Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:33:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is anybody else noticing this?  (Read 1572 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Is anybody else noticing this?
« on February 09, 2014, 12:07:26 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I get the feeling from watching Billy,and also listening to the game today,that Billy isn't using the instinctive goalscoring prowess that he was born with,what i mean by that,is i think he's forcing the issue,because he cares so much about doing well for himself,the club and us,that he's putting so much pressure on himself that things aren't quite going for him at the minute,today according to Radio Sheffield,he lashed out at the player marking him,it's totally out of character for him,i didn't see it so i have to go by what they say,and i haven't read any of our fans comments who went,i've never known the frustration to boil over like that with him,if true,really not what we needed from him,for me with Robinson not fit,Brown not really being a goalscorer on a regular basis,we are a bit light on options up front,really unprofessional of him,and now we go into potentially crucial games without our best striker,though it didn't effect today's result it could lead to the gap getting smaller to the bottom teams.

I think i said when we signed Billy i expected us not get another forward in,because he was going to be on good wages,but now i look at Millwall signing Simeon Jackson,a player i've always rated,but didn't think would leave the German side he's just joined,but for me we need to loan a striker to help him with the goalscoring duties,we need to maintain the gap we have,Connor Wickham or Matty Fryatt would be ideal if we could get them in on the right wages,up front is the only area where we are lacking too many options,or a player unattached could be an option till the end of the season,today went pretty much as i expected,apart from them scoring,the rest of the side is good enough to stay in this league,i'm confident of this,most of the teams have strengthened in this department,we got Billy a fantastic signing,but he can't do it on his own,we can't afford to go in to the next two vital games ''Light'' up front,so much as i understand we haven't got loads of money we need to go in to the loan or free player market one more time. :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

boro_rover

• Forum Member
Re: Is anybody else noticing this?
« Reply #1 on February 09, 2014, 08:54:37 am by boro_rover »
Billy sometimes needs a few games to get going in my opinion. Gutted he got sent off today, because I think he would have scored a few in the next couple of games.
I think coming into a new side he needs to gel with the teams playing style. Not many of our current crop have played with him before, so they will all have to learn everyone's game.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 09, 2014, 09:02:27 am by Viking Don »
I think he does better up front alone with a five guy midfield feeding him.

He missed a couple of headers yesterday by the sound of it, but in other games he's barely had a chance, like most of our strikers all season. Two up front just seems to be a lump up to Browny for him to hopefully flick it on for his partner to run onto, and that just isn't working in this league.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 09, 2014, 10:42:59 am by Red wizard »
Billy would work well with Forester sat behind him in a 4-2-3-1.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 09, 2014, 10:45:03 am by Filo »
Billy would work well with Forester sat behind him in a 4-2-3-1.

Forester will probably be sat behind him for the next three games, in the stands!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 09, 2014, 10:52:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Talk of dropping Brown and keeping Sharp in, on current form, is a bit of an act of faith over rational judgement. Any road. It's academic now for three weeks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012