Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:22:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alfie May  (Read 26014 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Alfie May
« Reply #120 on January 05, 2017, 12:37:34 pm by DearneValleyRover »
copps, I didn't throw insults I just stated that what you put in the post I replied to was utter drivel, it isn't aimed at other groups just your ill informed opinion of an organisation that only wants the best for all supporters of DRFC.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:17:22 pm by DearneValleyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 05, 2017, 12:38:23 pm by turnbull for england »
think you forgot ' either they understand  the contemporary situation at the club '  bit as well  - you know the end to the line that basically calls them ' old farts stuck in their ways'    or in other words an insult .

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 05, 2017, 12:48:06 pm by albie »
Excuse me for interupting a rutting match, but what has this got to do with Alfie May?

The topic heading gives us all a clue about the subject. If folks want to argue the toss about supporter representation etc, then start a thread on that topic.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 05, 2017, 12:50:31 pm by Copps is Magic »
think you forgot ' either they understand  the contemporary situation at the club '  bit as well  - you know the end to the line that basically calls them ' old farts stuck in their ways'    or in other words an insult .

Their was a broad brush attempt at humour in my post, I'll admit ( :rolleyes:), but ... 'stuck in their ways' is something that definitely wasn't in my mind. You've inferred that incorrectly.

Listen, I just think before people go talking themselves onto the board we should slow down and apply some proper scrutiny about who speaks for who. Would you agree?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on January 05, 2017, 12:53:36 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Their was a broad brush attempt at humour in my post, I'll admit ( :rolleyes:), but ... 'stuck in their ways' is something that definitely wasn't in my mind. You've inferred that incorrectly.

Listen, I just think before people go talking themselves onto the board we should slow down and apply some proper scrutiny about who speaks for who. Would you agree?

No one is talking themselves onto the board, if any supporter were to get a place on the board the only people who would have a say in the matter is the current board itself, let's leave it at that shall we and get back to Alfie May and his flowing locks as he strokes the winner in tonight.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on January 05, 2017, 01:10:07 pm by silent majority »

Nobody's even mentioned talking themselves onto the board, the only person who mentioned that was you. Its certainly not a position to be envied and I know several supporter/directors at numerous clubs. I'm even meeting one or two tonight as they sit on the board of Portsmouth FC and I always feel grateful that we don't have the issues they have to contend with.

But as someone says, this is a subject for another thread. This is about Alfie May, and I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that the VSC, (that group that don't understand the contemporary situation at the club), have taken on the sponsorship of Alfie May for the rest of the season so as to help him settle in and feel part of the team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 05, 2017, 01:13:48 pm by RedJ »
Wonder if he'll play any part tonight. :)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on January 05, 2017, 01:21:21 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Fergie alluded to it in his interview.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 05, 2017, 01:27:45 pm by RedJ »

I know, I was just trying to get back on topic.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on January 05, 2017, 01:38:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Mandeville's ill so Alfie May.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on January 05, 2017, 02:06:21 pm by Filo »
The issue is representation. The VSC represents a very niche band of rovers supporters, over-50, predominantly male exiles, who don't really appreciate the contemporary situation at the club because a lot don't attend games. Having had dealings with the other side, the DRSG, its a rag-tag band of merry-men. Some at the supporters club have close ties with the club but for them its one big jolly-up.

I'd fear it'd turn into an old-boys clubs without any proper representation of the broad view of supporters. What about a young female supporter for example? Seems unthinkable doesn't it but there are plenty of lucid young women out there who support this club.

I'd not support a supporter on the board unless there was some clear and open pathway to holding such a position.

Without a supporter director on the board in the planning stages and building of the KM the KM would never have ever been built

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on January 05, 2017, 02:10:16 pm by GazLaz »

He said he will be involved which implied in the squad rather than the team.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on January 05, 2017, 04:50:32 pm by Al4475 »
Without wanting to antagonise anyone or even prove a point - having just added the accounts to our AGM -  we received over £3000 worth of membership subscription to the VSC between the 1st of July 2015 and end of June 2016 - membership is 12 per annum so that gives a rough indication of membership numbers that fell between those dates! There are male and female members (male predominantly admittedly) of ages ranging from 18 through to 60+ - I think we have quite a broad range of members who understand the importance of a supporters trust and the roles they have in their main ideals of an awareness of club governance!

Anyhow that's got feck all to do with Alfie may so I'll shut up and get back on topic!

I think he could be a bit of a surprise package for us between now and season end - and I wish him very well! I'm pleased the VSC have sponsored him (as well as Tommy Rowe) so good look to the kid! Fingers crossed he turns out to be a jewel in the Drfc crown!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on January 05, 2017, 05:29:18 pm by Al4475 »
Why is it massively important? I don't recall (tho I may be wrong) anytime since the vsc's inception that definitive membership numbers have been given out! It's lower than I'd like but better than people think!

Thing is members need to understand and believe in the role of a supporters trust - and for me it's important that members do this - personally if there were only 20 members who fully understood these things - it'd still be an important institution!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:32:48 pm by Al4475 »

donnygav93

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on January 05, 2017, 05:31:12 pm by donnygav93 »
250 I make that

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on January 05, 2017, 05:39:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Wtf! Do us all a favour and take the non football debate somewhere else please. It's booooring and inappropriate on this thread. Thank you!

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on January 05, 2017, 06:07:41 pm by ian1980 »
So....

£3000 received for the year
£12 per year membership
£3000 / 12 = 250 members

Right, now that's sorted, let's move on.....

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on January 05, 2017, 07:02:14 pm by eastender »
Why don't you just give us a membership number, Al?

If you're that interested , just click on the "Forum Members " button at the top of this page.
It gives every members status , there's only 74 pages to trawl through , it shouldn't take you long.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on January 05, 2017, 10:26:58 pm by WheatleyRover »
Anyone see Alfie May on the box?caught a glimpse of him at the end taking it all in, dont think tonight was the right game for him, his time will come though and we are all rooting for him.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on January 05, 2017, 10:30:22 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Anyone see Alfie May on the box?caught a glimpse of him at the end taking it all in, dont think tonight was the right game for him, his time will come though and we are all rooting for him.

If Marosi had not been injured he might have had the last 5-10 minutes or so

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on January 05, 2017, 10:31:54 pm by DearneValleyRover »

If Marosi had not been injured he might have had the last 5-10 minutes or so

I agree with that DU

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on January 05, 2017, 10:33:14 pm by BobG »
What's the paid up membership of the DRSG Sad?

Cheers

BobG

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on January 05, 2017, 10:47:27 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Cheers

BobG

Zero

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on January 05, 2017, 11:16:38 pm by Mr1Croft »

Cheers

BobG

The DRSG is, and always will be free to join. Although apart from petty point scoring I don't know what that has to do with Alfie May or the subject diverted on this thread of VSC membership.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012