Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:46:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Charlton Athletic game  (Read 4710 times)

curley

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Charlton Athletic game
« Reply #60 on April 02, 2021, 02:29:34 pm by curley »
Clueless :headbang: :chair:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 02, 2021, 02:30:52 pm by the vicar »
You can’t pick a poorest player as they were all rubbish maybe Bogle he didn’t seem to want the ball

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 02, 2021, 02:32:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
To try and find some positive, the more Jones plays, the better he gets. I think we have a solid keeper.

The rest. Well. Not good at all.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 02, 2021, 02:41:47 pm by EasyforDennis »
The only positive to come out of that was what a great pitch we have. Maybe we should give the managers job to the head groundsman

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 02, 2021, 02:45:13 pm by tyke1962 »
There wasn't much in the game in my opinion , Charlton were well organised and had some savvy players who know how to manage a game .

That said they weren't anything remarkable either .

What was lacking from Rovers point of view was the tempo was far too slow , you needed to move the ball quickly and move those Charlton defenders around and much of your play became predictable .

I expected with such a young group more energy and tempo which is kinda the point with young players .

Disappointing display in such an important game because as I say Charlton weren't anything special .

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 02, 2021, 02:45:35 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm quite looking forward to the next squad rebuild because the majority of the players don't look bothered at the moment. Either that or they just don't know what to do - whichever it is, it's not much good for us.

It's not working for Buts seemingly. Perhaps a coaching role next season under a more experienced manager. We need to start thinking about what we want to do now, hope they don't want until May then do a recruitment process.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 02, 2021, 03:05:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
There wasn't much in the game in my opinion , Charlton were well organised and had some savvy players who know how to manage a game .

That said they weren't anything remarkable either .

What was lacking from Rovers point of view was the tempo was far too slow , you needed to move the ball quickly and move those Charlton defenders around and much of your play became predictable .

I expected with such a young group more energy and tempo which is kinda the point with young players .

Disappointing display in such an important game because as I say Charlton weren't anything special .

We're not that young. We only had 2 outfield players under 25 start today and they were both in central midfield.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 02, 2021, 03:11:00 pm by BigH »
We're missing a midfield aren't we. Just shows how reliant we were on Whiteman as playmaker and linkman.

The back four bring the ball forward, no one shows for it and it ends up being hit long into speculative areas. Easy defending for Charlton. We were a bit like a National League side up against L1 opposition in a cup tie. All honest endeavour and no end product.

That, outside the first 20 mins or so, we didn't put their goal under any real pressure was hugely disappointing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 02, 2021, 07:49:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The biggest thing we're lacking is confidence and belief.

It's not a new phenomenon but those who lash out on this forum would make you think it was. We've been here many times before, under many managers when we couldn't buy a win.

Most people can understand what it's like paying in a team when confidence is wafer thin and doing basic things becomes more difficult sometimes not doing right for wrong. Even Copps, James and Anderson were not immune today.

I don't particularly blame Butler or particularly want to slag the players off because it's a collective thing.

Despite all that, I'm pretty sure had we had been able to equalise, we probably would have been all over them.

Some of our more esteemed managers of the past have endured extremely poor runs when confidence has drained away so Butlers in good company.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 02, 2021, 09:55:25 pm by Lesonthewest »
A very easy game to throw the towel in early doors, the saga that is the leaky defence will not be allowed to get it right on the night,
Charlton just need to attack our right flank and play for as many free kicks and corners as they can.....close down the tippy tippy straight away and they will be practically be in the driving seat.....

I see a humble 4-0 drubbing with heads down by 15 mins on the clock,
I see Lokilo looking effective but not being effective
I see Halliday linking down the right wing to no avail and being targeted constantly .....
I see a timid midfield performing wannabe creative footballer cameos
I see a lone striker wondering why his support act hasn’t turned up again
I see a team with a lot of worry and no belief

I see a hot tub and a few wetties callingmy name.......
Crikey we may as well not turn up then.   
So we have gone from being automatic promotion contenders to a bunch of no hopers.
That is not the way i see it. We still have the same players.
We have have lost our best midfielder, lost our Manager and had a crippling injury list over the last 10/11 weeks. If that hadn’t affected results it would have been quite remarkable.
Yes results have been even worse than we would have hoped for agreed, but it will just take one good result to reignite the the spark that’s needed to get the team’s confidence levels back to where they were earlier in the season.
It’s very fine lines in football and confidence and self belief is all that is missing.
Ability is permanent not temporary and this team is full of players with loads of ability.

It’s up to Butts now to show his management credentials by reigniting the spark.
Can he do it? Let’s at least give him our 100% support on this forum which he deserves.

I think you are over estimating our earlier form and aspirations, we have not shown ourselves to be a truly dominant force for such a long time,

A neutral watching our last dozen or more performances would be scratching their head as to how we have been in the play offs for all this time....we have been pretty poor against most if not all of the teams below us........and that is NOT how you get out of this division

I see us winning probably 2 of our remaining fixtures, drawing a couple and losing the rest...I don’t want this to happen, but by the same token I don’t want us to get any points unless we’ve earned em........I don’t subscribe to the idea of “ a wins a win” no matter how it’s achieved, if it’s not earned it’s not worth having....this is only my opinion

Hallelujah, realism trumps optimism. Try not to be too realistic though it will go down of being negative. Hopefully we can get a win, will be supporting  & rooting for us as normal on matchday.
My apologies for being optimistic. Sorry it offends you so much.

You don't offend me so no need to apologise. You crack on with your optimism.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012