Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:01:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Injury Prone  (Read 2005 times)

POD

• Forum Member
Injury Prone
« on March 03, 2013, 10:55:54 am by POD »
It's no surprise that our three most injury prone players, Woods, Brown and now Keegan are out injured again.  It's perhaps harsh, but I would imagine that none will be offered new terms for next season.

This may have been done before, but looking back over the years, who have been Rovers most injury prone players?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Injury Prone
« Reply #1 on March 03, 2013, 10:58:51 am by donnievic »
Maybe it's down to keegan getting stuck in and brown work rate as to why they get unjured

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 03, 2013, 11:39:50 am by RTID75 »
Kevin Horlock springs instantly to mind. Great loan spell, then when we signed him he barely played for us again! A shame as he looked like he could have done a great job for us.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 03, 2013, 11:42:08 am by Red wizard »
Keegan's played alot of games. Worth a new deal imo.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 03, 2013, 12:05:31 pm by RobTheRover »
Justin Jackson. Always out. Not a bad thing though,  having seen the games he played in.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 03, 2013, 12:13:37 pm by newyankee »
Steve "sick note" Brooker.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 03, 2013, 12:13:48 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Brown would be one of the first of the out of contract players I would want to be offering new terms to.

IMHO M.Woods and Keegan are difficult decisions and might depend on which Division we are in

I think the other senior players (i.e not including the likes of Maxted, Wakefield, Ball and Middleton) out of contract are Bennett, Blake, Fowler, Griffin, Harper, Quinn, Spurr, Sullivan and G.Woods. I hope we are already well into negotiations with Spurr, Quinn and Bennett, and I personally would like to see G.Woods stay with us as well. Griffin might be a possibility if he can prove fitness. 

I don't think we have seen enough of the youth to judge, but I would hope that, given Husband's performances, the above four might be offered something along with some others - Meade? Finnegan? 

I would certainly want to be chasing after Hume, and potentially a further loan for Lunsdtram (if we are promoted, otherwise probably little chance)

All the above of course is wishful thinking with no knowledge of budget etc. In any case I have full confidence in our management to make the right decisions - they have a good track record recently

Edit: Apologies - this should really be in another thread
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:30:09 pm by Dutch Uncle »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 03, 2013, 12:24:46 pm by MachoMadness »
Simon Marples was the injury king, surely.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 03, 2013, 12:28:56 pm by Dutch Uncle »

This may have been done before, but looking back over the years, who have been Rovers most injury prone players?

Unfortunately there is only one candidate for the player out longest with injury................King Alick

Several years ............. in fact 7 years between football league appearances if we ignore 1960's Australia

Didn't do too badly when he did eventually return though  :scarf:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 03, 2013, 12:29:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
Brown would be one of the first of the out of contract players I would want to be offering new terms to.

IMHO M.Woods and Keegan are difficult decisions and might depend on which Division we are in

I think the other senior players (i.e not including the likes of Maxted, Wakefield, Ball and Middleton) out of contract are Bennett, Blake, Fowler, Griffin, Harper, Quinn, Spurr, Sullivan and G.Woods. I hope we are already well into negotiations with Spurr, Quinn and Bennett, and I personally would like to see G.Woods stay with us as well. Griffin might be a possibility if he can prove fitness. 

I don't think we have seen enough of the youth to judge, but I would hope that, given Husband's performances, the above four might be offered something along with some others - Meade? Finnegan? 

I would certainly want to be chasing after Hume, and potentially a further loan for Lunsdtram (if we are promoted, otherwise probably little chance)

All the above of course is wishful thinking with no knowledge of budget etc. In any case I have full confidence in our management to make the right decisions - they have a good track record recently

I think we can say with some certainty that wherever we are next season it is highly unlikely that Blake and Sully are going to get new deals. Griffin, Harper and Fowler probably less likely that not. Spurr, Quinn and Woods much more likely to be offered. Bennett. Who knows? He is sufficiently young that we will get a fee should he move when contract expires. So maybe not the same pressure.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 03, 2013, 12:42:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Shelton Martis isn't an anagram of  'Short Ailments' for nowt!

Chris Brown reminds me of Alan Warboys to a certain extent and likewise I reckon could make a decent centre half at a later stage in his career.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 03, 2013, 02:13:41 pm by POD »
Gordon Greer was always injured when he was with us a few years ago.  Since leaving Rovers, he has played consistently for Swindon and Brighton, so seems to have overcome his injury problems. 

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 03, 2013, 02:15:51 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Shelton Martis isn't an anagram of  'Short Ailments' for nowt!

Chris Brown reminds me of Alan Warboys to a certain extent and likewise I reckon could make a decent centre half at a later stage in his career.

Brilliant anagram BB

Agree with your Brown & Warboys comparison as well

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 03, 2013, 03:00:34 pm by mushRTID »
Brown and Keegan would be offered deals whatever league for me.

M Woods would be released, whatever league.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:33:53 pm by mushRTID »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 03, 2013, 04:24:50 pm by roversdude »
Mr Brown snr ??

To spin this round Macindoe for all the effort he put in and clogging challenges on him missed as far as I can remember 1 game (eye injury ?)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012