Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:32:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Harrogate Town game  (Read 5182 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Harrogate Town game
« Reply #30 on April 15, 2023, 04:11:21 pm by Fal »
The collapse has begun, another 10 mins it’ll be 2-2 and then we will lose 3-2 at the end

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 15, 2023, 04:19:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
It's now 2-2.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 15, 2023, 04:20:59 pm by In the box »
It’s panic time again 2-2

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 15, 2023, 04:24:22 pm by mushRTID »
Mate has sent me some audio recordings, Schofield is getting dogs abuse behind that dugout.

This can’t go on really.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 15, 2023, 04:32:41 pm by In the box »
When does Schofield begin to doubt his contribution after so many points dropped ?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 15, 2023, 04:54:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Still waiting for them to make the announcement of a new manager next season. Then I'll renew my ST

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 15, 2023, 04:57:57 pm by ravenrover »
Well at least now the worst we can finish mathematically is 3rd bottom, safe for another season

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 15, 2023, 04:59:03 pm by Upton Rover »
Complete joke it gets no better, 2-0 up and I bet no DRFC fan was confident of a win at 90mins

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 15, 2023, 05:10:25 pm by mushRTID »
Got a feeling he might be gone tonight.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 15, 2023, 05:18:50 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I admire your faith mush.

The Head Coach must always provide half-time advice on how he thinks performance can be improved. Based on the style and content of his pre and post match comments it is not difficult to believe that this is the factor that dooms the team to do worse after the  break.

Perhaps we should sign a Petition imploring the club to keep him away from the players during the break.   

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 15, 2023, 05:20:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
It wasn’t actually given various circumstances a terrible result. It’s a scratch side and Harrogate are not on a bad run, losing 2 in last 10 only. It was disappointing but he’s presided over far worse results and performances with far better squad.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 15, 2023, 05:28:03 pm by scawsby steve »
It wasn’t actually given various circumstances a terrible result. It’s a scratch side and Harrogate are not on a bad run, losing 2 in last 10 only. It was disappointing but he’s presided over far worse results and performances with far better squad.

Low bar, CBCB. Very, very low bar.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 15, 2023, 05:29:21 pm by Pside »
Although I don’t want him here anymore I actually feel for him after some of those chants today. I can’t be nice hearing that so close . I think the club should just put him out of his misery

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 15, 2023, 05:34:48 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Although I don’t want him here anymore I actually feel for him after some of those chants today. I can’t be nice hearing that so close . I think the club should just put him out of his misery
This is key for me, I don’t rate him and want him gone, but I felt sorry for him today - it was awful, he was abused from start to finish - from a couple of metres away. Copps and the Board need to do the fair thing for everyone and put him out of his misery.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 15, 2023, 05:36:34 pm by Alan Southstand »
Mathematically safe now, so absolutely no reasons left to keep him hanging around.

Why is he still here?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 15, 2023, 05:42:44 pm by normal rules »
For those that got into town before and perhaps during the game, I’d like a report on the craft ale consumed please, to include brewer and Abv and and tasting notes if available. Ty

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 15, 2023, 05:45:23 pm by dickos1 »

If you predicted we’d finish 14th, and we’re sat in 14th with 4 games to go which is the lowest we’ve been all season. Why are you so unhappy?
We’re just doing what you predicted

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 15, 2023, 05:52:56 pm by ncRover »
If this season was 6 or 7 games longer we’d be down.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 15, 2023, 05:57:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The breaking point for me was when Schofield didn't come off his line to get that through ball and immediately afterwards, when Schofield at centre back slipped while trying to shield the ball, leading to their first.

I remember thinking, with mistakes like that, Schofield has to go.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 15, 2023, 05:58:37 pm by scawsby steve »

If you predicted we’d finish 14th, and we’re sat in 14th with 4 games to go which is the lowest we’ve been all season. Why are you so unhappy?
We’re just doing what you predicted

Because my predictions are based on how utterly sh*te we are, and because I'm a realist.

Do you actually think I wouldn't be unhappy at being 14th in the bottom tier of the EFL, despite having millionaire owners and a regular source of revenue?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 15, 2023, 06:07:44 pm by scawsby steve »
The breaking point for me was when Schofield didn't come off his line to get that through ball and immediately afterwards, when Schofield at centre back slipped while trying to shield the ball, leading to their first.

Strange logic that, BST, because I can't remember SOD, Dean Saunders, and Brian Flynn playing in any of our games.

It works both ways. Managers take the plaudits when a team's doing well, and take the flak when a team's doing crap.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 15, 2023, 06:11:42 pm by dickos1 »

Strange logic that, BST, because I can't remember SOD, Dean Saunders, and Brian Flynn playing in any of our games.

It works both ways. Managers take the plaudits when a team's doing well, and take the flak when a team's doing crap.

Yep, but I think Billy’s point is warranted, not everything is down to the manager.
Not sure what else he could’ve done today.
We were good today in spells with a drastically depleted starting 11
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 06:18:21 pm by dickos1 »

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 15, 2023, 06:17:10 pm by grayx »
Got a feeling he might be gone tonight.
Ive had that feeling for past month or so. Hope you’re right.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 15, 2023, 06:19:43 pm by ncRover »
If only there was a common denominator for the players chronically underperforming, making mistakes and throwing games away for the last 6 months Billy and Dickos.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 15, 2023, 06:25:06 pm by mushRTID »
Doesn’t Terry live in Harrogate?

You would expect this was a big occasion for him and he would have been there. To be there and witness the abuse DS has taken today must have led to some serious conversations this evening.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 15, 2023, 06:25:50 pm by dickos1 »
If only there was a common denominator for the players chronically underperforming, making mistakes and throwing games away for the last 6 months Billy and Dickos.

Not disputing that, but specifically talking about todays game I’m not sure what he could’ve done differently?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 15, 2023, 06:26:47 pm by dickos1 »
Doesn’t Terry live in Harrogate?

You would expect this was a big occasion for him and he would have been there. To be there and witness the abuse DS has taken today must have led to some serious conversations this evening.

I hope he wasn’t, if it was me an I saw that, it would be making me change my mind about next season

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 15, 2023, 06:30:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Like the fact that we've signed a bunch of really not very good players over the past 30 months, that have consistently been making mistakes under 4 different managers?

That sort of common denominator?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 15, 2023, 06:36:37 pm by adamtherover »

Not disputing that, but specifically talking about todays game I’m not sure what he could’ve done differently?

made a sub at 2 all to even attempt to change the game,?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 15, 2023, 06:37:27 pm by ForsolongaRover »

Yep, but I think Billy’s point is warranted, not everything is down to the manager.
Not sure what else he could’ve done today.
We were good today in spells with a drastically depleted starting 11

Agreed, but you cannot choose when to accept the reality of where the buck stops

TinyPortal © 2005-2012