Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:53:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Salford City game  (Read 8204 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Salford City game
« Reply #90 on March 18, 2023, 09:18:33 pm by pib »
We were absolutely garbage today. First half slightly less garbage than the 2nd, but on the whole all of it was utter dross.

Forget about attractive football and having an identity, we are a team that can’t even do the basics. Running, winning first and second balls, defending properly, passing the ball accurately. We are absolutely rancid.

We might as well rip it up and start planning for next season now with players that are likely to be here. I dread to think what next season will look like with our recruitment record though. And we had people saying we’d had a good January window. James Brown better than Knoyle?! Don’t make me laugh.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on March 18, 2023, 09:24:28 pm by drfchound »
The sad thing is,. We gave them two soft goals, miller missed two one on ones at the end,. On another day, we take home an undeserved 3pts..
Possibly yes you’re right.
But even more sad is our ability to make a team like Salford who had one quality player in Galbraith in their team look almost decent. Salford are an average team at best. For them to be 7th in the League shows how poor this league is and how much we have underachieved this season.
We made it so easy for them today, not just in the fact of gifting them the 1st 2 goals but in our total no show apart from Miller’s misses in that 2nd half.
It’s sad that we have a manager who is unable to motivate, sad that we have no leadership on the pitch and even sadder that the players didn’t have enough pride in their own performances to allow that shambles of a display to become almost a regular occurrence.

Camps, do you still think this group of players is good enough for a top seven finish.
I’m not trying to be funny or pick a fight but for some months now I haven’t had any enthusiasm or belief in them.
As for the style of play………..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on March 18, 2023, 09:55:23 pm by Campsall rover »
The sad thing is,. We gave them two soft goals, miller missed two one on ones at the end,. On another day, we take home an undeserved 3pts..
But even more sad is our ability to make a team like Salford who had one quality player in Galbraith in their team look almost decent. Salford are an average team at best. For them to be 7th in the League shows how poor this league is and how much we have underachieved this season.
We made it so easy for them today, not just in the fact of gifting them the 1st 2 goals but in our total no show apart from Miller’s misses in that 2nd half.
It’s sad that we have a manager who is unable to motivate, sad that we have no leadership on the pitch and even sadder that the players didn’t have enough pride in their own performances to allow that shambles of a display to become almost a regular occurrence.

Camps, do you still think this group of players is good enough for a top seven finish.
I’m not trying to be funny or pick a fight but for some months now I haven’t had any enthusiasm or belief in them.
It isn’t now. Today was the last realistic chance.  On that showing we are barely good enough to be out if the bottom 2 in the league.

But as a group of players with a fit Anderson in the team then they would be a top 7 team with a manager who had some ability to set the team up to attack with numbers. Play a system to suit what we have got.
He consistently plays Miller as a lone central striker and it clearly doesn’t work. We know it everyone in the world knows it but DS doesn’t.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on March 18, 2023, 10:05:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
  We really do need to get rid of the pit pat soft underbelly players and system we are trying to instil in really not that good a players, and change the game plan to uncompromising winning football, and encourage our forward players to attack defenders on the run with the ball, and get defenders who are defenders first and physical.
  It's time to stop dreaming of making a silk purse out of a pigs bladder.

Exactly, Brian. We need a John Coleman or a Paul Warne type of manager, and a team of big, strong, athletic players playing direct football.

This is not La Liga, it's League 2 FFS.

Someone let Leyton Orient know.

Well, the last time I saw Leyton Orient play, they didn't exactly look like f*cking Real Madrid.

However, the last 3 times I saw us play Rotherham, I saw a team of giants utterly and totally humiliate us. A club from a p*sspot little town that's got nothing going for it.

But, hey ho, if you're happy with nice guy Danny and his tippy tappy football, then dip your bread.

Just going to ignore your ridiculous comment at the end.

Leyton Orient play football, they aren't direct. Stop judging football based on one off games, Rotherham beat us but so did a lot of teams. The teams with the best players, playing in a way system that suits them do the best, hence with Rotherham and Leyton Orient.

We don't need to bring back Saundersball to do well in League One and Two.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on March 18, 2023, 10:10:54 pm by drfchound »

It isn’t now. Today was the last realistic chance.  On that showing we are barely good enough to be out if the bottom 2 in the league.

But as a group of players with a fit Anderson in the team then they would be a top 7 team with a manager who had some ability to set the team up to attack with numbers. Play a system to suit what we have got.
He consistently plays Miller as a lone central striker and it clearly doesn’t work. We know it everyone in the world knows it but DS doesn’t.

I can’t agree with you mate.
We don’t have any physicality in the team, not enough obvious leaders who take a game by the neck and match the opposition.
We also lack height, when the teams come onto the pitch our players always look smaller than whoever we are playing and that makes us vulnerable defending corners and free kicks and have a lack of threat in the opposition box.
I do agree though about Schofields tactics.
I have refrained from commenting about him on here but he has worn me down and I have to say I have no confidence in him or his methods.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on March 18, 2023, 10:18:31 pm by 5minstogo »
I don't know what stats they've been looking at but Brown is getting progressively worse for us. Awful in the last few games.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 11:07:23 pm by 5minstogo »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on March 18, 2023, 11:01:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Miller and the 1 on 1s.

The first was another classic "I can't use my left foot, so I'm going to try to do something really hard by going with my rig...oops! Another chance gone!" moment.

It was crying out for him to open his body and slip the ball into the left side of the goal.

Nope.

Let's try and round the keeper on the closed, right side.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on March 18, 2023, 11:34:52 pm by ForsolongaRover »
When will one of his interviewers say to Schofield “It’s not working, so what are you going to do about it?” Instead they invite him politely to comment on the performance and he comes out with his usual tiresome generalities. And they let him get away with it.

Why don’t they mention the fact that supporters are utterly disheartened by the woeful performances and that we are going backwards to where we were 25 years ago?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on March 19, 2023, 12:25:52 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Miller and the 1 on 1s.

The first was another classic "I can't use my left foot, so I'm going to try to do something really hard by going with my rig...oops! Another chance gone!" moment.

It was crying out for him to open his body and slip the ball into the left side of the goal.

Nope.

Let's try and round the keeper on the closed, right side.

In fairness, Miller's goal showed him at his best. He is very good at finding a yard of space in the box and had an excellent right foot. If he had a left foot he could rely on, he WOULD be a 20 goal striker.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on March 19, 2023, 07:21:29 am by Chris Black come back »
I don't know what stats they've been looking at but Brown is getting progressively worse for us. Awful in the last few games.

He’s only one case but you do get the sense that the longer players are with us, the worse they get. Obviously talented players like Hurst, Close and Rowe have arguably got worse as the season has progressed. Nobody seems to have been materially improved by being in and around this team.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on March 19, 2023, 08:07:02 am by ncRover »
Attractive football is built on the basics that pib mentioned.

We are trying to build a house on sand.

We can get out of league 2 playing any type of football as long as players suit that. But first of all, they need to not be bottleless gits.

I hope Coppinger reads this forum. Is he so singleminded on the old “Arsenal of the north” mantra that he is forgetting footballing basics required from players?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on March 19, 2023, 08:14:20 am by Lesonthewest »
When will one of his interviewers say to Schofield “It’s not working, so what are you going to do about it?” Instead they invite him politely to comment on the performance and he comes out with his usual tiresome generalities. And they let him get away with it.

Why don’t they mention the fact that supporters are utterly disheartened by the woeful performances and that we are going backwards to where we were 25 years ago?

Totally agree, really winds me up, he's getting an easy ride everytme. Ask him questions like, do you think the team are moving forward, why is our passing so poor, why are we so slow, do you think these performances are acceptable, why don't we have many shots on target etc etc etc.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on March 19, 2023, 08:21:16 am by ncRover »

Totally agree, really winds me up, he's getting an easy ride everytme. Ask him questions like, do you think the team are moving forward, why is our passing so poor, why are we so slow, do you think these performances are acceptable, why don't we have many shots on target etc etc etc.

Everybody at the club gets an easy ride, that’s why we are where we are.

Watching one of the “red and white shows” they do on YouTube shows that. Half an hour of burying heads in the sand.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:38:20 am by ncRover »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on March 19, 2023, 09:10:13 am by ravenrover »
I think it's clear that Schofield has a system and he's not going to shift from this. The question is whether he can get better players to make that system work better or indeed work at all. I don't think we are going to get exciting and flowing football from him, but with better players it might be enough to get us out of here next season. We can hope at least.
we have no money to get better players thou
What's your source for that?
Come on still waiting

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on March 19, 2023, 10:20:24 am by i_ateallthepies »

He’s only one case but you do get the sense that the longer players are with us, the worse they get. Obviously talented players like Hurst, Close and Rowe have arguably got worse as the season has progressed. Nobody seems to have been materially improved by being in and around this team.

This in spades.  And DS is supposed to be a great Coach.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012