Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:13:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Seat Amnesty/Club Scout  (Read 1577 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Seat Amnesty/Club Scout
« on January 31, 2011, 11:13:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Been mulling over this since the ambitious target by JR to get 9000 ST holders in.

Just thinking if all goes well and we sign more friends, family members, acquaintances up, where are we going to find them a seat ?

That made me think perhaps we need seat amnesty where at the end of this season, we wipe the slate clean and start again by choosing our seats.

This will allow groups of friends and family to come together again. From a given date, on a first come first basis, one of your group or family can pick your seats off plan (Just like we did when the KM first opened)

Now I know some folk are very attached to their seat but would it really matter that much if we were flexible enough to move a row up or down, or to the left or right a bit ?

I know this may pose a problem for exiles but may be they can be accommodated by choosing their over the phone beforehand.

Thoughts ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:Seat Amnesty/Club Scout
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2011, 11:17:32 pm by Filo »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Been mulling over this since the ambitious target by JR to get 9000 ST holders in.

Just thinking if all goes well and we sign more friends, family members, acquaintances up, where are we going to find them a seat ?

That made me think perhaps we need seat amnesty where at the end of this season, we wipe the slate clean and start again by choosing our seats.

This will allow groups of friends and family to come together again. From a given date, on a first come first basis, one of your group or family can pick your seats off plan (Just like we did when the KM first opened)

Now I know some folk are very attached to their seat but would it really matter that much if we were flexible enough to move a row up or down, or to the left or right a bit ?

I know this may pose a problem for exiles but may be they can be accommodated by choosing their over the phone beforehand.

Thoughts ?

That`s a non starter for me, i`ve had the same seat since the KM opened, I like where I sit, that`s the main reason I buy a ST, I know where I sit, I1ve got a good view and it`ll cost me £20 more for the privilege next season!

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2011, 11:19:01 pm by DRFCTom »
I'd be happy to if it meant boosting the attendance however I can almost put my house on it that I am one of the very few who would be happy to do so..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2011, 11:21:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just to clarify. It would only need 1 of your group to come with the set of ST books.

Filo, I understand your attachment but what's wrong with the seat on either on side if you didn't get the same seat ?

wardy16

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2011, 11:23:09 pm by wardy16 »
I wouldn't mind moving - but only if I had to. But if you look at the amount of season tickets in comparison to seats, and if people want to sit with relatives wouldn't it be easier just for these people to move a few seats or rows?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2011, 11:25:41 pm by RedJ »
Well I'd love to sit on the back row in the SS, but to be fair, I made a new friend this season by sitting where I do now.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2011, 11:25:54 pm by drfcsteve »
Good idea and something that the club should have probably thought about, I would doubt however that the club will do it for fear of the backlash from season ticket holders who would find it unaceptable to just move up one.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2011, 11:27:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You know what it's like when you get another friend who wants to come and you can only get them a seat on their own miles away. So rather than the group moving too far, then a reshuffle could accommodate a lot more new ST holders this way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2011, 11:27:38 pm by Filo »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Just to clarify. It would only need 1 of your group to come with the set of ST books.

Filo, I understand your attachment but what's wrong with the seat on either on side if you didn't get the same seat ?

I don`t think the present ST holder would appreciate 23st of lard sat on his knee  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 01, 2011, 06:20:37 am by idler »
I can't bend my knee too far so I need an aisle seat with the aisle on my left. There are four of us with season tickets so that would make moving awkward. We find it better sitting two in front and two behind rather than four in a row, it's easier to talk that way. :)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 01, 2011, 07:08:22 am by Berkshire Rover »
There are good points both ways, personally I think we have to stick with the system as it is. There has been a fair amount of criticism on here from STHs about price reductions etc. We need to protect the value of the ST.
There's nothing to stop individuals / groups to give up their existing seats to accommodate going with other people, this would create it's own churn.
Maybe the club should only protect the reserved seating for the period of the early bird discount.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 01, 2011, 04:22:17 pm by RedJ »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can't see the logic in people picking new seats and basically playing a big game of musical chairs.

The stadium has been open for four years now and the vast majority of season ticket holders have found an area in the ground which they like, got to know the people who sit around them, etc.

If fans were forced to move to different seats, it would upset too many people - and you could also guarantee that you would be far more likely to end up near some annoying twonk who gets on your nerves.

The idea is a non-starter.

:laugh: well not far from me in the SS, but in the next block thankfully, is the guy with the swueaky-ish voice that always shouts to the drummer. He's annoying as hell :laugh: but fair play to him for trying to drum up support! just try and get a few different songs started if you're on here mate ;-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012