Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:00:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Roadworks  (Read 1910 times)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Roadworks
« on February 01, 2011, 11:34:50 am by DaveDRFC »
Are the roadworks still there on the roundabout near the Yorkshire Outlet? I don't finish work in Sheffield til 7 so will be in a rush as it is without having to go the long way round!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Roadworks
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2011, 11:44:19 am by MrFrost »
Yes. From what I can gather they are going to become a permanent fixture, trying to ease traffic congestion in the area.

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2011, 11:47:39 am by fudgepacker »
Is this something to do with the woodfield plantation link road or just some more random roadworks?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2011, 11:48:46 am by MrFrost »
Its to try and create a constant flow of traffic by sending incoming traffic directly up White Rose Way without having to stop at the roundabout.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2011, 11:54:57 am by Dagenham Rover »
Take it they have not heard of \"Access Only\" then

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2011, 12:12:50 pm by Donnywolf »
... AND it has ruined my brilliant parking spot along the \"Park Inn\" road because you cant now come back to that Roundabout without going up White Rose Way and either :

coming back into the heavy traffic OR going through town. Last week it was via Wheatley Hall Road - not bad when I was a mile from M18 when I set off

Will have to look for another spot near DB Schenkers I suppose - any merit in that anyone ?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2011, 12:18:56 pm by DaveDRFC »
MrFrost wrote:
Its to try and create a constant flow of traffic by sending incoming traffic directly up White Rose Way without having to stop at the roundabout.

How does that work though? You still have to stop for traffic coming round the roundabout either from Lakeside or off Carolina way, unless it's changed since I was last there for the Barnsley game.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 01, 2011, 12:22:20 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
fudgepacker wrote:
Is this something to do with the woodfield plantation link road?[/quote]

Is that road ever going to see the light of day or is it just another pipe dream?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 01, 2011, 12:34:13 pm by Donnywolf »
... Public pressure got the ASDA to M18 road open so why not the Woodfield Plantation Road ?

They can overthrow Rulers / Leaders in the Middle East so why not get a road opened here ?

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 01, 2011, 05:47:02 pm by fudgepacker »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
fudgepacker wrote:
Is this something to do with the woodfield plantation link road?[/quote]

Is that road ever going to see the light of day or is it just another pipe dream?

Last I heard it may be happening. They are doing a survey, just like they've been doing for the past 4 years or so. Opening that link would stop loads of traffic on Balby road and Carr Hill.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 01, 2011, 05:50:41 pm by ravenrover »
DaveDRFC wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

How does that work though? You still have to stop for traffic coming round the roundabout either from Lakeside or off Carolina way, unless it's changed since I was last there for the Barnsley game.

There was an attempt at a filter lane so that you didn't have to stop for traffic coming around the RaB and up towards Doncaster and the TESCO RaB.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 01, 2011, 06:08:33 pm by MrFrost »
DaveDRFC wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

Traffic from the M18 is filtered into the left hand lane of WRW, everything form the roundabout is filtered into the right hand lane.

It has done nothing to ease traffic, and nothing will until it is all made dual carriage way, which won't happen any time soon.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012