Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:33:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we missing Dumbuya THAT much  (Read 1188 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Are we missing Dumbuya THAT much
« on February 01, 2011, 05:02:09 pm by ravenrover »
Is it just a coincidence that since Mussy's been injured, end of November, the team has not played so well?  B)
I'm discounting the fact that the weather has turned decidedly colder as a possible factor for some players  ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re:Are we missing Dumbuya THAT much
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2011, 05:06:32 pm by VikingJames »
Only because of the numbers IMO.

I don't think he improves the defence a great deal. Yes he gives us pace, but his positioning is a bit weak. I think our problems lie mainly with the midfield - it'll be interesting to see how SOD addresses that tonight.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2011, 05:09:55 pm by Filo »
I think a big problem is, Jimmy is switching from Full back to centre half every other game, the first goal against Barnsley Jimmy defended that as if he was playing centre half, that`s the position he was in, even though he played right back in that game, the ball went over his head into the position the right back should have been in, Jimmy looked round to see where the full back was, obviously no one was there, that was Jimmy`s position and he got drawn into the centre, hardly surprising seeing as he`s played for the most part of the last 2 seasons at centre half

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2011, 05:42:53 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Filo wrote:
I think a big problem is, Jimmy is switching from Full back to centre half every other game, the first goal against Barnsley Jimmy defended that as if he was playing centre half, that`s the position he was in, even though he played right back in that game, the ball went over his head into the position the right back should have been in, Jimmy looked round to see where the full back was, obviously no one was there, that was Jimmy`s position and he got drawn into the centre, hardly surprising seeing as he`s played for the most part of the last 2 seasons at centre half

I thought the same Filo but thought all through the game that space should have been closed down by Copps doing some tracking back.  He gave no defensive cover out there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012