Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:10:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Players leaving in January  (Read 3114 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
Players leaving in January
« on September 23, 2011, 03:43:27 pm by yapper1901 »
With jr shocking decision to sack a manager with his best players
Coming back today

How many players do you think will leave. You can see
By tweets from Mason sharp and definatly martin woods
That they are gutted Infact martin woods actually asks the
Question if there is any loyalty in football

So I would say sharp will definatly go
FollOwed by stock, Martin woods

I have never see such a reaction by players of any club
To a sacking which shows the respect the players had for
Sod

Now I am sure we will some games now as we have 3 of our
Best players back. But in the long run we will be worse
Off. A shocking decision by jr and the board
Just shows his word means jack

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Players leaving in January
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2011, 03:46:34 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=184935
With jr shocking decision to sack a manager with his best players
Coming back today

How many players do you think will leave. You can see
By tweets from Mason sharp and definatly martin woods
That they are gutted Infact martin woods actually asks the
Question if there is any loyalty in football

I have never see such a reaction by players of any club
To a sacking which shows the respect the players had for
Sod

Now I am sure we will some games now as we have 3 of our
Best players back. But in the long run we will be worse
Off. A shocking decision by jr and the board
Just shows his word means jack

Mason is on loan
Sharp will go if the price is right and if the club wanting to buy him suits him whether we had SOD in charge or not.
Who is going to buy Martin Woods or Brian Stock? The NHS or Bupa to practice their surgical skills on?

Get real and don't talk rubbish

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2011, 03:51:07 pm by roverssam1879 »
Yapper , once again you slate JR the man that brought sod in and got us where we are today. in your earlier topic you called John Ryan a joke...

do you know somthing we don't? whos to say it was JR that orderd the sacking of SOD?

With all the rumours going around, it seems likely that JR was forced to sack him.

forced by the money men on the rovers board.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2011, 03:57:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=184935

Who knows who will go and who will come in.

Sharp is a fairly similar player to Mr Fabulous (Saunders...) and could well be becomes the focus of the team more than ever.

Stock and Woods have to prove themselves good enough before they have a chance of leaving.

The loans sources may change if there doesn't seem to be the same kind of development as there was from SOD. A big question here is who is going to be brought in as our managers number 2?

And how good are DS's contacts? I imagine he has a fair few, probably a lot more than SOD, but are they quality and will they drop him the odd useful loanee? Time will tell.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2011, 04:00:11 pm by RoversAlias »
Sam, what you've said is why I earlier expressed that John Ryan is not a stupid man. I believe it'll be easier for some fans, looking to place blame, to say that it wasn't down to JR and that the big bad directors are the ones behind it. This could easily all be JR's doing, we've never had reason to doubt he is the main influence behind the scenes before. Personally I don't think blame is neccessary. The results speak for themselves and this is how football works nowadays. We don't know who or why have been the paramount factor in O'Driscoll's dismissal.

That said, Yapper you're over-reacting and speculating massively. For a start, nobody will be spending money on Martin Woods anytime soon, except maybe the people dealing with compensation if he is indeed forced to retire due to his injuries. Did all of Dave Penney's players just up and leave when O'Driscoll came in? No. Only time will tell if they'll stay, but it is silly to suggest that our best players will only play for one man, and that Dean Saunders won't win them over very quickly. Let's see tomorrow if they seem any less enthusiastic about pulling on the hoops.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2011, 04:02:31 pm by phil o sophical »
To be fair to the board i think they have shown more loyalty to Sean than most clubs would have done given the recent run of results and i'm surprised to hear a player talking about loyalty when we see them kissing the badge one week and clearing off to another club the next.

Perhaps the players at the club may to better taking a look at themselves and the performance, or lack of it, on the pitch and just reflect on how much they have contributed to SOD's downfall

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2011, 04:03:02 pm by paddymacca »
yapper, get your head out of your arse and smell the real world.

Do you think with the way things were going that these players would actually want to stay on the sinking ship? No.

If your not happy, wait to see where SOD goes and follow him, otherwise shut up and support the club and get behind Dean Saunders

The club can do without negative idiots who only care about the future of SOD rather than the future of the club. The man managed to win 1 league game in the last 26!!!! FFS how is this acceptable...in any division.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2011, 04:15:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
Wellred youre such a hypocrite when you critising people for insulting you when you \"leave an opinion\", to then go and say someone talks rubbish when they leave theirs!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2011, 04:17:19 pm by benaldo »
For me, yapper can go and Yapp off.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2011, 04:18:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=184965
The club can do without negative idiots who only care about the future of SOD rather than the future of the club.

Un-bloody-believable! There's a minority on here that must have short-term memory loss! Only last week you and others were saying the club should get rid, the club should do this, the directors should do that; now they have done something you agree with your telling people to get behind the club and do as they're told and not complain about SOD behind sacked? :woohoo:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2011, 04:21:04 pm by Wellred »
If that is all you can find to have a go at me today then fair enough.
I am pleased with everything that has happened today and I am looking forward with optimism to tomorrow and a new era.
Sorry but I don't give a monkeys for your opinion.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2011, 04:40:07 pm by colincramb »
bloody hell! this is getting ridiculous! yes, your probably right, players could well leave. If it was to be stock, would he really be that much of a miss? i mean, the lad has hardly put a run of games together since 2008/2009! As for woods, great potential, but again he's never fit!

Sharp, because of his talent and the asset he is to the club will leave at some point, when the right offer comes along, regardless of whether SOD is the manager or anybody else!

Lets just see what the next few months brings and look at things then. We could be sat in mid-table by then with a few wins under our belts.

Calm down.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 23, 2011, 06:04:00 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"roverssam\" post=184948
Yapper , once again you slate JR the man that brought sod in and got us where we are today. in your earlier topic you called John Ryan a joke...

do you know somthing we don't? whos to say it was JR that orderd the sacking of SOD?

With all the rumours going around, it seems likely that JR was forced to sack him.

forced by the money men on the rovers board.

He said it tonight on radio sheffield

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 23, 2011, 06:24:21 pm by paddymacca »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=184980
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=184965
The club can do without negative idiots who only care about the future of SOD rather than the future of the club.

Un-bloody-believable! There's a minority on here that must have short-term memory loss! Only last week you and others were saying the club should get rid, the club should do this, the directors should do that; now they have done something you agree with your telling people to get behind the club and do as they're told and not complain about SOD behind sacked? :woohoo:

Any rovers supporter in there right mind and new the first thing about supporting a club would have seen that O'Driscoll's time with Rovers had come to an end. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THIS? A losing team with no ideas and no creation is not a club i want to spend my hard earned cash watching every week.

The board have done something that a hell of a lot of people have wanted for a long time not just me. You must be one of the small minority that thought SOD should keep his job on past achievements instead of present results, something football is not about.

And if you really supported this club, you would also see why i am saying to people to support the club and there decisions rather than sit and moan into a pack of tissues about a decision that has been taken in the best interest of the club.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2011, 07:49:31 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=185058
Any rovers supporter in there right mind and new the first thing about supporting a club would have seen that O'Driscoll's time with Rovers had come to an end. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THIS? A losing team with no ideas and no creation is not a club i want to spend my hard earned cash watching every week.

The board have done something that a hell of a lot of people have wanted for a long time not just me. You must be one of the small minority that thought SOD should keep his job on past achievements instead of present results, something football is not about.

And if you really supported this club, you would also see why i am saying to people to support the club and there decisions rather than sit and moan into a pack of tissues about a decision that has been taken in the best interest of the club.

Are you calling me stupid sunshire - I've got an MA & edited two published books in the past year that says I'm not. I was at Reading and I saw a team without its 3 best players, (Sharp, Stock, Mason - 4 if you include Woods) with a dodgy keeper, no domineering centre-half and a centre forward who didnt win one challenge - as has all been done to death on here for weeks. Is Dean Saunders suddenly going to magic up those? Time will tell if he can get any more out of the ones we have - starting tomorrow.

I was also at Brighton and saw us totally outplay a team who have been hovering around the top of the league until we lost our two best players (in my opinion it was after Mason went of with cramp that we lost that game) - and I had great hope for the future that once thos eplayers came back we would start moving upwards with the style of football we played under O'driscoll. Short term solutions never work - how many managers did we have under Richardson - but critising people for loyalty is not going to win you many friends.

As for players leaving in January - its the players who have taken us to the bottom of the league - it would delight me if several of them left in January - enter your own names here.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2011, 07:59:02 pm by hoolahoop »
Good post wilts , I 100% agree with you  and we will be vindicated unfortunately.
A BAD BAD decision.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2011, 08:08:00 pm by graingrover »
Martin Woods asks is there any loyalty in football ... who has been paying his wages for 14 months while he has been out of work? Perhaps he fears the new management will take decisions based on present performance not on past historics!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2011, 08:29:30 pm by phil old leake »
Lets not all jump to conclusions if they want to leave let them go

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 23, 2011, 08:43:48 pm by graingrover »
Managers should also be motivators ...the essential quality of leadership that's sets some apart from even the top coaches !

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 23, 2011, 08:52:51 pm by wabtec »
Quote from: \"wilts rover\" post=185099
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=185058

Are you calling me stupid sunshire - I've got an MA & edited two published books in the past year that says I'm not. I was at Reading and I saw a team without its 3 best players, (Sharp, Stock, Mason - 4 if you include Woods) with a dodgy keeper, no domineering centre-half and a centre forward who didnt win one challenge - as has all been done to death on here for weeks. Is Dean Saunders suddenly going to magic up those? Time will tell if he can get any more out of the ones we have - starting tomorrow.

I was also at Brighton and saw us totally outplay a team who have been hovering around the top of the league until we lost our two best players (in my opinion it was after Mason went of with cramp that we lost that game) - and I had great hope for the future that once thos eplayers came back we would start moving upwards with the style of football we played under O'driscoll. Short term solutions never work - how many managers did we have under Richardson - but critising people for loyalty is not going to win you many friends.

As for players leaving in January - its the players who have taken us to the bottom of the league - it would delight me if several of them left in January - enter your own names here.

if it,s the players who have taken us to the bottom,and you would be delighted if several of them left can you tell me who was the person who brought afore said players to the club.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 23, 2011, 10:19:31 pm by phil old leake »
lets assess the players tomorrow

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 23, 2011, 11:17:08 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Yapper you do talk some b*llocks.:angry:

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 23, 2011, 11:48:01 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=184983

Yeah Yeah...thats why you feel the need to comment on everything and anything isnt it?

If you cared so little you'd STFU every now and again...nit incessantly bore everyone to death with an apparent need to have a post in almost every single thread.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 24, 2011, 05:39:26 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=185237
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=184983

Yeah Yeah...thats why you feel the need to comment on everything and anything isnt it?

If you cared so little you'd STFU every now and again...nit incessantly bore everyone to death with an apparent need to have a post in almost every single thread.

Pot Kettle Black. yawn

TinyPortal © 2005-2012