Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:07:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Article 50  (Read 33998 times)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
Re: Article 50
« Reply #180 on February 02, 2017, 11:07:24 am by DevilMayCry »
I just hope the Brexit will not have immediate consequences for me on finding a job there in the next few months.

I hope so too mate.
Yes so do I and just remember,for all the sanctimonious pro EU t**ts posting on here from their high horse only one on here offered you a place to stay(to my knowledge anyway)
Steve is one that offered me a place to stay until I find a job and my own place. But he wasn't the only one, others offered me their help when I'll return in UK: Gavin, Andy, Rob (who helped me in 2014 when I was in the hospital)...I am impressed that there are enough people who have offered me their help, although they do not  know me personally (I only met Rob in 2014).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:13:26 am by DevilMayCry »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

« Reply #181 on February 02, 2017, 11:17:42 am by ballysbackin »
Going out isn't a problem Bally - its what we are going out too that people are concerned about.

I would guess as an ex-policeman you wouldn't have any problems going out on the beat. But imagine going out without a helmet, handcuffs, baton, radio or any other form of protection or backup.

That is the situation we are faced with now. OK so we are leaving the protection of the largest trading block in the world - what are we going to replace it with?

Wilts, I truly take your point on the Police thing, yes wore a helmet, baton and handcuffs generally only on nights, radio??when it worked. I worked at Bawtry for 6 yeras, back up nil but perhaps if Notts were passing. I did many years at Thorne and Moorends where I had lived and knew everybody and their dog, played rugby there so what they had ideas about..Yes I also agree that we do not know what we are getting into again perfectly true. But we know what we have been in for forty years. I voted to leave but if we had stayed I would not have created, it is the way..

On my first ever night shift in a remote bit of land now the site of the M18 at Thorne, me and a Bobby who was also a local lad and showing me where to be, got sent to a job and wal;ked into the barrel of a loaded shot gun.. My mate said "Don't run in the same direction as me" laughable but not funny at the time. We got the gun after some George Dixon.... I have also had two knives thrust in my face and several broken bottles, But I signed up for it they all said, just like In or Out this last June.

My lovely late wife once said to me one night when I left for work in Thorne, if I was frightened. (Bearing in mind I had the implements you say, my baton throughout my years was wood, I did not go for the bloody Gun Ho crap..) I kissed her goodnight and replied. I am am being honest here.."I will be alright, I will be home safe to you when you wake up. I cannot say that will be the case of anyone who tries to stop me coming home"

My little story is my way of saying we are in it, we joined and now we left, we cannot control what anyone else may attempt to do but we are certain in our minds that we did what we personally believed in. My wife died aged 46 rs and one week after a seven year battle with Cancer leaving a 9 year old son..Just think if I had not kept coming home who would have helped her through it all, nobody helped me, so I say help yourselves.....Sorry if a bit morbid but that is me

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on February 02, 2017, 01:48:12 pm by Filo »
I just hope the Brexit will not have immediate consequences for me on finding a job there in the next few months.

I hope so too mate.
Yes so do I and just remember,for all the sanctimonious pro EU t**ts posting on here from their high horse only one on here offered you a place to stay(to my knowledge anyway)

Surely it'd be the job of a Brexiteer to do that given the situation is now of their making...how many have done so - is it more than one?

Get over it Glyn, a democratic vote was taken, a decision was made we ll live with it, good or bad, just like America, they got Trump and many are bleating about it, what do people want? Some kind of dictatorship?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on February 02, 2017, 02:32:26 pm by The Red Baron »
At the end of the day we are all in it together. Every time there is a vote somebody has to lose.
I wonder where we would be now had Labour won the last election?

Well, we wouldn't have had a referendum and Corbyn wouldn't be "leader" of the Labour Party.

Whatever you think of him and his politics (and I do have a certain admiration for him as a man of principle) I don't think there has ever been anyone less suited to the job of leading a major party.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on February 02, 2017, 05:41:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I hope so too mate.

Surely it'd be the job of a Brexiteer to do that given the situation is now of their making...how many have done so - is it more than one?

Get over it Glyn, a democratic vote was taken, a decision was made we ll live with it, good or bad, just like America, they got Trump and many are bleating about it, what do people want? Some kind of dictatorship?

No answer then, I take it. Was the decision I have to 'get over' made by people who genuinely believe the EU dictate to businesses who they can trade with?

PS. It feels to me that continually being told to 'get over it' a form of dictatorship in itself. Especially when it's a means of evading giving an answer to a pertinent question..!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:44:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on February 02, 2017, 08:23:02 pm by Filo »
I'm not sure what you're asking in the first place Glyn, I took your comment as another mardy dig and you were just stamping your feet because the demacratic  vote did n't go the way you would have liked

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on February 02, 2017, 09:41:55 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'm not sure what you're asking in the first place Glyn, I took your comment as another mardy dig and you were just stamping your feet because the demacratic  vote did n't go the way you would have liked

A lot of people are just angry because the democratic vote should have been left to those who understood what we were voting for and the potential disastrous consequences of leaving, some of which are coming to fruition. It's a bitter pill to swallow, especially when it affects many people directly and financially. Let's remember, this wasn't a normal democratic vote which can be undone with the change of government in 5 years; this decision is going to affect us all for the rest of our lives. When some prat in Barnsley can vote us out the EU to "stop those muslim syrians coming to our country", then yeah, I'm going to be bitter and pissed off!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on February 02, 2017, 09:49:11 pm by Filo »

A lot of people are just angry because the democratic vote should have been left to those who understood what we were voting for and the potential disastrous consequences of leaving, some of which are coming to fruition. It's a bitter pill to swallow, especially when it affects many people directly and financially. Let's remember, this wasn't a normal democratic vote which can be undone with the change of government in 5 years; this decision is going to affect us all for the rest of our lives. When some prat in Barnsley can vote us out the EU to "stop those muslim syrians coming to our country", then yeah, I'm going to be bitter and pissed off!

So what qualifying criteria should someone have had to take part in the referendum? And why can't that prat in Barnsley have an opinion?

darren61

« Reply #188 on February 02, 2017, 10:24:44 pm by darren61 »

[/quote]Im sure you would have looked really cool in your black uniform and jack boots.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on February 02, 2017, 10:27:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
So what qualifying criteria should someone have had to take part in the referendum? And why can't that prat in Barnsley have an opinion?

You think everyone in the UK should be asked "yes" or "no" to such a complicated question, when no-one really knew (and still doesn't know) the impact of the result?
That prat in Barnsley, and me, and you, shouldn't be asked for the same reason we're not asked to write economic policy, foreign policy or any other policy. We're not qualified to do so; we vote in politicians to shape these policies for us and they should present us with reasoned arguments to the pros and cons of leaving.

This is all old ground that has been covered, but there was only one reason Cameron pushed the referendum and that was to appease back-benchers in his own party. He's a f**kwit, hence him quitting as an MP altogether when his most stupid mistake whilst being MP came back to bit him in his arse.

For such a decision to be made ie the vote be put to a referendum, the pro's should've overwhelmingly outweighed the cons IMO, and they simply do not.

Im sure you would have looked really cool in your black uniform and jack boots.
You've lost me? A joke about me being a like German soldier perhaps? Sorry; I'm sure it's witty and funny though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:32:33 pm by bobjimwilly »

darren61

« Reply #190 on February 02, 2017, 10:41:08 pm by darren61 »
As far as i know, we still have the right of free thought and choice, to make our own minds up about how we want to live. Dont plead ignorance for me, i know what i want.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on February 02, 2017, 11:04:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
As far as i know, we still have the right of free thought and choice, to make our own minds up about how we want to live. Dont plead ignorance for me, i know what i want.

Apart from Remainers, obviously. According to some, anyway.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on February 02, 2017, 11:08:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You've lost me? A joke about me being a like German soldier perhaps? Sorry; I'm sure it's witty and funny though.

Black uniform was the SS BJM. Probably even wittier and funnier!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on February 02, 2017, 11:11:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »

There are no f**king remainers, we're ALL out. Live with it.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on February 02, 2017, 11:14:32 pm by RedRover45 »
For such a decision to be made ie the vote be put to a referendum, the pro's should've overwhelmingly outweighed the cons IMO, and they simply do not.

In your opinion.
Nobody knows if it was the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do. We'll have a better idea in years and decades time. So we come back to the same old argument. More people disagree with you than agree with you. It's called democracy.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on February 02, 2017, 11:15:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

There are no f**king remainers, we're ALL out. Live with it.

I rest my case. Thanks for illustrating it so impeccably.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on February 02, 2017, 11:20:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You're very welcome.

darren61

« Reply #197 on February 02, 2017, 11:21:33 pm by darren61 »

Glyn, you had your vote, as did the country. you had the right of free thought and choice, just the same as all the people that voted to leave. Dont make out that you were robbed of anything.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on February 02, 2017, 11:24:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn, you had your vote, as did the country. you had the right of free thought and choice, just the same as all the people that voted to leave. Dont make out that you were robbed of anything.

Then why are Remainers continually told to shut up by the likes of BB as above? Don't I and any other Remainers still have the right to have opinions and air them in just the same way as Brexiteers or has the result of the referendum taken that away from us?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on February 02, 2017, 11:31:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I never told you to shut up, I suggested that you should live with it. If you're content to come across as someone stamping his feet in a tantrum because you've not got your own way then that is entirely your prerogative.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:34:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on February 02, 2017, 11:36:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I never told you to shut up, I suggested that you should live with it. If you're content to come across as someone stamping his feet in a tantrum because you've not got your own way is entirely your prerogative.

To me, 'live with it' means the same thing as 'shut up about it'. But you say they're not the same thing, so must you think I can 'live with it' but still be able to disagree with it at the same time..? Isn't that exactly what I'm doing?

PS If people equate me thinking the result of the referendum is the one of the most monumental follies the British public has perpetrated with 'having a tantrum' then I think that says more about their perception than mine.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:42:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on February 02, 2017, 11:43:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I also voted to remain, and I'm living with it. You voted to remain, and you're moaning about it. We BOTH lost.

What is your point in arguing the toss? Do you believe in democracy, or only when it suits?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on February 02, 2017, 11:48:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I also voted to remain, and I'm living with it. You voted to remain, and you're moaning about it. We BOTH lost.

What is your point in arguing the toss? Do you believe in democracy, or only when it suits?

Of course I believe in democracy, I accept the result, we're leaving the EU. It doesn't stop me disagreeing with the result, or thinking it is utter stupidity. Nor does it mean I have to stop having my opinion about it, or having the right to air it. How does that equate to 'having a tantrum'?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on February 02, 2017, 11:59:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You're entitled to think voting out was a mistake, but you're in the minority. You lost. What is the point of going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on about it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on February 03, 2017, 12:00:57 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Because I don't look at it as 'I' lost. I think the whole country lost.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on February 03, 2017, 12:02:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, you've said that, umpteen times.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on February 03, 2017, 01:17:31 am by Lipsy »
In a democracy, you have the freedom to say the things that people don't want to hear...

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on February 03, 2017, 07:35:07 am by Metalmicky »
Brexit is already costing British businesses; it's cost my employer and extra £800 p/a just in Microsoft Office365 fees alone!

For a company of 200 employees who use the same system it will cost them an additional £8000 p/a

Just wondering, why has the cost of a product, produced by a US multinational technology company, cost you more as a result of a Brexit that hasn't yet happened - genuine question?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on February 03, 2017, 08:00:32 am by Metalmicky »
Going out isn't a problem Bally - its what we are going out too that people are concerned about.

I would guess as an ex-policeman you wouldn't have any problems going out on the beat. But imagine going out without a helmet, handcuffs, baton, radio or any other form of protection or backup.

That is the situation we are faced with now. OK so we are leaving the protection of the largest trading block in the world - what are we going to replace it with?

Surely we are leaving, but not loosing our trading ability - Europe needs to continue trade with us equally, if not more, than we need to continue trading with them.

I see an agreement on a Customs Union to continue the equilibrium in Europe...... In addition the UK would be free to strike up trade deals with other markets. Britain’s links with the EU are holding back its focus on emerging markets – there is no major trade deal with China or India, for example - leaving would allow the UK to diversify.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on February 03, 2017, 09:32:52 am by Filo »

You think everyone in the UK should be asked "yes" or "no" to such a complicated question, when no-one really knew (and still doesn't know) the impact of the result?
That prat in Barnsley, and me, and you, shouldn't be asked for the same reason we're not asked to write economic policy, foreign policy or any other policy. We're not qualified to do so; we vote in politicians to shape these policies for us and they should present us with reasoned arguments to the pros and cons of leaving.

This is all old ground that has been covered, but there was only one reason Cameron pushed the referendum and that was to appease back-benchers in his own party. He's a f**kwit, hence him quitting as an MP altogether when his most stupid mistake whilst being MP came back to bit him in his arse.

By your reasoning, the referendum to join the common market many years ago should n't have taken place?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012