Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:10:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 125 bikes  (Read 1175 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
125 bikes
« on July 18, 2018, 12:29:03 am by RedJ »
My lad is looking at picking up a 125 and doing his CBT, and we've been looking at a few reasonably cheap second hand bikes on eBay. I know f**k all about motorbikes, are there any that we should particularly look to avoid? I read a while ago that the Chinese bikes were shite.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: 125 bikes
« Reply #1 on July 18, 2018, 12:47:00 am by jonnydog »
I had a Honda NSR when I thought bikes were the dogs danglies. That was a decent enough ride and gave me no trouble I got it chipped to go ‘slightly’ faster than it should’ve and eeeh, good times on that bike.

It was about 16 years ago now like, so dunno if they even do that or summat similar. Been out of the bike scene for well over a decade since I was buggered at a Village People tribute act.

Good times though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2018, 05:51:52 pm by RedJ »
Managed to pick up a Hyosung GT 125 Comet, anybody got any experience with these?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2018, 07:40:26 pm by scawsby steve »
Nortons used to be great bikes, Red; in fact I can remember a little limerick from a few years back.

There once was a woman from Morton,
Who had a long tit and a short `un,
To make up for the loss,
She could p*ss like a hoss,
And fart like a 650 Norton.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 24, 2018, 07:34:38 am by bobjimwilly »
Hyosung are the cheaper "knock off" you were talking about RedJ (although South Korean, not chinese). They should last a few years though so if your son is looking to move on to bigger bikes, it should do the job. However they won't last 10 years like a Honda or Yamaha will.

My wife had a CBR125 and it was a beast of a machine! Very light and quite quick

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 24, 2018, 09:04:42 am by RedJ »
Yeah, I seen that about them being Korean copies. Though apparently they make parts for companies like Suzuki anyway? will probably want to move onto something a bit bigger after the first year or so (i.e. once the insurance is paid off :laugh:).

We were looking at something like a Honda or Yamaha but didn't see the point getting something that he'd have had to get on finance if it would probably be getting swapped for something with a bit more power when he'd done his test.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012