Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:14:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 14 Million Booster Jabs  (Read 10383 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: 14 Million Booster Jabs
« Reply #30 on November 21, 2021, 06:39:33 pm by wilts rover »
I would think it is reasonable to think that anyone can go to a walk in vaccination centre.

Not for a booster. You have to wait until called, 6 months and 1 week after your second vaccination.

Anyone can walk in and get a first jab - but then of course theyy dont need a booster.
you don't have to wait until called just go online and book,most vaccination centres just let you walk up aswell

No I couldn't. Tried this to see what happens and it said I needed to wait until mine was due. However if other people want to get around it and ignore government instructions thats their lookout. I got the letter on Thursday and booked for mid December btw.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 21, 2021, 06:48:26 pm by bpoolrover »
I would think it is reasonable to think that anyone can go to a walk in vaccination centre.

Not for a booster. You have to wait until called, 6 months and 1 week after your second vaccination.

Anyone can walk in and get a first jab - but then of course theyy dont need a booster.
you don't have to wait until called just go online and book,most vaccination centres just let you walk up aswell

No I couldn't. Tried this to see what happens and it said I needed to wait until mine was due. However if other people want to get around it and ignore government instructions thats their lookout. I got the letter on Thursday and booked for mid December btw.
soon as you are due to have one it then gives you the option to book, I have booked a few in and got the same week everytime, they won't let you book until your due to have the booster, or soon as you are due one walk in your local vaccination centre give them your nhs number or date of birth it comes up that your eligible for one and 9 out of ten times will give you the jab then, so it's not ignoring anything

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 21, 2021, 06:52:45 pm by Nudga »
Nudge nudge towards passports and mandatory vax.
Get to f**k.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 21, 2021, 07:06:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Nudge nudge towards passports and mandatory vax.
Get to f**k.

Who'd have thought this 2 years ago? It's insane. Along with all those who go along with it. f**k 'em.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 21, 2021, 07:10:44 pm by drfchound »
Wilts, you know as well as i do that threads usually veer off on a tangent, as indeed this one has too.
Also, many threads end up as personal conversations, like this one of ours has.
Incidentally, i like the way you have changed the meaning of "are they vaccinating people on the streets".
Clever, and i like that.

I was using it in the sense that it was used in post 2. If you used it in a different way in post 25 - well how I am supposed to know?

But then again if - as in post 23 - you are asking questions that you already know the answer to - its easy to see why posts often end up in personal conversations.

Not that I have ever had a problem with having a personal conversation with yourself hound - usually interesting and for the vast majority respectful. Maybe other forum users could learn from us?

Absolutely they could wilts.
I always respect posters who deserve to be respected.
Bpool might have helped to resolve to conundrum with his recent post on the subject matter.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 21, 2021, 07:18:43 pm by albie »
Blackpool is correct.

As long as it is 6 months since Vax2, you can go to a walk-in and get the booster straight away.
I did this, but be aware that there can be longish wait....2 hours for me!

You can then cancel any previous online booking once you are done.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 21, 2021, 08:10:50 pm by wilts rover »
Wilts, you know as well as i do that threads usually veer off on a tangent, as indeed this one has too.
Also, many threads end up as personal conversations, like this one of ours has.
Incidentally, i like the way you have changed the meaning of "are they vaccinating people on the streets".
Clever, and i like that.

I was using it in the sense that it was used in post 2. If you used it in a different way in post 25 - well how I am supposed to know?

But then again if - as in post 23 - you are asking questions that you already know the answer to - its easy to see why posts often end up in personal conversations.

Not that I have ever had a problem with having a personal conversation with yourself hound - usually interesting and for the vast majority respectful. Maybe other forum users could learn from us?

Absolutely they could wilts.
I always respect posters who deserve to be respected.
Bpool might have helped to resolve to conundrum with his recent post on the subject matter.

Yep. Thanks bpool.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 21, 2021, 08:11:59 pm by scawsby steve »
I've heard that the Austrian government have appointed a new Health Minister.

He goes by the name of Josef Mengele.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 21, 2021, 09:20:13 pm by SydneyRover »
personal feuds, hmmm

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 21, 2021, 10:01:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Blackpool is correct.

As long as it is 6 months since Vax2, you can go to a walk-in and get the booster straight away.

Unless you're under 40 of course.  Strange that the boundaries for flu jabs and covid boosters differ.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 21, 2021, 10:28:37 pm by wilts rover »
And a final post on the 'covid obsessed medical professionals':

Surgeon who worked on covid wards dies of the virus

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/19731832.selfless-surgeon-worked-swindons-covid-wards-dies-virus/

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 21, 2021, 10:59:32 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Policemen die on the job. Soldiers die on the job. Firemen die on the job. Zookeepers die on the job.

How many lorry drivers die each year in road accidents delivering our insatiable need for consumer rubbish?

All jobs have certain risks. Some more than others of course. All tragedies are just that of course.

How do we know he actually died directly from the virus and how do we know he caught it at work?

People in the NHS chose their job and they get paid. Just like everyone else.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 11:04:34 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 21, 2021, 11:46:04 pm by bpoolrover »
Blackpool is correct.

Unless you're under 40 of course.  Strange that the boundaries for flu jabs and covid boosters differ.
yes your right at the minute but once the over 40s have been jabbed I think they will then go to under 40s like last time

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 22, 2021, 08:11:43 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Everyone will be boosted. Even 5 year olds when it is their (inevitable) turn to get vaccinated. They simply cannot leave people alone.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 22, 2021, 09:16:42 am by Bentley Bullet »
15 million booster jabs now in the UK, the highest in Europe!

Well done UK, brilliant service.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 22, 2021, 09:33:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
We have to get boosters out early because we rolled out the initial vaccination programme early. Just simple logic.

The really important number is the approaching 10 million people who have gone longer than 6 months since their second jab and still haven't had a booster.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 22, 2021, 09:49:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yep, we rolled out the initial vaccination programme early. Wasn't THAT brilliant service too!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 22, 2021, 09:52:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes. As I've said many times. Why do you ask?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 22, 2021, 10:00:35 am by bpoolrover »
There was a bit of a delay in the booster programme for sure, but now it has speeded up massively, it has speeded up since you could book in yourself or just walk up im not sure why that was not the case at the start

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 22, 2021, 10:01:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yes. As I've said many times. Why do you ask?
I didn't ask, it was a statement!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 24, 2021, 05:29:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
16 million booster jabs now!

Well done UK, brilliant service.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 25, 2021, 10:22:32 am by Colin C No.3 »
The speed of the vaccination roll out has certainly helped the government ‘mask’ its incompetence in not going into lockdown earlier resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 25, 2021, 10:46:49 am by Axholme Lion »
The speed of the vaccination roll out has certainly helped the government ‘mask’ its incompetence in not going into lockdown earlier resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Lock downs do not save lives. I think we all know that this is the case now.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpubh.2021.625778/full

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 25, 2021, 10:52:07 am by River Don »
Blackpool is correct.

Just to update this, in our area at least, there is such high demand for boosters that they are only accepting appointments.

Getting an appointment online is difficult currently, I kept being offered appointments 30 miles and more away.

Best bet is call 119, go through all the rigmarole, hang on and eventually, they'll be able to book you in.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:56:17 am by River Don »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 25, 2021, 12:09:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

That paper is a classic example of how total unscientific bullshit is being put forward to support misinformation drives.

They say right at the start that the IFR is 0.23%. As of today, 22 countries have had over 0.23% of their ENTIRE POPULATION die of COVID. And that is WITH lockdowns and vaccination programmes.

They say that the infection rate for HI is 20-40%. Utter b*llocks. If that's the case, why are cases rocketing across Europe when serprevalence studies show way over 50% of the population has antibodies?

They ignore, as every article from this angle ignores, the one place in the whole world where there was an uncontrolled outbreak back in March 2020, where 0.57% of the entire population of a city region in Italy died of COVID in the space fo 6 weeks.

It isn't a technical article. It's a biased political polemic. The trouble is, impressionable people see this and believe it.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 25, 2021, 12:12:35 pm by Axholme Lion »

That paper is a classic example of how total unscientific bullshit is being put forward to support misinformation drives.

They say right at the start that the IFR is 0.23%. As of today, 22 countries have had over 0.23% of their ENTIRE POPULATION die of COVID. And that is WITH lockdowns and vaccination programmes.

They say that the infection rate for HI is 20-40%. Utter b*llocks. If that's the case, why are cases rocketing across Europe when serprevalence studies show way over 50% of the population has antibodies?

They ignore, as every article from this angle ignores, the one place in the whole world where there was an uncontrolled outbreak back in March 2020, where 0.57% of the entire population of a city region in Italy died of COVID in the space fo 6 weeks.

It isn't a technical article. It's a biased political polemic. The trouble is, impressionable people see this and believe it.

Are you saying there are no health issues arising from lock downs?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 25, 2021, 01:31:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No I'm not.

I'm saying without the lockdowns over the past year, we'd have had our health service utterly overwhelmed either in April/May 2020 or in Jan/March 2021. If we hadn't locked down in March 2020, there would have been minimum 200,000 COVID deaths by July. There would have been bodies piled up in makeshift mortuaries. And the NHS would have stopped functioning for anything else for half a year.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 25, 2021, 02:00:39 pm by Axholme Lion »
There is no need to go back to that now though is there. With mass vaccination and people using common sense (ha ha) i don't see why we cannot carry on more or less as normal. Everything we do involves some level of risk and i believe living as near a normal life as possible, with a few minor precautions, is worth the risk, otherwise what's the point of living at all. We only have a few years on this planet and i don't see the point of making them more miserable than they need to be.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 25, 2021, 02:06:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
AL.

But the very article you linked to IS going back to that issue. And if we allow bullshit like that article to become accepted, the public's opinion will be that we never needed lockdowns in the first place. And then what happens the next time a disaster like this strikes?

This sort of shite has to be called out again and again.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 25, 2021, 03:23:48 pm by Nudga »
Footballers dropping like flies this season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012