Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:33:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A word on the players  (Read 751 times)

Plumbster

• Forum Member
A word on the players
« on May 03, 2014, 08:54:27 pm by Plumbster »
Good old Donny-everybody wanted us to stay up but we have got a tiny budget at this level so no big surprise.  Except we have, IMHO, thrown it away.  Dickov may have made some mistakes but I think the players should take a look at themselves. If no one is brave enough to want the ball we have to resort to hoofball and that's pretty much what we have had for the last few games- that's not good enough for this level and would also struggle in a good League 1.  SOD showed that a progressive passing game can make us competitive with more illustrious opponents- his last months showed that a regressive passing game makes us relegation fodder- and we have played just as well, if not better, under Dickov in many games this season, until that is the end of season debacle.  Richie has no doubt been a big miss but, for me, this is about everyone else showing the bottle to want the ball and to work our way behind defences rather than hoping to pick up a flick on. I sincerely hope we don't adopt Saunders' tactics next season- it is no platform for progression and I think leaves us vulnerable to drop further.  I for one want Dickov to stay but I hope his players will have a bit more bottle when the pressure is on.  Onward and upward RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012