Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:53:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What is it with the KM???  (Read 4139 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
What is it with the KM???
« on January 26, 2011, 12:20:09 am by Norfolk N Chance »
I will continue to buy my season ticket more out of the love of the football club but must say hate the KM!

Full of negativity and people with no passion, both young and old !!

Its a fcukin graveyard and credit to the drummer at least he fcukin trys ...How do you think this comes across to the players?

FFS lose your inhibitions and fcukin sing and shout....dont look to others but do it yourself!

RANT OVER! :woohoo:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
Re:What is it with the KM???
« Reply #1 on January 26, 2011, 01:01:27 am by Goldthorpe Rover »
Fully agree, its like sitting in a library at times.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 26, 2011, 11:36:57 am by hoolahoop »
I agree what is it, it's like a library........starting to detest the total lack of passion from most of the supporters and it's getting progressively worse.
There's no match day buzz, the folk around me politely clap and I hear continuous updates on Prem. games from all around me ......what the fook is going on!!!!!
Seemed to me that folk were more animated about the fact that Blackpool were winning 2-0 last night....so what.

DRFCDANNY

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 26, 2011, 11:45:32 am by DRFCDANNY »
keepmoat is a bore.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 26, 2011, 11:57:37 am by hoolahoop »
DRFCDANNY wrote:
keepmoat is a bore.

It's like a party fella , could be same place just different folks.........one's a good party the other is boring.
The KM is not the problem but many of them that come into it and don't want to actively encourage the team (regardless of age). Ffs stop saying the place is a bore and get those around you actively supporting our team again.
It's no longer an excuse for some to say,''I just like to watch the footy'', ''I don't like to sing/cheer etc''..........why are you coming just ask yourselves. If I'm spending that sort of money on any activity I personally want to get the most I can out of it..........are ALL of you ?

Cue the 'my personal choice', 'I pay my hard-earned money', 'I've done my supporting in the dark Conference days at Dover etc.' mealy-mouthed responses...

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2011, 12:19:08 pm by Donnywolf »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

but must say hate the KM!

Full of negativity and people with no passion, both young and old !!

Its a fcukin graveyard and credit to the drummer at least he fcukin trys ...How do you think this comes across to the players?

FFS lose your inhibitions and fcukin sing and shout....dont look to others but do it yourself!

There did not seem too much wrong against Crewe JPS Semi Finals nor v Southend Play off Semi Finals

The difference was there was something to get excited about for most people (both young and old) ... and so much noise we may not have heard the drummer

The Players would have been roused by those nights and other games since ... and everyone I suspect would have been raising the roof

We cant blame the Stadium - true it is a soul less bowl - but it was then and will be tomorrow - we can only put it down to the fact that we have gone up and up and had HUGE success along the way (which was great) and now have become a mid table Championship side

Long term IMO we will remain just that so there will be no glory train to ride and that is enough to knock the Gate down by several thousand - along with the financial difficulties. The result is plain to see (and hear)

We are also for good measure experiencing a mammoth injury crisis such that we a fielding a much lesser strength team than we would if the first and in some case second choice starters were available. That has stopped us playing the Arsenal of the North stuff and has resulted in poor results AND poor performances - and consequently poor crowd reactions

All IMO of course

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2011, 02:21:16 pm by belton rover »
hoolahoop wrote:
DRFCDANNY wrote:
keepmoat is a bore.

It's like a party fella , could be same place just different folks.........one's a good party the other is boring.
The KM is not the problem but many of them that come into it and don't want to actively encourage the team (regardless of age). Ffs stop saying the place is a bore and get those around you actively supporting our team again.
It's no longer an excuse for some to say,''I just like to watch the footy'', ''I don't like to sing/cheer etc''..........why are you coming just ask yourselves. If I'm spending that sort of money on any activity I personally want to get the most I can out of it..........are ALL of you ?

Cue the 'my personal choice', 'I pay my hard-earned money', 'I've done my supporting in the dark Conference days at Dover etc.' mealy-mouthed responses...

Let's get this straight, Hoola:

If you pay good money for something, you PERSONALLY want to get the most you can out of it.

However, you are expecting anyone else's PERSONAL choice, if different to yours, to be mealy-mouthed.

Is that what you mean?

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2011, 03:15:44 pm by timdrfc »
I much prefer the Keepmoat to Belle View despite loads of great memories it  was way past its best and it was time to move on.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2011, 03:38:25 pm by mushRTID »
Our style of football doesnt help.

Although quality at times you would never describe it as 'edge of the seat stuff'. Thats what builds atmosphere as much as the stadium and the fans.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2011, 04:11:39 pm by Berkshire Rover »
I don't think it's just the Keepmoat, a lot of other grounds are quiet these days. I also believe that this is why the action has been taken on South Stand season ticket pricing. JR wants that end of the ground packed every game which may help with the atmosphere.

Whilst I accept it is a matter of choice how you enjoy your football if the day ever comes when I don't come out of the ground hoarse from singing and cheering (with the odd well placed piece of advice for the officials) then shoot me!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2011, 04:25:10 pm by RedJ »
Agree with hoola, an Berkshire, too.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2011, 09:48:10 pm by Old Popsider »
Time to bring back standing areas to allow fans to move about, jump up and down or whatever to try and create a better atmosphere.

All seater stadiums at our level need standing areas to make them 'tick'.

Mind you, how many times on TV do you see crowds standing a Premiership grounds without being told to sit down by grumpy stewards?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2011, 10:05:14 pm by dumbroofer »
we have been standing through out the season in the west stand B  without much problem

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 26, 2011, 10:05:59 pm by Nudga »
I get told to sit down by grumpy fans. Why is it that people stand before the game and then as soon as the bloody whistle goes they sit down?

I try to get tickets near the back of the SS so i can stand with the others, but i always manage to get in front of a \"sitter\".

This discussion has been done to death and it needs a massive effort to organise something to generate a good atmosphere. The last few times i've been have been bloody aweful and i've noticed that people love slaughtering their own players rather than offering raucous support. IMO our club does feel like it's become tin pot and cheesy in a lot of ways.

I know OBV wasn't always the best place for atmosphere but it had an under current of working mens nastiness and in the pop side, an aggressive atmosphere could be generated just by the oppo taking a throwing.

I know that having a standing area would go along way in curing this disease but that ain't gonna happen, so other than that I don't have a clue.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 26, 2011, 10:15:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Don't blame the building !

Many people criticised the atmosphere leaking away at the open Belle Vue.

It's the behaviour of the people in the building.

So far have calls for singing sections, non singing sections, family section, ladies sections, grumpy old bas**rd sections, Sean hater sections, Sean lover sections, sitters, standers, lesbians, gays and bi's.

Why can't we all just get along !!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 26, 2011, 10:17:41 pm by Nudga »
Why can't we all just get along !!

Because I f**kin hate gays.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 26, 2011, 10:24:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You are awful. But I like you !!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 26, 2011, 10:28:53 pm by Nudga »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

It's all done in the best possible taste!

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 26, 2011, 11:54:35 pm by Old Popsider »
Nudga wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

It's all done in the best possible taste!

Cupid Stunt - no - not you Nudga. One of Kenny's best characters, got a pic of 'her'?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 31, 2011, 05:59:06 pm by ravenrover »
If the team actually gave us something to shout about that might make a difference! The way we are playing at the moment and IMHO even going as far back as the Swansea game we have not really produced the goods. I missed Middlesboro and Scunnie games so can't comment on those 2 but the last time I saw the boys really play well for a full match was Coventry away.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 31, 2011, 06:33:44 pm by RedJ »
Scunny was a cracker, we were decent against Boro too.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 01, 2011, 12:07:05 am by DMnumber4 »
timdrfc wrote:
I much prefer the Keepmoat to Belle View despite loads of great memories it  was way past its best and it was time to move on.

Really? How many times have you genuinely relished going to the Keepmoat?

For me it's a handful, it used to be every week at Belle Vue despite it being an ordinary saturday (and potentially lashing it down), whether it was Southport, Hereford or Nottingham Forest!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 01, 2011, 06:12:33 am by idler »
I think that the worst part of the experience is getting to and from the ground. As an exile I park a five minute walk away so I get out resonably quickly. The dual carriageway we cross can be a bit hairy though. :blink:
Belle Vue seemed far more accessible

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 01, 2011, 08:06:08 am by Wellred »
Have you never considered that to create an atmosphere there has to be something to get excited about?
Since the KMS opened how many games has there been when the game was buzzing and the way we played gave the crowd the incentive to get really really excited.
Not trying to be too negative but the football we play just isn't edge of the seat stuff or exciting enough to get most people standing.

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 01, 2011, 03:27:23 pm by DRFCTom »
Wellred wrote:
Have you never considered that to create an atmosphere there has to be something to get excited about?
Since the KMS opened how many games has there been when the game was buzzing and the way we played gave the crowd the incentive to get really really excited.
Not trying to be too negative but the football we play just isn't edge of the seat stuff or exciting enough to get most people standing.

This is exactly why Sheff uniteds atmosphere is crap!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012