Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:29:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bostock interview  (Read 2090 times)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Bostock interview
« on October 31, 2021, 07:31:46 pm by mpc123 »
I have just watched Bostocks interview saying what we have to do.

I have just watched the goals.

1 and 3 are actually his fault.

1. the runner just goes straight by him and gains about 3 yards some how Bostock hardly moves.

3. Bostock front man on the cross leaves it instead of clearing.
The box is packed and the keeper is under so much pressure with so many around.
Bostock should have hoofed the f ing thing.

It's OK coming out saying the typical things but he is so slowing in moving the ball around he causes so many problems, then in both these positions is either too slow and won't take responsibility or can't be arsed.

Personal if we are going to play 4 at the back I would rather go 4 2 3 1 give us lots more cover and let the 3 then back up the lone upfront but he can't but bostock can't be in that 2 as it is instant pressure too many times on the back 4.

Until we get that defensive midfielder RW talks about to give then our attacking options more freedom

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Bostock interview
« Reply #1 on October 31, 2021, 08:07:56 pm by donnievic »
How do you work out 1st one is his fault the ball goes straight in from the free kick

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 31, 2021, 08:10:46 pm by mpc123 »
If he follows that runner goal side he gets the ball

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 31, 2021, 08:19:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »
On formation it's time to go 5 at the back. We will ship goals for fun otherwise. Rowe and Knoyle as wing backs. Play Bostock and Galbraith CM. Give Vilca a free run around and stick 2 up top Dodoo and Cukur for now.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 31, 2021, 08:24:46 pm by donnievic »
If he follows that runner goal side he gets the ball
i don’t think it was bostock man yes he runs by him but it was the one next to bostock who was marking him think possibly knoyle and Williams that was either side of stockley

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 31, 2021, 08:31:15 pm by mpc123 »
Get what your saying in some respects but he runs straight in front of him and he is not marking anyone, follow him, he moves too do so but far too late

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 31, 2021, 08:47:35 pm by donnievic »
Get what your saying in some respects but he runs straight in front of him and he is not marking anyone, follow him, he moves too do so but far too late
I agree but once sumone is on the move and past it’s hard to get back goal side,I more put it at set piece set which is gerrard,all bostock could of done for me is try and block him but is a quality ball in from which at the time I didn’t think was a free kick

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 31, 2021, 08:55:10 pm by mpc123 »
Agree great ball

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 31, 2021, 09:13:50 pm by Canadian Rover »
Bostock is too slow to play the ball (and doesn't make enough forward passes) his movement ans runs to create space are superb though. He's got quality for sure...defensively he's ok but not great.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 31, 2021, 09:24:53 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Cultured passer of a football but never influences games and slows down the intensity. I like watching him sure but I always leave feeling that he didn't actually do very much - again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 31, 2021, 09:26:43 pm by dickos1 »
Bostock is too slow to play the ball (and doesn't make enough forward passes) his movement ans runs to create space are superb though. He's got quality for sure...defensively he's ok but not great.

I think it was posted on here the other day that bostock has the most successful forward passes in the league

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 31, 2021, 09:28:43 pm by mpc123 »
I didn't say he doesn't, what he doesn't do that hurts us quite often.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 31, 2021, 09:34:02 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Most passes are forward though if you are static at the back all the time. Doesn't mean they are meaningful passes that contribute to anything.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 31, 2021, 09:35:17 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Bostocks a good player. Not the type we need right now but with better players making runs he’d look a class above.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 31, 2021, 09:39:44 pm by dickos1 »
Most passes are forward though if you are static at the back all the time. Doesn't mean they are meaningful passes that contribute to anything.

I’m just replying to the post stating he doesn’t make enough forward passes.
He created a number of goals last season when we had players making runs
Didn’t he play hiwulu through the other night but he missed and knoyle at Gillingham but he missed

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 31, 2021, 09:42:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Agree, the mobility and movement of the forward players generally is really poor and so Bostock is looking for players to hit but there are none, therefore he makes an easier pass to retain possession.

As sedwardsdrfc says and which i agree with, he's not the player we need right now, although i do like John and he's got too much vision and footballing intelligence than everyone around him at this level.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 31, 2021, 10:01:59 pm by donnievic »
I would definitely play bostock further forward,I know he like to come deep to receive the ball but for me he would benefit us more playing just behind the front line where he could possibly create sumthing with his passsng.then we just need a defensive midfielder or a stronger tackler further back.mind I also think there is a big lack of movement from the forwards and only hiwula like will get the ball and try to take players on if he recieves it in space in the 1st place

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 01, 2021, 06:47:03 am by mpc123 »
Galbraith seems to manage OK with this none existent movement.

Bostock will always look great on stats, but there is nothing there with the majority.

I think RW has touched on it, his words were something like start scanning before you receive the ball for your next pass and I think that's why he looks slow to those that agree.

He is not actually achieving alot for us most of the time and to pick out 1 or 2 meaningful passes is just not enough.

There are more than 1 or 2 times he has put us in trouble deep.

Like a few have said I agree move him forward a bit or poss at the moment until a DM is in goto 4231 to ensure we have more cover if the ball is lost deep.

I'm nowhere near saying I'm right just it's just as I see it, RW knows a hell of alot more than me and he loses most of the games, so God knows what would happen to me. :)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 01, 2021, 07:50:53 am by DonnyOsmond »
We play 4-2-3-1 anyway?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 01, 2021, 08:40:04 am by mpc123 »
We play a fluid 4 3 3 most of the time, which is not a 4 2 3 1

A solid 4 2 3 1 wouldn't leave the gaps

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 01, 2021, 09:22:36 am by bigal »
Only one person to blame for first goal
and that is Dahlberg

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 01, 2021, 10:48:29 am by Bessie Red »
and that is Dahlberg

And the third!!

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 01, 2021, 11:13:51 am by Cramby10 »
We play a fluid 4 3 3 most of the time, which is not a 4 2 3 1

A solid 4 2 3 1 wouldn't leave the gaps
a fluid 4-3-3??? Oh my days! We’re about as fluid as a bout of constipation!!!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 01, 2021, 02:33:18 pm by donnievic »
and that is Dahlberg

how do you work that one out really????take it you have never played in goal then!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 01, 2021, 02:34:27 pm by donnievic »
and that is Dahlberg

And the third!!
yes the 3rd great ball in and not easy to take but obviously at fault

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 01, 2021, 02:37:03 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Good teams get the best out of a players strengths, we are not playing as a good team. That is why players weaknesses are being shown.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 01, 2021, 06:13:09 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It was certainly notable that he provided some excellent passes last season, but he plays it so safe now that he could almost be by-passed. One of the first things I noticed about the Charlton performance was him being very much in the vicinity of 2 of the balls which finished up in our net. His detractors, like me, would argue that he does not commit himself, make that real effort that counts, whereas others will always find excuses. This season he has never seemed fully subscribed to the cause and does not appear to want to take any risk at all (which may be because of fear of injury), but if he is to have value we need 100% from him; we can't afford even a (gifted) passenger right now.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 01, 2021, 07:19:18 pm by mattco »
He is too slow in passing ball forwards and as a result forward-running players end up offside.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 01, 2021, 07:33:54 pm by donnievic »
It was certainly notable that he provided some excellent passes last season, but he plays it so safe now that he could almost be by-passed. One of the first things I noticed about the Charlton performance was him being very much in the vicinity of 2 of the balls which finished up in our net. His detractors, like me, would argue that he does not commit himself, make that real effort that counts, whereas others will always find excuses. This season he has never seemed fully subscribed to the cause and does not appear to want to take any risk at all (which may be because of fear of injury), but if he is to have value we need 100% from him; we can't afford even a (gifted) passenger right now.
inthink they are all not wanting to risk things and try to do the safe option barring Galbraith

TinyPortal © 2005-2012