Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:44:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Rotherham United cup game Tuesday  (Read 8868 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Rotherham United cup game Tuesday
« Reply #60 on October 09, 2019, 02:08:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was a joke game. We changed 9 from Saturday and they changed 8. Any first team player on either side who played was doing so against development squad lads. Would not put either a positive or negative gloss on individual or team performances.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:16:07 pm by Chris Black come back »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 09, 2019, 02:12:33 pm by selby »
  Alan,I agreed with your and Campsalls view on Longbootom who looked slow and disappointed me as well as Kiwomya. Both look like injury has taken so much away from their game, sad but looking like their chances are on the wain.
 We need better, and it does not stop with those two, if we are to improve replacement of players not up to division 1 standard must be replaced.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:17:57 pm by selby »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 09, 2019, 05:11:17 pm by NewDonny »
Seems to me that certain posters on here cannot post without digging some player out for something in every game. Now apparently Longbottom has no future at the club, poor lad.

Has had a serious injury, has had to fight to come back from it, had precious few opportunities, certainly this season, yet people want to write him off, wow!

If I was that young lad reading this I would wonder if I had landed on the right clubs fans forum.

Critiqueing a players performance is one thing and that's fine but writing off the prospects of a player who's has had to fight to stay in the game, based on a single performance is some rinkydink trophy match isn't. He needs encouragement not criticism.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:43:27 pm by NewDonny »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 09, 2019, 05:27:11 pm by NickDRFC »
Seems to me that certain posters on here cannot post without digging some player out for something in every game. Now apparently Longbottom has no future at the club, poor lad.

Has had a serious injury, has had to fight to come back from it, had precious few opportunities, certainly this season, yet people want to write him off, wow!

If I was that young lad reading this I would wonder if I had landed on the right clubs fans forum.

You have no idea how hard these lads have worked to get where they are and are in no position to judge them as players or individuals unless of course you have played the game at a serious level yourselves, although I suspect a lot if you haven't actually kicked a ball in anger ever!

Critiqueing a players performance is one thing and that's fine but writing off the prospects of a player who's has had to fight to stay in the game, based on a single performance is some dinkydink trophy match isn't. he needs encouragement not criticism.

Is he Sadlier’s cousin or something? ;)

To be honest I don’t really have an issue with people criticising players on here. I’d far rather people vent their frustration on the internet than at a match, when it can have a real negative impact on a player. I doubt many read the comments on here, and if they do I hope they’re wise enough to ignore the noise and pay more attention to their manager and his coaching staff. Agree that writing off a player’s career on the strength of what is essentially a reserve team game would be pretty short sighted.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 10, 2019, 10:20:13 am by steve@dcfd »

Critiqueing a players performance is one thing and that's fine but writing off the prospects of a player who's has had to fight to stay in the game, based on a single performance is some rinkydink trophy match isn't. He needs encouragement not criticism.
My view on Longbottom performance is not based on one match and I’ve already said that elsewhere. I have watched Will play from U18 level and preseason games and U23 games. His progress has gone backwards. Yes he’s had several injuries that have slowed down his progression. He’s been out on loan and been injured. He still has a contract at the club till the end of the season he must grasp the nettle and now DM has changed the U23 program he may see him improve. At the moment like Kiwomya he is not ready in my opinion for a first team player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012