Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:31:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marketing  (Read 1361 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Marketing
« on February 01, 2011, 09:23:59 am by The Red Baron »
On Sunday I went to the Emirates Stadium for the first time, taking a friend and her six-year-old daughter- who is a huge Arsenal fan. It cost me an arm and a leg- but we had a great day out at what must be one of the finest stadiums in Europe. The match was good, too, and it has to be said that Arsenal were bloody lucky to win!

I bought the tickets via general sale and was given a temporary membership number. This morning in my inbox there's an email asking whether I enjoyed the game and whether I'd like to join their lowest level of membership- giving me access to tickets for more games and other benefits- such as the opportunity to watch a public training session.

Now- Arsenal are obviously a much bigger club with Rovers with a waiting list for season tickets. But the same principles apply. Once you get someone who is interested enough to take in a game, try to get them to come back for more. If I lived near to London I'd probably buy their membership (which is £20 for a year) so I could go to a couple of games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

weststander

• VSC Member
Re:Marketing
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2011, 09:49:15 am by weststander »
I agree that as a club we should do more than we appear to do to build the relationship with the floaters who come to \"cheap\" games. When I worked in the motor industry, benchmarking was rife. That's the process whereby you visit the related businesses who operate similar processes to see how they do things and pick up ideas on how you can improve. Surely the club would benefit from developing a relationshp with a premiership club(s) to establish a plan to take us forward off the field.
Of course as JR, Dick and Terry are successful businessmen they may already do this and I may be accused of teaching them to suck eggs.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2011, 11:18:59 am by BobG »
Christ! I've been banging on about DRFC doing a spot of benchmarking for aeons.  It's bleeding obvious. It's soemthing the VSC really should push hard.

I got the Arsenal treatment about 18 months back when I bought a ticket for Alexander. The mug supports 'em. although I've never taken up any of their offers, they do still come back to me from time to time. Now that's proper marketing - and it ain't difficult at all. Imagine... if we had a CRM system and could segment details by things like... oooh. When did he last attend? wouldn't that be a cute thing to be able to do!

Oh. hang on a minute.......

Tossers. The lot of them.

I've not had ANYTHING from that shower of shite in nigh on two years now - despite being on their sodding database ever since the KM opened. I'm so angry with them I could scream

BobG

BobG
BobG

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2011, 01:16:29 pm by weststander »
Steady Bob didn't intend to get your blood pressure up  :)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2011, 01:26:52 pm by BobG »
:):):)

I'm at home today nursing a sore throat and no voice. So the BP ought to be able to stand it right now. The drama of applying for my own job can wait for another day....

Cheers

BobG

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2011, 02:53:24 pm by colfromdonny »
I'm on Villa's, Man. City's and Sunderland's databases and my inbox always has something from one of them each week, it doesn't seem too hard to do.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2011, 04:26:02 pm by RedJ »
I like the idea of public training sessions. Maybe it could be a pound on the door and then any donations welcome.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012