Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:46:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Charlton Athletic game  (Read 4709 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Charlton Athletic game
« Reply #30 on March 31, 2021, 09:20:48 pm by normal rules »
Whilst it wasn’t welcome a few years ago, I’m hoping for a rain storm of biblical proportions and the match abandoned again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 01, 2021, 07:34:51 am by Chris Black come back »
They have kept 10 clean sheets away from home in League One this season, which is more than half their away games this season.

As a comparison, they have kept around 50pc more clean sheets away from home, than we have the entire season home and away.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 01, 2021, 08:52:06 am by drfchound »
They have kept 10 clean sheets away from home in League One this season, which is more than half their away games this season.

As a comparison, they have kept around 50pc more clean sheets away from home, than we have the entire season home and away.

I like that, tempting fate.
All runs come to an end.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 01, 2021, 09:43:29 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Big game. On Sky. Out of form. 2-1 loss.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 01, 2021, 09:53:10 am by Metalmicky »
Omar to bag a brace against his former employees...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 01, 2021, 04:14:56 pm by normal rules »
I’ll settle for a few more shots on goal than the MK game (one)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 01, 2021, 05:22:19 pm by swain_drfc »
Only hope we have is that players such as Taylor Richards fancy putting in a shift and looking like they can be bothered in front of the sky cameras. If this happens we could well win tomorrow.
However, if not then we will get beat 0-2.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 01, 2021, 05:25:27 pm by Janso »
I’ll settle for a few more shots on goal than the MK game (one)
I'll settle for one as long as it's the winner!

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 01, 2021, 07:07:17 pm by foxbat »
most nervous about showing ourselves up tgat I have been fir a long , long time.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 01, 2021, 07:22:36 pm by Lesonthewest »
A very easy game to throw the towel in early doors, the saga that is the leaky defence will not be allowed to get it right on the night,
Charlton just need to attack our right flank and play for as many free kicks and corners as they can.....close down the tippy tippy straight away and they will be practically be in the driving seat.....

I see a humble 4-0 drubbing with heads down by 15 mins on the clock,
I see Lokilo looking effective but not being effective
I see Halliday linking down the right wing to no avail and being targeted constantly .....
I see a timid midfield performing wannabe creative footballer cameos
I see a lone striker wondering why his support act hasn’t turned up again
I see a team with a lot of worry and no belief

I see a hot tub and a few wetties callingmy name.......
Crikey we may as well not turn up then.   
So we have gone from being automatic promotion contenders to a bunch of no hopers.
That is not the way i see it. We still have the same players.
We have have lost our best midfielder, lost our Manager and had a crippling injury list over the last 10/11 weeks. If that hadn’t affected results it would have been quite remarkable.
Yes results have been even worse than we would have hoped for agreed, but it will just take one good result to reignite the the spark that’s needed to get the team’s confidence levels back to where they were earlier in the season.
It’s very fine lines in football and confidence and self belief is all that is missing.
Ability is permanent not temporary and this team is full of players with loads of ability.

It’s up to Butts now to show his management credentials by reigniting the spark.
Can he do it? Let’s at least give him our 100% support on this forum which he deserves.

I think you are over estimating our earlier form and aspirations, we have not shown ourselves to be a truly dominant force for such a long time,

A neutral watching our last dozen or more performances would be scratching their head as to how we have been in the play offs for all this time....we have been pretty poor against most if not all of the teams below us........and that is NOT how you get out of this division

I see us winning probably 2 of our remaining fixtures, drawing a couple and losing the rest...I don’t want this to happen, but by the same token I don’t want us to get any points unless we’ve earned em........I don’t subscribe to the idea of “ a wins a win” no matter how it’s achieved, if it’s not earned it’s not worth having....this is only my opinion

Hallelujah, realism trumps optimism. Try not to be too realistic though it will go down of being negative. Hopefully we can get a win, will be supporting  & rooting for us as normal on matchday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 01, 2021, 08:27:05 pm by Campsall rover »
A very easy game to throw the towel in early doors, the saga that is the leaky defence will not be allowed to get it right on the night,
Charlton just need to attack our right flank and play for as many free kicks and corners as they can.....close down the tippy tippy straight away and they will be practically be in the driving seat.....

I see Halliday linking down the right wing to no avail and being targeted constantly .....

So we have gone from being automatic promotion contenders to a bunch of no hopers.
We have have lost our best midfielder, lost our Manager and had a crippling injury list over the last 10/11 weeks. If that hadn’t affected results it would have been quite remarkable.
Yes results have been even worse than we would have hoped for agreed, but it will just take one good result to reignite the the spark that’s needed to get the team’s confidence levels back to where they were earlier in the season.
It’s very fine lines in football and confidence and self belief is all that is missing.
Ability is permanent not temporary and this team is full of players with loads of ability.

It’s up to Butts now to show his management credentials by reigniting the spark.
Can he do it? Let’s at least give him our 100% support on this forum which he deserves.

I think you are over estimating our earlier form and aspirations, we have not shown ourselves to be a truly dominant force for such a long time,

A neutral watching our last dozen or more performances would be scratching their head as to how we have been in the play offs for all this time....we have been pretty poor against most if not all of the teams below us........and that is NOT how you get out of this division

I see us winning probably 2 of our remaining fixtures, drawing a couple and losing the rest...I don’t want this to happen, but by the same token I don’t want us to get any points unless we’ve earned em........I don’t subscribe to the idea of “ a wins a win” no matter how it’s achieved, if it’s not earned it’s not worth having....this is only my opinion

Hallelujah, realism trumps optimism. Try not to be too realistic though it will go down of being negative. Hopefully we can get a win, will be supporting  & rooting for us as normal on matchday.
My apologies for being optimistic. Sorry it offends you so much.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 02, 2021, 10:22:29 am by selby »
  You and me Paul , as I fancy a win today.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 02, 2021, 11:20:43 am by Campsall rover »
It’s make or break now.

If we can get 2 wins this Easter weekend then that would be massive.
Confidence levels will be Sky high again ( no pun intended as on Sky today )
We have 3 home games Charlton, Wigan and Burton with Bristol R away.
3 wins and a draw would be what i would want from these games minimum.
All winnable as is any game of course.

A win today is vital just to get that belief back into the players.
Any win will do of course but i really want to see us be much more positive in the last 3rd of the pitch. We need to move the ball much more quickly. Take people on in wide areas and get balls into the box much quicker and not be frightened of missing the target. If you don’t shoot you won’t score.

We simply have to go out and play with no fear.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 02, 2021, 12:44:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sadly, another catastrophic defensive mistake to put us behind.

Same story week after week.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 02, 2021, 12:51:33 pm by selby »
  Would have liked to see that on VAR.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 02, 2021, 12:56:18 pm by donnievic »
  Would have liked to see that on VAR.
for what???

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 02, 2021, 01:05:05 pm by sha66y »

My apologies for being optimistic. Sorry it offends you so much.

Never apologise for being optimistic, it’s a wonderful trait, however don’t be too quick to dismiss a critique based upon current results and ability ....the opinion that rovers are playing crap and being punished for it is an observation based upon what’s being viewed, and therefore he negative opinion is justified....

However if the team were playing very good with a real positive attitude, but getting beat by a team that was lucky ...we would all be pissed off but optimistic that we are playing good enough to turn the corner....

But we aren’t !

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 02, 2021, 01:11:12 pm by selby »
  For off side when the second header played it  forward, but in fairness we have not got a shot in us in front of goal. We probably have the only centre forward in Bogle you don't want the ball to drop to in the area in the division.
  Seen it back on replay from a wider angle no problem with it apart from poor defending, just a punt down field.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 01:28:24 pm by selby »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 02, 2021, 01:24:37 pm by donnievic »
Yeah only the 3 players playing him on

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 02, 2021, 01:29:23 pm by selby »
 See above Donnievic.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 02, 2021, 01:30:35 pm by Chris the Rover »
Another game where, so far, we have created next to nothing. I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see where a goal is coming from in the second half.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 02, 2021, 01:50:36 pm by the vicar »
Apart from giving the ball away most of the time and suicidal defending no movement in the team or creativeness we have been not very good at all, and I had high hopes for today, then we kicked off
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 01:55:09 pm by the vicar »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 02, 2021, 01:54:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is pretty depressing viewing if truth be told.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 02, 2021, 02:01:13 pm by selby »
  We are certainly not good enough on this showing, and are getting poorer by the minute.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 02, 2021, 02:02:13 pm by vaya »
Safe to say it's not a feast of football.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 02, 2021, 02:09:18 pm by normal rules »
Struggling to find the positives in this game. No strike force at all.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 02, 2021, 02:14:52 pm by sha66y »
It’s a good job nobody else s watching this...imagine opposition managers having this to use as a briefing tool....

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 02, 2021, 02:19:18 pm by the vicar »
Look all you want you won’t find one

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 02, 2021, 02:23:02 pm by selby »
  I don't see anything in Bogle that looks like having a shot never mind scoring, when he does try to shoot he tops it.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 02, 2021, 02:27:01 pm by normal rules »
Bogle seems to think he has all the time in the world when he has the ball at his feet. Very pedestrian

TinyPortal © 2005-2012