yellows for challenges on him)

The tackle on Herbie - looked dangerous and Herbie himself did a challenge that perhaps took man and ball and was "easy to give a Yellow for"
The trouble with Refs including Kettle is that he COULD indeed should have had the bloke that dragged Wilks back but let play on and then deemed that an end to the matter. I did not. IT too should have been a Yellow

So what I am saying is it was by no means a dirty game - it was not littered with Fouls - the stand out one being the Tackle on HK and most players brought the Cards on themselves - and so Kettle dd not imo put himself front and centre (this time)

Cant believe I am defending Kettle !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012