Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:25:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy  (Read 4141 times)

redrover19

• Forum Member
Billy
« on January 25, 2011, 10:36:38 pm by redrover19 »
before his injury Billy was on 4 yellow cards

tonights yellow puts him on five and a 1 match suspension

given recent form i think we might be quite far up the shitter

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Billy
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2011, 10:46:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He isn't on a suspension.

On Billy though he doesn't look at all happy with anything Rovers at the moment does he?  Seems to have lost the relationship with the fans after recent weeks, has spent quite a few games arguing with his own team-mates etc.

Some around me have noticed it tonight, bit of a worrying trend.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2011, 10:53:23 pm by Akinfenwa »
Don't the number of yellows get reset at a certain point in the season or something?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2011, 10:55:46 pm by MrFrost »
A rumour doing the rounds tonight that Billy is on his way out. Like I said, a rumour.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 26, 2011, 12:16:22 am by Superspy »
Akinfenwa wrote:
Don't the number of yellows get reset at a certain point in the season or something?

31st december, which is why he's not on a suspension. i'd be pretty cheesed off too if i was him grafting my knackers off every game, scoring goals when i can with what little \"in too feet\" service i was being given, only to see it being pissed away by poor defending at the other end.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2011, 07:17:26 am by Donnywolf »
....he is LUCKY not to be suspended for that challenge

He may be frustrated and this we can see - he does not have to prove it to us as he did after the third went in at Wolves - and as he did last night and will be no good to us sat in the Stands

The ball was not in the same half he was that late and I thought RED for sure and was surprised to only see a yellow

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2011, 08:20:28 am by DRNaith »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
He isn't on a suspension.

On Billy though he doesn't look at all happy with anything Rovers at the moment does he?  Seems to have lost the relationship with the fans after recent weeks, has spent quite a few games arguing with his own team-mates etc.

Some around me have noticed it tonight, bit of a worrying trend.

He doesn't like losing, it's as simple as that and to be honest I'm pleased it shows.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2011, 09:58:39 am by Filo »
DONNYWOLF wrote:

He may be frustrated and this we can see - he does not have to prove it to us as he did after the third went in at Wolves - and as he did last night and will be no good to us sat in the Stands

The ball was not in the same half he was that late and I thought RED for sure and was surprised to only see a yellow

You obviously missed Foster running his studs down the back of Billy`s achilles, off the ball at the start of the second half that left Billy hobbling around for a minute or two

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2011, 10:05:49 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
But Billy didn't have to retaliate in the way that he did. I too was surprised that it was only a yellow, you only had to see the state of Fosters leg when he was walking back to the dug outs to see that Billy had a right good kick at him!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2011, 10:06:51 am by hoolahoop »
I was thinking that myself and I was sat next to a referee who watched the whole incident and thought it was worth a yellow. He is usually even-handed and categorically stated that although the Dingles players were pushing the ref into giving a 'red' ....it definitely in his opinion wasn't but he-ho Wolfie knows best.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2011, 10:34:07 am by Dagenham Rover »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
But Billy didn't have to retaliate in the way that he did. I too was surprised that it was only a yellow, you only had to see the state of Fosters leg when he was walking back to the dug outs to see that Billy had a right good kick at him!

So somebody \"catch's\" your shin you collapse in a heap holding your head!!!!
 Walking back in front of the SS smiling all the way(although keeping his head down trying to hide it)  and looking at the cut my 11 year olds had worse grazed knees and not stopped playing

Mind you it was a fairly hefty challenge  :)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2011, 10:39:34 am by hoolahoop »
MrFrost wrote:
A rumour doing the rounds tonight that Billy is on his way out. Like I said, a rumour.

Another one of those stupid negative rumours, why do you listen to them or start them ?
Jeez don't we have enough problems at the moment  ? Negative waves all the time!
Btw to the preceding poster who commented on Billy's relationship with the fans breaking down..........is there any wonder after what happened the other week!  :angry:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2011, 10:42:50 am by hoolahoop »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:

So somebody \"catch's\" youre shin you collapse in a heap holding your head!!!!
 Walking back in front of the SS smiling all the way(although keeping his head down trying to hide it)  and looking at the cut my 11 year olds had worse grazed knees and not stopped playing

It needed 93,500 stitches too, the lad was grinning around the front of the SS and deserved some stick for the unsportsmanlike way he behaved and he wasn't alone.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 26, 2011, 11:08:55 am by Dagenham Rover »
hoolahoop wrote:
Dagenham.Rover wrote:

It needed 93,500 stitches too, the lad was grinning around the front of the SS and deserved some stick for the unsportsmanlike way he behaved and he wasn't alone.

Glad somebody else noticed him smiling and grinning he knew what he was up to

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 26, 2011, 11:16:10 am by Fal »
I was at the man of the match presentation to John Oster and he basically said that he doesn't know why we are playing like we are but he says it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Billy then came up for an interview and uttered these words exactly \"We can forget about the play-offs, we aren't good enough and we can't be expected to score 3 every game just to win\".

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 26, 2011, 11:27:50 am by hoolahoop »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:
Dagenham.Rover wrote:

Glad somebody else noticed him smiling and grinning he knew what he was up to

Pity Donnywolf got sucked into his little game though.  :laugh:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 26, 2011, 12:32:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Filo wrote:
DONNYWOLF wrote:

You obviously missed Foster running his studs down the back of Billy`s achilles, off the ball at the start of the second half that left Billy hobbling around for a minute or two

No - I saw him have a go at Sharp for sure but the Ref/Linos did not unfortunately ....

... just as they missed O Connor of the SKitsons crocking Stock with 2 attempts in the Centre circle

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 26, 2011, 06:50:46 pm by Donnywolf »
hoolahoop wrote:
I was thinking that myself and I was sat next to a referee who watched the whole incident and thought it was worth a yellow. He is usually even-handed and categorically stated that although the Dingles players were pushing the ref into giving a 'red' ....it definitely in his opinion wasn't but he-ho Wolfie knows best.

#
FFS ... Where did that come from ?

I did not pretend to know best (although I DO KNOW its heigh ho not he ho) BUT what I was trying to say was I THOUGHT the \"challenge\" by Billy would have been seen as a Red Card by the Ref and was surprised when he only awarded a Yellow .... NOT that I am better placed or know better than a Ref on or off the pitch

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 26, 2011, 06:55:36 pm by scuzzer »
Fal wrote:
I was at the man of the match presentation to John Oster and he basically said that he doesn't know why we are playing like we are but he says it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Billy then came up for an interview and uttered these words exactly \"We can forget about the play-offs, we aren't good enough and we can't be expected to score 3 every game just to win\".

They're both right but hearing Billy speak like that scares the life out of me should we get a last minute bid from a Blackpool or someone of their ilk.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 30, 2011, 10:33:36 pm by ravenrover »
At the moment Billys controlof ball being knocked into feet is a little concerning. He is not going to win  mant traight headers against te CBs we come up against when in open play the ball is knocked into feet heis controlan layoff os letting himm down. In the 6 yard box it seems to be a different matter.
As for rating a player by the amount of, what is at time, pointless running round to \"close players down\" ie chasing down through balls to the keeper that there is no chance of winning then I despair. It is the ability of the player not pointless effort that a player should be rated by.
Lets face it Billy is a fox in the box and that is what he is rated for, we all appreciate the \"effort\" he puts in but a lot of it is wasted.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 31, 2011, 02:39:59 am by jmt »
That's rubbish, his effort puts defenders on edge, which can lead to defensive mistakes.
The only problem I see is his mouth, he wears his heart on his sleeve, which we love on the pitch, but talking in a negative way not only has an effect on his team mates but us, but if fans abused him at a match, as reported a few weeks ago, then I can see why he feels down.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012