Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:20:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let,s talk about the MK Dons game  (Read 6169 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Let,s talk about the MK Dons game
« Reply #30 on September 30, 2021, 11:06:46 am by mrfrostsdad »
The only thing I can think about Saturday's game is, can I be really arsed to go?
The fact I'm a season ticket holder, the thought of driving from Scarborough to Donny and back in 50mph winds and pissing rain is hardly worth contemplating.
No doubt we'll win then!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 30, 2021, 11:15:28 am by Donnywolf »
Given the way we are performing , thats a tough "ask" - even though you have paid already

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 30, 2021, 11:31:22 am by ForsolongaRover »
Do you really think that they never stopped trying at Ipswich Selby?

I though that they were OK until the first goal, possibly it was not until after the second that they lost confidence, but it is was my impression that the effort diminished progressively as the score mounted up.

I though that it was implicit in Wellens reaction at the end that the response of the whole team had been unacceptable.

I felt that, and I have not detected in any of the comments on here that anyone really thought we had put up a proper fight.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 30, 2021, 11:55:29 am by selby »
  We were not good enough, a lot different to not trying, last season lots of players we had had more ability, they stopped trying, on Tuesday we chased the ball but were two yards off the pace of better players for the first time this season playing well as a team and were going to revel in the fact they were different class and dispel the doubts of their own teams supporters in themselves and the manager which was building before the game.
  It was going to happen to someone and fate decided us, we will be unlucky to drop on many sides in this division who will hit the level of their performance last Tuesday in pure football terms.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 30, 2021, 12:15:40 pm by wing commander »
  Putting aside our different  opinions of the board and manager all those wavering about going Saturday i hope they go.

The way i see it the next 8-10 games will define our season.We are playing teams in the bottom half. It's imperative that us fans put our big boy pants on and get down the moat and try and lift that side and manager who are bereft of confidence and try and turn this around. It's all giggles when things are going well but i'm hoping that we as fans really get behind them this Saturday.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 30, 2021, 12:22:24 pm by andy didcott »
Yep, I’ll be there cheering them on, can only go up the table, for now anyway.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 30, 2021, 01:18:39 pm by ForsolongaRover »
If they really are trying Selby, yet are not good enough, there seems little hope!

I think I’d prefer to believe that they would be better if they exerted themselves more.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 30, 2021, 01:28:35 pm by Spud »
However Richie sets up the side it’s Twine we need to mark. He’s the leading goal scorer and assist maker. He either plays just behind a single striker or two strikers. They play 3 at the back and either 5 or 4 in midfield with Twine infront of them then one or two strikers.
We must set up with us hard to beat. Dependant which midfield players are fit.

Just need that DM enforcer then, oh....

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 30, 2021, 02:18:27 pm by steve@dcfd »
However Richie sets up the side it’s Twine we need to mark. He’s the leading goal scorer and assist maker. He either plays just behind a single striker or two strikers. They play 3 at the back and either 5 or 4 in midfield with Twine infront of them then one or two strikers.
We must set up with us hard to beat. Dependant which midfield players are fit.

Just need that DM enforcer then, oh....
Yes we do but the player we need is either not available or not available for the money we can afford otherwise we would have got him.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 30, 2021, 03:01:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
Just read on Twitter from Paul Goodwin that Anderson is doubtful this weekend and Olowu is ruled out because of concussion from Ipswich game. Galbraith and Bostock have recovered from illness and are available.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 30, 2021, 03:50:03 pm by rich1471 »
Unfortunately going to the game. Expect a 3/4-0 loss. :(
if we lose by that score i think wellens will go

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 30, 2021, 03:51:09 pm by roversdude »
I think we’ve all got concussion after Tuesday. Don’t remember Olowu having any head injury through the game !!

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 30, 2021, 04:29:40 pm by RugbyRover »
I think we’ve all got concussion after Tuesday. Don’t remember Olowu having any head injury through the game !!

maybe it was after the game, during the debrief  :whistle:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 30, 2021, 04:29:53 pm by steve@dcfd »

According to Richie Anderson and Olowu both had head blows 62 mins for Tom and Olowu soon after. It’s touch and go with Tom but Olowu failed all the protocol head concussion tests. The team have been class and worked together this week. Richie says him and the team will work hard to get things right. He’s looking in 15 game blocks at what points the team needs. He’s says Taylor and John will definitely be back after the international break.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 01, 2021, 08:00:24 pm by selby »
  Another big blow that if they are both out Steve, we could do with a bit of luck in the injury department at the moment we just seem to be staggering from injury to injury, it will be a hard enough game without the handicaps we seem to be carrying all the time.
  I am hoping that we can steady the ship and put on something like a decent show for the fans, myself included, and the injection of confidence a win would bring to the players and the management who could sorely do with it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 01, 2021, 08:08:55 pm by scawsby steve »
I've never seen young Ben Blythe play. Apparently he's very promising.

This could be his big chance tomorrow. I'd love to see him have a blinder. Having said that, he's likely to be hampered having Williams at the side of him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 02, 2021, 01:40:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Big game today. We need to see a reaction.
Yes we need a win although a draw would be decent against a team scoring for fun at the moment.
The most important thing for me though is the performance and how we react to Tuesdays defeat at Ipswich.
Hopefully the performance will give us the required result but if it does not, then we have games coming up which we can but will have to win.

On my way now. Come on the Rovers  :that:  :rtid:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 02, 2021, 01:51:33 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I have a feeling Williams will play really well today, he has something to prove, as do the rest of the squad.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 02, 2021, 02:04:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
Tom Anderson starts. Cukur dropped.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 02, 2021, 04:03:19 pm by normal rules »
Mk 71% possession in first half.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 02, 2021, 04:53:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Mk 71% possession in first half.

MK 33% of goals at full time.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 02, 2021, 04:55:32 pm by normal rules »
Huge huge huge win.I don’t care they had 75% possession. That’s a very very big 3 points.
Onwards and upwards.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 02, 2021, 04:57:40 pm by ian1980 »
Great start to October’s fixtures and something for us to build on

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 02, 2021, 04:58:25 pm by normal rules »
The 6 points from cut off is now down to just three. With a game in hand on shrews, Crewe and charlton.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 02, 2021, 05:05:22 pm by Jonathan »
For the love of God Richie

DO NOT START THIS GAME WITH CUKUR!!

I've seen more mobile Walruses than this guy and more aggression in Christopher Biggins.

He has no footballing ability. He runs like he's nearing the finishing line at the London Marathon, and that's from kick off.

He wins about 1 challenge with a defender for every 10. He cannot head the ball and he's as robust as an 90 year old in an old people's home.

The reason why you are crap and struggling Richie is that you keep playing players who are also crap and struggling but for some reason you fail to realise it.

May as well start with 10 men if Cukur starts on Saturday.

Is it okay to bring him off the bench though?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 02, 2021, 05:13:22 pm by normal rules »
It’s a real shame the Crewe game if off.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 02, 2021, 05:15:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bostock my MOTM but a few lads did well today.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 02, 2021, 05:22:00 pm by River Don »
This thread, particularly the first dozen remarks makes for very satisfying reading now.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 02, 2021, 05:22:47 pm by Frankie Rennie »
We’ll done today guys, pleased for you, that was a good win and one you needed the way other results went.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 02, 2021, 06:55:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Fantastic win for us today! Huge credit to everyone for showing the character to bounce back after Tuesday.

As for MK Dons. Yet another set of fans with zero original songs / chants. Impressively loud for a small number of dedicated fans but songs sooooooooo predictable. Why don't fans make up clever songs anymore? They are all generic dogshite. A bit like modern day chart music.  :cool:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012