Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:00:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Left on Right.  (Read 1156 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Left on Right.
« on March 13, 2014, 11:26:04 am by GazLaz »
Could Stevens play right back? Or is it just too unnatural for a full back to play on the opposite side? If you are playing right back against a right footed left winger, being a left footed right back would be advantageous in my view with them always cutting inside.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Re: Left on Right.
« Reply #1 on March 13, 2014, 11:33:44 am by Woodhead Passer »
I remember last season Husband played right back at Crewe, so think he could be capable of playing there and having Stevens LB. But I would rather keep Copps at right back to be honest!  :scarf:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 13, 2014, 11:36:59 am by The Red Baron »
In my experience, right backs can often do OK on the left of defence but it seldom works the other way around. Left backs can often move inside one and play as a left-sided central defender, but move them to the right flank and they're like a fish out of water.

I don't know if Stevens could play left centre back- I'm not convinced that he's strong enough physically- but he's probably more chance of doing that than playing right back.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 13, 2014, 11:42:38 am by The Red Baron »
I remember last season Husband played right back at Crewe, so think he could be capable of playing there and having Stevens LB. But I would rather keep Copps at right back to be honest!  :scarf:

I'd forgotten that one, but you're right. He also played right back at Leyton Orient and did a reasonable job. I suppose my concern about Copps would be if he had to do a lot of defending and have a winger to deal with all game (something he didn't face in the Watford game). If Meite is fit for Saturday I'd play McCullough alongside him and Quinn at right back. I think McCullough will do fine so long as he has an experienced man to play alongside.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 13, 2014, 12:08:03 pm by roversdude »
We've had some disasters playing people out of position over the years

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 13, 2014, 01:01:02 pm by ravenrover »
Well as Copps played on Tuesday for probably 70mins he had no-one to mark. I would guess that nasty little Scotsman will have plans for someone wide left if Copps is right back on Saturday

TinyPortal © 2005-2012