Forum > Off Topic

Doncaster trivia quiz

<< < (28/32) > >>

RobTheRover:
I was gonna go for The Playground Chairs or Slug The Night Watchman (yes, I know they were much later)

Donnywolf:

--- Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=218149 ---
--- Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=217564 ---Assuming I'm correct, which I think I am,....... on the 7th May 1971 Doncaster's top group of the time (in my opinion) played their final gig at Doncaster Racecourse as the opening act for glam rockers The Sweet, Name the group.
--- End quote ---

I thought the idea behind this was to post a question after the previous one had been answered :facepalm: :facepalm:  
Well for all those who might be intersted the answer is Potbelly :zzz: :zzz:
--- End quote ---

So did I ,,,, and posted this back on Page 4
My question is :

What happened to the system ?

It was answer a question correctly then set the next question

ANARCHY

Thanks for the answer Potbelly as I had been thinking of all those Groups around at that time and tbh I had not heard of them so must have been a shage early even for me

The Red Baron:

--- Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=218014 ---
--- Quote from: \"Highland Rover\" post=217954 ---Cricketers.........Alonzo Robson Drake was one ,
--- End quote ---

Correct- so that's Balderstone, Hemsley and Drake. There's one more. Not Joe Johnson who never appeared for the Rovers First XI.
--- End quote ---

The final answer will be revealed tomorrow, but if anyone can come up with the name of the missing cricketer by midnight tonight, I'll buy them a pint at a forthcoming home game.

Now THERE'S an incentive!

Two more clues. This player holds an age-related record at another football club (local to Donny) and played on the opposing side to Alonzo Drake in one of his first-class cricket appearances.

Mr1Croft:
In their first ever FA Cup match, who did Doncaster Rovers play? What year was it and what was the score?

Wild Rover:
Thinkm i know this. Season 1924-1925 ( 10th jan 1925 ) DRFC 1 Norwich City 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version