Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:05:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Tranmere Rovers game  (Read 2319 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Tranmere Rovers game
« on January 16, 2023, 10:11:14 am by selby »
  After the disappointment of a blank weekend hopefully we get back to some action this weekend against Tranmere.
  A team that were treated shoddily in the Covid era like others falling foul of the way points for the full season were distributed to the advantage of some and like Tranmere the disadvantage of others.
  Led by an old character in Mickey Mellon, who by the way has a son also called Mickey who plays for Burnley u23s as a striker we could well gain from by taking a  look at him for a loan, one for the rumours section, they sit just below us in the table which like large sections of our supporters doesn't sit well with large sections of their supporters who are not exactly in love with their manager.
  In the game at Tranmere in fairness to him he came up with a perfect plan to beat us comprehensively and really make us look abject mugs.
  He employed the passive don't go and press them at all, stay in your own half between your own goal and the man with the ball, let Doncaster have the ball especially in their own half passing it side to side from you to me, and just go and score when they drop a B*****K and pass you the ball in a dangerous position, quite a tactical revolution and one they might try and replicate this weekend, why run around when you don't have to?
  As for ourselves one of our talismen has now moved on to pastures new at  Stockport and this is the time of the season when there just might be an addition or two in our own team, which remains to be seen, but we can live in hope.
  In fairness some of our displays have been better of late but not consistent enough to warrant a lot of excitement and a couple of additions would at least raise hope a little.
   So what's your hopes? mine is to start a little longer winning run, we need to to get really among the top sides.
    Hopefully at least a couple of new players will come in to raise moral, do you think they will?
    Its the time of the season when teams let players go out on loan, who would you want to go out on loan from our squad?
    What positions would you like to see strengthened before this game?
    Lots to realistically talk about this game with what we know about the teams as they exist, also because of the transfer window players could come and go before this game is played at both clubs, so even more to discuss, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Tranmere Rovers game
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2023, 10:39:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Our team needs to learn from last time we played them. We are improving but there are still weaknesses. Centre half is a position that needs strengthening. I think we need a solid right back in defence. We need a couple of strikers and a midfielder.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2023, 11:19:13 am by steve@dcfd »
With Kyle gone and Younger Olowu and Faulkner still recovering from their injuries we need a Rigt sided defender who can play right of a three or RWB.
We still need another midfield player better than what we’ve got which will not only improve the midfield but assist the defence. Not had this since Whiteman left.
Another striker who can play either on his own or as a two again better than any of the fringe strikers . Will see if Copps can do or is allowed to do his job in getting good players in.
By the end of January both games wise and transfer wise we will know which way our club is heading.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 11:24:07 am by steve@dcfd »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2023, 11:49:20 am by ncRover »
Echoing Steve, someone to play RCB is needed urgently this week.

Swindon are listening to offers for Angus MacDonald apparently. He might want to move back up this way? Wishful thinking.

I trust DS to have made good judgement on T. Miller and what he can bring so am excited to see him play.

I’d send Woltman back to be honest.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2023, 12:26:35 pm by roversdude »
They listened to you apparently nc (on Woltman at least)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2023, 04:28:44 pm by silent majority »
You guys worry too much!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2023, 04:38:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Echoing Steve, someone to play RCB is needed urgently this week.

Swindon are listening to offers for Angus MacDonald apparently. He might want to move back up this way? Wishful thinking.

I trust DS to have made good judgement on T. Miller and what he can bring so am excited to see him play.

I’d send Woltman back to be honest.
Woltman gone. Agree with that decision as he simply isn’t going to be the answer. Not good enough.

Anderson can play RCB so is Long not good enough to play LCB? If he isn’t then maybe we need to replace him especially if Olowu is going to be out for a while.
We have Younger & Faulkner to come back so they can be our cover for RCB. And RB/RCB.

Is Seaman the answer for RWB? Jury out on that one. I am not sure he is as good as Knoyle going forward. Defending not sure. Yes he has had a couple of decent games but can he keep improving.

Priority for me is another midfielder someone who can win a ball and has good mobility. The other priority is another striker. If George Miller gets injured we are in big trouble.
Is Agard good enough to play up top on his own. Imo not a chance. Griffiths is way off it at present and never seems to be fit.

We have got a replacement for Tomlin in our new loan T Miller. Let’s hope he is the real deal.
We are desperate for someone who can open up defences and contribute with some goals also.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 04:42:46 pm by Campsall rover »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2023, 04:47:24 pm by pib »
If we're looking for a like-for-like replacement to do the same job as Knoyle has been doing at RCB, the answer most certainly isn't putting Anderson there and Long on the other side. Could hardly be more different players if they tried.

Let's hope we start seeing the benefits of this new structure and their approach to recruitment, and come out of the window with a few good, talented permanent additions with potential to improve in the future.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2023, 04:56:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
We have wait and see what happens our concerns are not justified we will get the players we need and at the right level better than what we have had recently. It looks like SM knows.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2023, 05:25:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
I wouldn’t say Woltman is not good enough. He’s a young lad with plenty of talent. It just wasn’t working out between him and us at this moment of time. I would suspect he ends up playing most of his career higher than the fourth tier.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2023, 10:47:00 am by Campsall rover »
I wouldn’t say Woltman is not good enough. He’s a young lad with plenty of talent. It just wasn’t working out between him and us at this moment of time. I would suspect he ends up playing most of his career higher than the fourth tier.
So should we have kept him?  He quite obviously isn’t good enough at the moment for us. That’s what I meant.
Who knows how he will get on in up the future. Only time will tell on that one.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2023, 10:50:16 am by Canadian Rover »
You guys worry too much!

Enlighten the group please.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2023, 10:53:59 am by roversdude »
Woltman has ability but didn’t seem to impose himself in a game - not sure he will ever have a future at Liverpool but wish him well - agree with ending this loan

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2023, 11:09:26 am by Spilsby Red »
I know it’s early in the week, but, as I live away, I have tickets for Saturdays game. What are the chances this game will be on, with the freezing weather for the next few days.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2023, 02:49:41 pm by selby »
 Latest forecast 5/4 degrees Saturday at KO.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2023, 03:16:51 pm by Spilsby Red »
Thanks Selby

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 18, 2023, 09:56:15 am by ncRover »
Forecast looks similar to when the Harrogate game got called off

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2023, 10:31:25 am by i_ateallthepies »
Five consecutive nights of frost with only partial thawing happening in the NE half of the pitch.  The SW corner receives no sunlight and is likely to remain frozen.  My bet is match called off.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 18, 2023, 12:48:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Five consecutive nights of frost with only partial thawing happening in the NE half of the pitch.  The SW corner receives no sunlight and is likely to remain frozen.  My bet is match called off.
The covers on the pitch from what i have heard in the past, protect the playing surface up to -3 degrees.

Don’t know if this is correct but if it is then maybe in the balance as to the game being on.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 18, 2023, 01:54:57 pm by roversdude »
We seem to play worse after an extended break, we’ve already missed last weekend so really hoping this is on

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 18, 2023, 03:36:33 pm by roversdude »
Olowu possibly available this weekend

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 18, 2023, 04:37:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Olowu possibly available this weekend

Good news although I don't think we need to rush him back.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 20, 2023, 11:48:30 am by selby »
  Let's hope the game goes ahead although it looks to be in the laps of the gods at the moment.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 20, 2023, 11:59:09 am by DearneValleyRover »
Mitchell
RSW Anderson Olowu/Nelson
Brown Biggins Close Maxwell
Miller
Molyneux Miller Rowe

I’m expecting the lineup if it goes ahead to be along those lines, Olowu if he’s trained all week, Brown and Maxwell as wing backs, the new Miller I’m led to believe is rapid (100m in under 10 seconds) but is seen as a no 10, Rowe on the left again if he’s trained all week

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 20, 2023, 12:36:15 pm by selby »
If and its a big if Olowu and Anderson are match fit they should start with Williams.
  They are our best defenders and Williams has upped his game considerably to MOM status the last few games, and they are our most experienced central defenders, the combination we have been trying to get on the field for over a year.
  Again I stress if fit there is no need to muddy the waters, I have no doubt in my mind that if all three had been fit and stayed fit all season they would have started most games and we would probably be in a better position in the league standings.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 20, 2023, 12:48:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
If my maths are correct, DVR, you’ve got 11 outfield players + Mitchell?

Be good if we get away with that

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 20, 2023, 12:59:19 pm by DearneValleyRover »
If my maths are correct, DVR, you’ve got 11 outfield players + Mitchell?

Be good if we get away with that

You are correct Alan, take Rowe out although it would be good if we got away with it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012