Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:20:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let,s talk about the MK Dons game  (Read 6170 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let,s talk about the MK Dons game
« on September 29, 2021, 08:17:16 am by selby »
  Where to start with this one after last night's game? that was a real dose of realism for everyone, I tend to be one of the happy clappers so called, but that was a very hard watch for anyone who supports this club. Last season really was the pits for me, the Covid situation the fact that I saw players with ability throw the towel in, not being able to actually go to games, and a manager who just did an exit stage left at the critical point of the season, how much worse could it get?
  The one positive last night was in my mind we never stopped trying, the worrying thing was that even with the effort we were brushed aside, were no way good enough individually or as a team, and had no shape or tactics of note to even do a damage limitation job during the game, it was men against boys on the night and a fear that we have more to come.
  I am more realistic actually than people give me credit for, even the best of sides have about four games a season when they play awful compared with the standards they set over a season, have results that are a complete surprise to everyone with no explanation for the reason why, I am hoping the Rotherham and Ipswich games are two of them and not the norm, we should be better than that no matter what, but the fact that we didn't to my mind stop trying to close players down and didn't lack energy is even more worrying, we just were not good enough.
  Another display like that on Saturday v MK Dons would really set the alarm bells ringing, basically there is very little we can do about  changes in personnel having no u23s back up, doing away with that being in my mind the single worst decision this club has made over the last few years, stopping any development of our own younger players at a time when the u18s and the u16s of that year won their academy leagues at national level and the players concerned immediately hit the buffers and were let go, for us to replace them with other teams cast offs.
  Would you pick the same team?surprisingly to a lot of people I suppose I would
  Are you going to the game?
  Do you see any light at all at the end of the tunnel?
  We look to be in the doo doo can we get out of it?
  Lots to discuss about this game, and about where and how the club can put things right, please have your say

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Let,s talk about the MK Dons game
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2021, 08:27:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
Unfortunately going to the game. Expect a 3/4-0 loss. :(

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2021, 08:48:10 am by selby »
  DO, I am hoping you are wrong as most supporters will do, but unfortunately you could well be right, lifting the moral, and organising the team is going to be a very big job for the management team, and will be watched by many, especially on here who are already judging Richie's ability to lift and organise his players into a cohesive unit, one thing that we were not last night.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2021, 08:56:30 am by Campsall rover »
  DO, I am hoping you are wrong as most supporters will do, but unfortunately you could well be right, lifting the moral, and organising the team is going to be a very big job for the management team, and will be watched by many, especially on here who are already judging Richie's ability to lift and organise his players into a cohesive unit, one thing that we were not last night.
Brian we were outnumbered in midfield last night. Gardener is not good enough, Smith too lightweight and Ben Close out of position as a holding midfielder.
We were out run and out fought.
Galbraith missing was massive. Not making excuses but without our best team we are short, and it showed.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2021, 09:03:22 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
MK Dons have not failed to score in a league game this season. Amongst their tally are 3 at Bolton, 4 at Gillingham and another 3 last night at home to Fleetwood. Along with a number of 2's.

They lie in 3rd place, 3 points off top spot and have only lost to Sunderland. Who are top.

I cannot see any reason to suggest that we won't be comprehensively beaten on Saturday.

Sadly, i expect defeat however, i expect also to see a vastly improved performance in terms of aggression, energy and fight. I also want to see us trouble their goalkeeper on multiple occasions.

If not, then Richie no longer has my support.

If we can put in a real performance to be proud of but fail to win then i can accept that. That will show a proper response to last nights debacle and also prove that if we can play that way against the poorer sides in the division then we can pick up wins.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2021, 09:05:18 am by selby »
 CDH, spot on

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 29, 2021, 09:09:46 am by Pancho Regan »
The best footballer on the club's books now has responsibility for helping the squad develop a strong and positive mentality.

He'll be busy today.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 29, 2021, 09:30:38 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The best footballer on the club's books now has responsibility for helping the squad develop a strong and positive mentality.

He'll be busy today.

Is James Coppinger getting more involved then, Pancho?.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 29, 2021, 10:53:06 am by sha66y »
Like many I don’t see a win at all, and a point at this moment looks like the best we can aim for,
however that would take a lot of energy and physicality to achieve, so I’m going to stick with my original train of thought……

0-4

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 29, 2021, 11:25:46 am by The Beast »
Brian we were outnumbered in midfield last night. Gardener is not good enough, Smith too lightweight and Ben Close out of position as a holding midfielder.
We were out run and out fought.
Galbraith missing was massive. Not making excuses but without our best team we are short, and it showed.
I don’t like to criticise individuals but Gardner just doesn’t look like a footballer to me, I can’t believe he’s had the career he’s had, don’t know if his confidence is shot or his legs have gone early. Smith must have something in his locker to be a pro at Arsenal but he’s hiding it well!  Is Galbraith likely to feature Saturday?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 29, 2021, 11:41:16 am by colincramb »
Put it this way, if they score first we won’t win. What evidence is there to suggest we will score either at least 2 to win, or prevent them from scoring another couple?

It would take a massive shift in mentality and momentum to get anything from this game. 1-3 would be my prediction

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 29, 2021, 11:58:26 am by steve@dcfd »
I said on another thread stop playing 433 midfield is to open and we haven’t got the players. Start Saturday 4231 we could play 352 but we haven’t got a balanced 3 centre halves no naturally left footed. Let’s hope Galbraith is available and Bostock just to sit in front of the back four.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 29, 2021, 12:20:09 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
As previously mentioned, they are free-scoring and sit third in the league, high on confidence.

Just listened to Wellens' interview from Radio Sheffield last night; I have no doubt he is a fighter as he was a tenacious CM. I do understand how he's trying to play and what he's trying to implement, but is he good enough a manager to get it across to the players?

He said in the interview, this is his worst spell as a manager; time to earn your money.

Also, the players are knackered and there is probably 5 or 6 players in the squad currently deserving of a Starting XI place.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 29, 2021, 04:01:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
For the love of God Richie

DO NOT START THIS GAME WITH CUKUR!!

I've seen more mobile Walruses than this guy and more aggression in Christopher Biggins.

He has no footballing ability. He runs like he's nearing the finishing line at the London Marathon, and that's from kick off.

He wins about 1 challenge with a defender for every 10. He cannot head the ball and he's as robust as an 90 year old in an old people's home.

The reason why you are crap and struggling Richie is that you keep playing players who are also crap and struggling but for some reason you fail to realise it.

May as well start with 10 men if Cukur starts on Saturday.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 29, 2021, 05:25:57 pm by Donnywolf »
Good grief ....is it worth going ?

One positive is people have picked my PvO for me but no one will catch Idler and Selby looking to finish with under 10 points.   :( :(

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 29, 2021, 09:35:10 pm by selby »
 We are hoping for a late rally and a winning run in Wolfie, I cannot bring myself to put LOSE. where the Rovers are concerned.
  Will we bounce back at the weekend and give me a point for my win prediction or will Richie come under even more pressure with another poor display and result? Its a good question.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 29, 2021, 10:03:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Max Waters is at MK not sure he starts often but had scored a few and it’s the type of game where he’d be nailed on to score against us. They pass the ball well so we’ll need to have some organisation and get behind the ball and hope we can hit them on the counter attack.

I’d play Horton left back and go 5 in midfield with Rowe one of the central 3. Hiwula & seaman out wide and Dodoo up top. Don’t think Cukur should get near the 11. Oluwu should start also in place of Williams

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 29, 2021, 10:06:42 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I just want us to show some bottle on Saturday. If not I sit quite close to the tunnel with a fairly loud voice and will be dishing out some bas**rd for any half arsed performances.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 29, 2021, 10:16:03 pm by jamesrover17 »
Anyone think Bogle could come back into contention? Needs something different up top and not Cukur… I don’t think Dodoo is a number 9 and until Fej is back, Bogle is the next best thing IMO… Or has too much water gone under the bridge

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 29, 2021, 10:53:10 pm by since-1969 »
Anyone think Bogle could come back into contention? Needs something different up top and not Cukur… I don’t think Dodoo is a number 9 and until Fej is back, Bogle is the next best thing IMO… Or has too much water gone under the bridge
There’s more chance of Bogle being player manager !!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 29, 2021, 10:59:42 pm by normal rules »

To now play bogle now would make last nights capitulation look tame.
RW would lose a lot of face with players and some supporters if he played him now. The simple question would be asked, if now , then why not then?

No, I believe RW has made his bed on this one. Bogle will be gone though at the earliest available opportunity.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 30, 2021, 07:58:38 am by Bailey Vickerage »
This game is massive in terms of us seeing how the players will respond to Tuesday night, hopefully Wellens hasn’t had to say too much about the performance because the experienced players should be doing everything they can to help the younger ones out and get a good performance and result on Saturday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 30, 2021, 08:14:43 am by Campsall rover »
The trouble is Fej is not a natural no 9 either.  He is not good at holding the ball up with back to goal.
That is not his natural game as we saw last season.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 30, 2021, 09:09:49 am by Spud »

One positive is people have picked my PvO for me but no one will catch Idler and Selby looking to finish with under 10 points.   :( :(

See you Saturday Wolfie :-)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 30, 2021, 09:53:38 am by DearneValleyRover »
Play 4-5-1 for me, swamp midfield to try and stop them playing.
I’m just hoping Galbraith and Bostock are fit to play, if so then
Dahlberg
Knoyle Owolu Anderson Horton
Seaman Close Bostock Galbraith Rowe
Dodoo

Rowe has to play further forward he’s our only goal threat

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 30, 2021, 10:06:15 am by Donnywolf »

See you Saturday Wolfie :-)

I'll watch for your phone and save you the run back   :evil: :scarf:

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 30, 2021, 10:54:43 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Lineup id go with is:

Dahlberg

Knoyle Olowu Anderson Rowe

Galbraith Bostock (smith if not fit)

Seaman Close Hiwula

Dodoo

Williams hasn’t impressed so far imo and from what I’ve seen of Olowu so far he looks like a really good addition. Defo missed Galbraith in midfield on Tuesday and I think adding Bostock in there we may be able to keep hold of the ball better. Can’t see anything other than a defeat but hopefully im wrong.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 30, 2021, 10:57:29 am by steve@dcfd »
However Richie sets up the side it’s Twine we need to mark. He’s the leading goal scorer and assist maker. He either plays just behind a single striker or two strikers. They play 3 at the back and either 5 or 4 in midfield with Twine infront of them then one or two strikers.
We must set up with us hard to beat. Dependant which midfield players are fit.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 30, 2021, 11:02:16 am by DonnyOsmond »
I said on another thread stop playing 433 midfield is to open and we haven’t got the players. Start Saturday 4231 we could play 352 but we haven’t got a balanced 3 centre halves no naturally left footed. Let’s hope Galbraith is available and Bostock just to sit in front of the back four.

We played 3-5-2 for most of the second half.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 30, 2021, 11:04:09 am by since-1969 »
8-1-1

TinyPortal © 2005-2012