Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:49:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 14 Million Booster Jabs  (Read 10384 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
14 Million Booster Jabs
« on November 20, 2021, 09:30:08 am by Bentley Bullet »
Well done UK, brilliant service.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: 14 Million Booster Jabs
« Reply #1 on November 20, 2021, 09:34:50 am by SydneyRover »

Are they vaccinating those living on the streets bb?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 20, 2021, 10:33:43 am by drfchound »
I would think it is reasonable to think that anyone can go to a walk in vaccination centre.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 20, 2021, 10:37:28 am by SydneyRover »
yes they can, the UK has a good system with no questions asked.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 20, 2021, 11:00:52 am by BillyStubbsTears »

And that's great. But here's the catch.

As of today, there are 22 million people who received their second jab more than 6 months ago. All of them in the top nine vulnerable groups. Most of them having had the AZ jab, the effectiveness of which declines rapidly after 5 months. So the booster programme is currently missing 8 million people.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 20, 2021, 11:35:53 am by phil old leake »
Could be a lot worse. We could live in Austria Germany or the Netherlands

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 20, 2021, 11:38:52 am by drfchound »
Yeah but, but, but, aren’t countries like Germany always praised as being better than us.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 20, 2021, 11:44:24 am by SydneyRover »
only when they do better hound, keep up it's quite simple

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 20, 2021, 11:55:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yeah but, but, but, aren’t countries like Germany always praised as being better than us.

Yes, they are, but those that praise them tend not to comment when we're doing better than them!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 20, 2021, 11:57:39 am by SydneyRover »

Yes, they are, but those that praise them tend not to comment when we're doing better than them!

where and when did this happen bb?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 20, 2021, 01:20:31 pm by bpoolrover »
In our area every person living on the streets has been offered the jabs, they have had teams of people going round inviting them to get them

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 20, 2021, 07:39:04 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
In our area every person living on the streets has been offered the jabs, they have had teams of people going round inviting them to get them

I'm sure they'd prefer somewhere to live instead though.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 20, 2021, 08:37:28 pm by SydneyRover »

that is funny and tragic .........

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 20, 2021, 09:20:46 pm by bpoolrover »

everyone in our area has been offered somewhere to live, unfortunately some will not accept any help for several reasons

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 20, 2021, 09:23:51 pm by SydneyRover »

everyone in our area has been offered somewhere to live, unfortunately some will not accept any help for several reasons

for covid or is this a more permanent thing bp?

either way it's good, but long term would be a great thing.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 20, 2021, 09:45:34 pm by bpoolrover »

for covid or is this a more permanent thing bp?

either way it's good, but long term would be a great thing.
permanent but it is a small area so much easier than the big cities

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 20, 2021, 09:50:41 pm by SydneyRover »
It doesn't matter, small areas have small budgets, it's the intent to help and doing something about a real problem instead of victim blaming.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 20, 2021, 10:56:17 pm by Nudga »
FDA withholding clinical trial data for 55 years.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 21, 2021, 01:05:01 pm by albie »
Maybe think about from the point of view of a medical professional;
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my-patience-with-them-is-wearing-thin

Those who choose not to have the vax have an impact on others besides themselves.
One they might not be fully aware of.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 21, 2021, 03:07:13 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Maybe medical professionals should think about things from the point of view of patients?

I had an inguinal hernia for nearly 2 and half years. Lost work, couldn't walk far, couldn't use the toilet properly, couldn't participate in life really to any degree, couldn't drive far and when i did it was with significant pain.

Perhaps the medical professionals can consider those of us who not only followed the stupid Covid rules to protect the NHS but who also had their lives put on hold for years and lived in considerable pain because the NHS couldn't sort it's shit out.

Sick of hearing about NHS heroes. The real heroes are those of use who have had to suffer for years with perfectly treatable illnesses / conditions. Where is my £500 bonus?

Two sides.

My patience with Covid obsessed medical professionals is also wearing thin.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:13:20 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 21, 2021, 05:06:03 pm by idler »
Maybe medical professionals should think about things from the point of view of patients?

I had an inguinal hernia for nearly 2 and half years. Lost work, couldn't walk far, couldn't use the toilet properly, couldn't participate in life really to any degree, couldn't drive far and when i did it was with significant pain.

Perhaps the medical professionals can consider those of us who not only followed the stupid Covid rules to protect the NHS but who also had their lives put on hold for years and lived in considerable pain because the NHS couldn't sort it's shit out.

Sick of hearing about NHS heroes. The real heroes are those of use who have had to suffer for years with perfectly treatable illnesses / conditions. Where is my £500 bonus?

Two sides.

At least you haven’t lost your sense of humour.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 21, 2021, 05:07:58 pm by wilts rover »

Two sides.

Well with any luck, anyone working in the NHS and reading this will resign immediately - so there will be less obsessed medical professionals to treat you, me and the other 6 million (and climbing) on the waiting list.

Personally I think there needs to be more obsessed medical professionals, GP's, nurses, dentists, consultants - and hospitals and surgeries for them to practice in - which the Tories have cut since 2010 - but thats probably just me.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 21, 2021, 05:10:30 pm by wilts rover »
I would think it is reasonable to think that anyone can go to a walk in vaccination centre.

Not for a booster. You have to wait until called, 6 months and 1 week after your second vaccination.

Anyone can walk in and get a first jab - but then of course theyy dont need a booster.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 21, 2021, 05:12:40 pm by drfchound »

Not for a booster. You have to wait until called, 6 months and 1 week after your second vaccination.

Anyone can walk in and get a first jab - but then of course theyy dont need a booster.

Yep, i know that wilts.
Then again, i didn't mention boosters.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 21, 2021, 05:17:30 pm by wilts rover »

Yep, i know that wilts.
Then again, i didn't mention boosters.

Sorry hound - I was posting in a thread entitled 14 Million Booster Jabs. Which thread were you posting in?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 21, 2021, 05:21:25 pm by drfchound »

Are they vaccinating those living on the streets
[/quote]

Sorry wilts, i was just proposing an answer to a question.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 05:23:47 pm by drfchound »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 21, 2021, 05:27:33 pm by wilts rover »

Are they vaccinating those living on the streets bb?

Sorry wilts, i was just proposing an answer to a question.
[/quote]

Sorry hound, didn't realise you were having a personal conversation. Suprising I know looking at some recent posts involving yourself and other usual subjects - but again that's just me. I take the posts for what I see on face value.

Fyi I don' know the answer to that. As far as I am aware you have to go to get a vaccination - the vaccinators don't come to you - but happy to be proved wrong on this.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 21, 2021, 05:34:15 pm by drfchound »
Wilts, you know as well as i do that threads usually veer off on a tangent, as indeed this one has too.
Also, many threads end up as personal conversations, like this one of ours has.
Incidentally, i like the way you have changed the meaning of "are they vaccinating people on the streets".
Clever, and i like that.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 21, 2021, 06:26:03 pm by bpoolrover »

you don't have to wait until called just go online and book,most vaccination centres just let you walk up aswell

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 21, 2021, 06:31:58 pm by wilts rover »
Wilts, you know as well as i do that threads usually veer off on a tangent, as indeed this one has too.
Also, many threads end up as personal conversations, like this one of ours has.
Incidentally, i like the way you have changed the meaning of "are they vaccinating people on the streets".
Clever, and i like that.

I was using it in the sense that it was used in post 2. If you used it in a different way in post 25 - well how I am supposed to know?

But then again if - as in post 23 - you are asking questions that you already know the answer to - its easy to see why posts often end up in personal conversations.

Not that I have ever had a problem with having a personal conversation with yourself hound - usually interesting and for the vast majority respectful. Maybe other forum users could learn from us?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012