Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:16:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Olowu  (Read 3345 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Olowu
« on December 11, 2021, 09:22:15 pm by ditch_drfc »
Hadn't really been impressed so far this season, especially with his habit of messing around in simple clearance situations. There was another example early in today's game that very nearly cost us dearly, and I thought here we go again..

But from then on, what a performance. Didn't mess around, made crucial clearances plenty of times. Very composed. Thought he was having a super solid match then topped off with a goal. And you could see what it meant to him when he scored.

Man of the match performance for me. Showed a lot of promise.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: Olowu
« Reply #1 on December 11, 2021, 09:25:09 pm by albie »
He is on Radio Sheff talking about the game;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b9h9j9

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 11, 2021, 09:38:09 pm by roversdude »
Problem is he needs regular games, due to his ban he’s been in and out. Made a couple of mistakes but grew into the game, definitely a good prospect. The defence looked much more solid but they still cut us open a few times. Hopefully we take confidence from this

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 11, 2021, 09:42:20 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
He's a player with enormous potential though. He's raw at the moment and did make a couple of huge gaffes today that we were fortunate to escape with but don't all our defenders make errors?

He will only improve, he gives our defence some stability and also contributes in other ways such as with goals.

He had a very solid game today and topped it off with the winning goal but overall i'd have to give MOM to Jones. Not too much in it though.

Great addition to the side is Olowu. Glad to have him back.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 11, 2021, 09:45:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
His contract extension looks good business. Still raw but with games he should come good. Really gutted we've never seen Cam John get a proper run at centre half since his permanent signing for us. A back 3 of Olowu, Anderson and John would look good imo and Horton is probably a better wing back than full back too. Think Seaman was decent earlier in the season too he'd suit wing back on the other side too.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 11, 2021, 09:47:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Gotta love that interview. 

Interestingly comments about what they've been doing more of in training. So wtf were they doing before???

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 11, 2021, 09:57:03 pm by Campsall rover »
Sounded so positive. Brilliant to hear. With that mindset throughout the squad and no way are we going down.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 11, 2021, 09:57:41 pm by BVB »
Good return and great goal along with some solid headed defending and tackling.

Area for development: when the opposition have long throw into the box as an attacking strategy, try not to put it out for their throw in close to our box when other options are available.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 12, 2021, 12:24:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Like a young Eric Bailly. Hopefully minus the injuries

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 12, 2021, 01:59:51 pm by jmt23 »
For me either him or cam John could be the defensive midfielder we sorely miss, they are both very similar in style, good with the ball (whether good enough im not sure - certainly not in the Whiteman/Sheaf mould) and very athletic so getting up and back again should be no issue.

As I said from his first game with us, a player with huge potential. This is exactly how a club of our stature should be doing business - there are loads of gems out there going free, looking for clubs.
I think Aiden Barlow will eventually come good too, I do not think he has the same potential, but will be good enough for this league. Seaman is another player who I think has the potential to play much higher, and was easily the best player we had until his injury.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 12, 2021, 04:01:59 pm by ravenrover »
They are centre halves, totally different skill set to being a defensive midfielder, it's not just all about being good in the air or good in the tackle or quick on their feet

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 12, 2021, 04:39:34 pm by Colin C No.3 »
23 years of age. Born in Nigeria & was on Arsenal’s books from the age of eight until 2021.

I think we’ve got a gem here in the Cam John ‘style’.

On his radio interview & during his co-commentary during the Oxford game he is clearly chuffed to bits to have signed a contract extension with us. He says he’s watched his red card tackle over & over & he wouldn’t make that tackle again!

He accepts he’s still learning but listening to him he’s ‘bought into’ our club big time which is so refreshing to hear.

I’ll even forgive him pronouncing it ‘DoncaRster’!

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 12, 2021, 10:40:32 pm by The Beast »
Really good signing, unbelievable athlete and seems an intelligent lad.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 13, 2021, 12:15:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »
What I like is if he makes an error, he doesn’t let it effect him. He is quick enough, positionally getting better. To me he looks good business for the club. I hope he stays with us until somebody comes in with a massive offer and goes up the leagues.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2022, 09:51:54 pm by ditch_drfc »
Another good performance and now joint top scorer! Love the passion he shows, has fast turned into one of my favourites this season.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 22, 2022, 09:56:31 pm by Branton Red »
Defends well; great on the ball; scores goals. What's not to like?

Got a fine future ahead of him.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 22, 2022, 09:56:54 pm by anton123 »
He will be a top end champ player in 4 years , he as the athleticism of a prem centre back so could even grace that someday

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 22, 2022, 09:59:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
He’s good but that back three of Olowu, Williams and Younger is absolutely wild.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 22, 2022, 10:03:40 pm by Lesonthewest »
He will be a top end champ player in 4 years , he as the athleticism of a prem centre back so could even grace that someday

This. He's going to be massive for us. Huge potential.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 22, 2022, 10:28:26 pm by Spud »
Another good performance and now joint top scorer! Love the passion he shows, has fast turned into one of my favourites this season.

He loves it doesn't he? Love how he makes a point of coming over to the fans before ko before going to the huddle & obviously enjoyed himself at the end too tonight. Great character, a definite plus in a tough season.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 22, 2022, 10:32:24 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
He has a great connection with the fans, lovely to see him at the end of the game today and like at Lincoln - fast becoming one of my favourite players.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 22, 2022, 10:35:07 pm by drfchound »
Olowu really got the fans whipped up at the end.
Going into the crowd, signing autographs and doing selfies then getting the lads behind the goal responding to his waving.
Early becoming a crowd favourite.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 22, 2022, 11:05:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As said above, his potential is immense, not only for the way he plays but the rapport with the fans.

Of all the young uns coming from his background at a Premiership club, he's been well and truly chucked in at the deep end and is holding his head high.

Once he gets that belief and more experience, he's going to be a hell of a player.

That said, Matt Smith is now perhaps realising his worth to the team and is putting in good, solid 90 min performances week in week out.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 22, 2022, 11:12:38 pm by Filo »
I have to say if the Dan Gardner of the last month had been fit and in our midfield earlier in the season I don’t think we would be where we are now

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 23, 2022, 05:41:59 am by anton123 »
The club must learn by past mistakes and offer this kid a 3-4 year deal in the summer as he will make us a lot of money in 3 year

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 23, 2022, 07:12:36 am by roversdude »
We need to get DG signed up too, can’t believe the stick he got on here earlier in the season when it was obvious he wasn’t fit and was being played out of position.
Olowu gets better and better

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 23, 2022, 07:46:00 am by drfchound »
Agreed on Gardner.  He is an important player to us now.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 23, 2022, 09:59:19 am by ravenrover »
3 bits of skill stand out from last night, Olowu sending the player to Sheffield on the half way line, Gardner doing the same from that throw in and was it Reo or Mipo who beat 3 or 4 players with inches of the touch line to win the corner

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 23, 2022, 10:02:21 am by GazLaz »
3 bits of skill stand out from last night, Olowu sending the player to Sheffield on the half way line, Gardner doing the same from that throw in and was it Reo or Mipo who beat 3 or 4 players with inches of the touch line to win the corner

Reo

TinyPortal © 2005-2012