Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:35:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Healy signs for Rangers  (Read 2763 times)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Healy signs for Rangers
« on January 30, 2011, 05:32:47 pm by German Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:Healy signs for Rangers
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2011, 05:55:57 pm by RedJ »
Best of luck to him. I'd have liked to have seen him back here, mind. Maybe he'll be back should it not go to plan north of the border.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2011, 06:05:33 pm by MiKA »
RedJ wrote:
Best of luck to him. I'd have liked to have seen him back here, mind. Maybe he'll be back should it not go to plan north of the border.

Just so long as he didn't sign for Scummy Celtic, I could never have forgiven him for that   ;)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2011, 06:10:06 pm by RedJ »
:laugh: so I'm not alone in hating the Hoops?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2011, 06:23:58 pm by Wellred »
The same thing that will ultimately happen here. Scottish football ran out of money.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2011, 06:31:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well at least he didn't join Celtic.  Can't grumble with him joining his club.

BUT I'm with Rigo, it's a sign of Scottish football that players like Healy who whilst being a good player, isn't as good as Sharp, are signing for Rangers.

Scottish football is getting continually worse that's for sure.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2011, 06:37:05 pm by RedJ »
It's sad, really. I've always liked Rangers, and I like Scottish football as a whole - barring Celtic - so I've watched its decline with dismay.

VikingJames

« Reply #7 on January 30, 2011, 07:02:42 pm by VikingJames »
I couldn't give a monkeys about Scottish football, but good luck to Healy up there. He should do alright in that league.

bangormaine

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 30, 2011, 08:18:49 pm by bangormaine »
It is interesting to see how many Rangers fans are out there. As far as the quality of players in The S.P.L. you should be aware that Rangers get the better quality ones. If you saw some of the players masquerading as professional footballers up here you would be horrified. If the S.P.L was to be classified as English and distributed according to potential and ability, it would encompass the Premiership, just, right down to the Conference. You have to realise that Scotland only has a similar population to Lancashire, and as such, cannot support the 42 teams that make up the leagues here. Only Rangers and Celtic draw crowds big enough to generate the income required to survive at the highest level, but even so without E.P.L T.V money they can not compete with the Premiership as far as wages go. Would you believe that Derby had a higher wage bill than Rangers. Roll on a British league with Rovers playing Rangers. Anyone want a ticket for Ibrox for that match.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 30, 2011, 08:23:20 pm by RedJ »
Yorkshire has a similar population to Scotland :P

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 30, 2011, 08:25:20 pm by graingrover »
Agreed Bangormaine .... it's getting to be a tired old system ... apart from the money flushed few . I got it right then .. Healey to Rangers ... ! I'll look up the rest of his tips now then ! ha ha .. Actually  the likelyhood  of it has been on Rangers site for two weeks!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2011, 08:51:02 pm by graingrover »
Rigo they will never otherwise Scotland would lose their individual Nation's  rights to compete in the European Nations and World Cups ... No?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 30, 2011, 09:06:07 pm by RedJ »
Why would they? I'm not disputing your knowledge, because I don't know myself, but could you explain?

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 30, 2011, 09:49:35 pm by CJK »
So with Healy going North, we still have a space for a back up striker on the bench. Who could it be?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 30, 2011, 09:53:15 pm by RedJ »
We need one. I'm not saying at the expense of a CB, but we do need a back up striker, because Brooker's not up to it yet, and the rest are crap to be honest.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 31, 2011, 12:04:09 am by MiKA »
RedJ wrote:
:laugh: so I'm not alone in hating the Hoops?

No matey I hate them with a passion, mainly down to my time spent in N Ireland, nothing but fenian scum    ;)

Back on the subject matter though, the Scottish Prem, or should I say the big 2, are on par with an average Championship side, if he was never going to make it in the Prem so this is no more than a side step for him, if Rangers are his club then we can't blame him for moving up there, good luck to the lad.

....... we arn't short on goal scorers anyway, its a decent keeper and afew defenders we're after   :huh:

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 31, 2011, 12:25:04 am by Viking Don »
Scottish Football.

That's one of those what do ya call 'ems isn't it. Like 'Family Holiday'?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012