Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:27:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Signings we made just before the turn of the year  (Read 1517 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Have changed us from possibly being where Barnsley are,to being in with a very good chance of staying in the league,it's not that we had a very poor team,it's that the signings have added a Knowledge of how to grind a result out,keep clean sheets and also have more going forward,the points we've racked up since christmas are fantastic.

For me the signing of Meite is our signing of the season,not including getting Richie to resign,he's given us an organisation,and a ''Rock'',that previously we haven't had,Rob Jones is a similar character,better in the air than Meite,but Meite is the better all round defender,he's not quick,but his positional sense is very good,he can't beat everybody in the air,but if they do beat him,they very rarely get a free header,he gives us ''Championship nous and Quality'',he leads by example,and holds and organised the defence in to a well drilled unit,whereas before,we were disorganised,admittedly some of the time we had,young players back there,and they will benefit from the experience of the games they played,i think all the defence will have learnt a lot from this guy.

Quinny although not a new signing,he's almost like one,he's a different player in the middle,than full back,where i think he gets caught out too much,Khumalo is obviously a more talented player,but Quinn shows a grit and determination that makes his partnership with Meite a good one.

Sharp's signing gave us  ''A Little hope''  to some of us who were starting to waver,though he hasn't been as prolific up to now,his one in two games is almost being maintained,but just his presence,has opened up angles for Chris Brown to exploit,Brown is a player who i didn't understand how he got in week in week out,till i saw him in the flesh,that game changed my mind,he dominated both centre-backs,got kicked,pulled and tripped,and never moaned once,that was the only way to stop him,he has the ''Kenny Dalglish a.se'',where by the time they circumnavigate it,he's already done his damage,nobody has benefited more than Brown Billy coming in to the side,inspired just the man we needed.

Tamas before the injury another one,not the quickest,but classy,and added a Resilience to the right hand side,again that we were missing.
Sam Johnstone,we thought we were just getting a ''Kid'',we were wrong we got a ''Monster'' of a keeper,on our wages i didn't think we could better Turnbull,i was wrong there,the best keeper in the whole division,and i'm not exaggerating.
Nothings certain in this league,Triumph can turn to defeat in just a game,but we are definitely in with ''An Above average chance'' of staying in this league next season,if we do which i think we will,i can only see us getting stronger,we will still be unable to compete money wise,but what we do have with Dickov in charge,it will be used wisely.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: The Signings we made just before the turn of the year
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2014, 06:15:26 am by GazLaz »
Great use of "quotation marks"!

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2014, 07:37:03 am by 1879Rovers »
Dickov has done really well in the transfer market. I think the biggest difference for us this season has been Paul Keegan. I wonder how we have done with him in the team this season and how we have done when he was out of the side.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2014, 01:30:23 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Great use of "quotation marks"!

Thanks '''''''Gaz''''''''!!!! :thumbsup:

I'd bet it's a fair few 1879,a fair few of us didn't value the work he does for a long time,he's(Here's one for you Gaz!! :laugh:) ''Integral'' part of the team,and much more valued,i would think his team mates have known all along how ''Valuable'' he is.

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2014, 09:03:36 am by walter the red »
Sammy,who's this new forward we have got  "Brownbilly " ??

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2014, 12:43:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sammy,who's this new forward we have got  "Brownbilly " ??

Just a local cowboy who they signed Walt,he was hanging around in a saloon bar and playing for the pub team :coat:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012