Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:14:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: As soon as it’s confirmed get rid  (Read 6045 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: As soon as it’s confirmed get rid
« Reply #30 on April 15, 2022, 07:45:15 pm by roversdude »
CR it’s been the same all season even when we play well there are some posters who can’t tear themselves away from the negativity and admit we played well. As for Griffiths yes he tried, he’s talented and with a preseason under his belt he could set the league on fire

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 15, 2022, 07:47:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Of that side today Smith, Mipo, Galbraith and Martin will not be here next season. Bostock highly likely will not be here next season.

33 year old Tommy Rowe and 33 year old Adam Clayton aside, who else from that side today gives anyone hope for next season?

It’s not a strong team and the secret six who’ve sat out this season are unlikely to all be here next year either.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 15, 2022, 07:56:04 pm by normal rules »
Oh why was it a bad decision to take Bostock off. We had to win the game.
So he brought a striker on. Oh and in case some of you didn’t notice he scored a cracking goal.
Yes first one for us but it worked so how can you criticise GM when it worked.

There are some who have decided no matter what you are not having GM as manager.
Bad news for you, he is going to be manager next season. So give the guy a chance to build his own team and then judge him in 6/7 months time.

If you think the goal was “cracking” then that’s a good indication as to how far our standards have dropped.
It was a bang average goal. All he had to do was hit it. No control needed. No movement needed. Point blank range.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 15, 2022, 08:00:20 pm by Canadian Rover »
Of that side today Smith, Mipo, Galbraith and Martin will not be here next season. Bostock highly likely will not be here next season.

33 year old Tommy Rowe and 33 year old Adam Clayton aside, who else from that side today gives anyone hope for next season?

It’s not a strong team and the secret six who’ve sat out this season are unlikely to all be here next year either.

I actually like Olowu, Knoyle, Smith & Martin (I'd try to sign them both) and I think Younger is better than Williams (but admit most see it otherwise) and I think Reo will do well with a PROPER target man alongside him - we'd have done so much better this season with Chris Brown as our target man (even at his age and fitness he'd still be better than Cukur and Dodoo) Hiwula, Gardener, Dodoo, Anderson, Taylor, Fej, John, Barlow and Bostock (even though he's very very talented naturally) would all be welcome to leave for me... As well as one of the GKs and I'd bring in another stronger more commanding GK.

Here's the crazy part.

I'm good with HOF from inside the club and also happy to see GMC & FS given another crack next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 15, 2022, 08:10:58 pm by Campsall rover »
So he brought a striker on. Oh and in case some of you didn’t notice he scored a cracking goal.

There are some who have decided no matter what you are not having GM as manager.
Bad news for you, he is going to be manager next season. So give the guy a chance to build his own team and then judge him in 6/7 months time.

If you think the goal was “cracking” then that’s a good indication as to how far our standards have dropped.
It was a bang average goal. All he had to do was hit it. No control needed. No movement needed. Point blank range.
Oh for heavens sake it hit the back of the net not the back of the stand.
What is a matter NR. Incapable of praise when it’s is due.  He could easily have blasted that 15 foot high as he has in the past.  19 year old lad low on confidence.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 15, 2022, 08:21:11 pm by bpoolrover »
Can’t believe some of the comments on here.

We played really well today. Only difference was the finishing.
They scored one more than us.

We really should have won that game. We had twice as many good chances as them at least.

If we had played with that intensity all season we wouldn’t be going down.

We would if we conceded 2 poor goals every game.

You can have all the intensity in the world, Camps; it means nothing if you can't take chances, and can't defend for 90 minutes.
Sorry SS if you can’t take any positives from today then I give up.

I am gutted after losing that. The lads gave it everything. We can’t ask for more than 100% effort and that’s what we got.
We are short of a goal scorer end of.   
the problem is your wanting him to take positives 43 games into the season, most of the players probably won't be here next season so any improvement and effort is to little to late

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 15, 2022, 08:28:47 pm by normal rules »

Oh for heavens sake it hit the back of the net not the back of the stand.
What is a matter NR. Incapable of praise when it’s is due.  He could easily have blasted that 15 foot high as he has in the past.  19 year old lad low on confidence.

All things considered I thought it was a reasonable team performance.
Rowe, smith, Clayton, Bostock, Williams all stood out for me. Galbraith was nice and lively when he came on too.
I don’t buy the low in confidence.
He just ain’t good enough.
Happy to be proved wrong next season of course.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 15, 2022, 08:53:04 pm by RoversAlias »

I actually like Olowu, Knoyle, Smith & Martin (I'd try to sign them both) and I think Younger is better than Williams (but admit most see it otherwise) and I think Reo will do well with a PROPER target man alongside him - we'd have done so much better this season with Chris Brown as our target man (even at his age and fitness he'd still be better than Cukur and Dodoo) Hiwula, Gardener, Dodoo, Anderson, Taylor, Fej, John, Barlow and Bostock (even though he's very very talented naturally) would all be welcome to leave for me... As well as one of the GKs and I'd bring in another stronger more commanding GK.

Here's the crazy part.

I'm good with HOF from inside the club and also happy to see GMC & FS given another crack next season.

There is absolutely no chance of Josh Martin playing in League Two next season.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 15, 2022, 08:55:54 pm by pib »
We’ve improved in the past couple of weeks. Woah, f**king hell! Put the flags out!

It’s only taken the gaffer 20 games to realise we can’t just kick it anywhere and hope. If he wastes half of next season making blinding errors, I’m sure it’ll be ok when we end up finishing 13th in League Two as long as we get it right for a handful of games at the end.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 15, 2022, 09:00:36 pm by Canadian Rover »

Here's the crazy part.

He couldn't get into a L1 teams team this season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 15, 2022, 09:04:43 pm by ravenrover »
Do you know what, for what little it matters to anyone else I actually enjoyed watching us today. There were some good passing movements mostly involving Bostock but most of all there was some effort and a willingness to compete. I have accepted we are down but today was the 1st time in a long time I enjoyed watching Rovers

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 15, 2022, 09:05:27 pm by LincolnDonny »
McSheffrey = could not organise a piss up in a Brewery

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 15, 2022, 09:18:53 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
Do you know what, for what little it matters to anyone else I actually enjoyed watching us today. There were some good passing movements mostly involving Bostock but most of all there was some effort and a willingness to compete. I have accepted we are down but today was the 1st time in a long time I enjoyed watching Rovers

I agree with this. We looked like a decent team today, just lacking the attacking quality needed in this league.

A few weeks ago, I wanted rid of GMc for next season, because the football we were playing was absolutely diabolical. However, we've started trying to play again in the last few weeks. How much that's down to GMc, and how much it's down to the return of Bostock, I suppose we'll have to see.

I have no issue watching my team lose whilst putting in the effort and trying to play football. Obviously today was frustrating, but it was also encouraging.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 15, 2022, 10:28:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Chicken and egg though isn't it? How could mcsheffrey play football without his best midfielders available?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 15, 2022, 10:56:52 pm by danumdon »
The effort that went into today's game was the minimum benchmark that we should of been achieving from Christmas onward after RW departure and the addition of the new eight in the new year. The fact that it's took till this late in the season to see some effort and commitment is criminal, i can excuse that we have players who are not match fit, returning from injury or just not up to scratch, what i can't forgive is the lack of effort, commitment, desire and hunger to improve their lot.

Telling point for me today, after the effort and commitment that did go into today's match. Late on in the second half, another Bolton player is rolling around on the floor and the ref is giving him all the time in the world to waste, The majority of the team are near the dug outs taking on fluids and looking very fatigued, where was GM, he was stood 10yards away on his own looking into space, the team are out on their feet, they were in dire need of some direction and leadership, what did thy get, absolutely nothing!, no quite words, no geeing up, no back slapping or cajoling to stick to the plan, nothing.

I know GM is not a demonstrable character of a manger but this was taking it to the extreme, i'd of thought some quite words from the manager should of been the minimum the team should expect.

We all do leadership in our own ways but this to me looked unforgivable, i don't see a leader there at all, i see a coach who has said his piece and leave's it at that, not the way for me, every manager i know who has had some success demonstrates leadership, coaching and mentoring skills at every opportunity he can take.

Disappointing.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 15, 2022, 11:11:44 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think we'd be justified to look elsewhere when relegation is confirmed. But also understand the desire to let GM show what he can do with a preseason and hopefully some better players.

The lack of a style or play or identity is what lost me with GM for long periods our only tactic was to boot the ball away from our goal towards theirs. It was U8s stuff. Maybe that was a conscious effort to improve our defence which neglected what we could do or maybe the player weren't there to even try playing. My worry is our up tick in this is purely that we have Bostock available a player way too good for us and who will play as his natural game. Take him out and are we back to boot it blindly or is the improvement down to GM coaching... time will tell.

GM will be here next season i really don't see the board moving him on because they really want to get back to stability. Relegation was almost factored/accepted in when Wellens left so the drop won't be a shock that draws a reactionary sacking.

So going into the summer we've two big risks that the HoF needs to keep check of. 1 is the quality of signings in Jan (yes hard market) and summer has been awful this cannot repeat. 2 is can the manager organise a team and deliver an identity so the club can build around it on and off the pitch. If GM's tactic's/style continues to be pick an 11 and hope then he can't last long next season. Same for Younger if GM is given tools like he has this year again his position has to be at risk.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 15, 2022, 11:18:30 pm by roversdude »
I’m wondering if the HOF has been delayed whilst a decision on GMc is made

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 15, 2022, 11:21:23 pm by pib »
I’m wondering if the HOF has been delayed whilst a decision on GMc is made

I’d like to think the opposite would be true and that the HoF will be part of that decision. Otherwise, what’s the point?!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 16, 2022, 01:11:05 am by RoversAlias »

Here's the crazy part.

He couldn't get into a L1 teams team this season.

Means nothing. Martin has lots of ability and has on numerous occasions been our creative spark. Opponents take note of him as one of our best players list weeks, and he's highly thought of at Norwich. He'll either be in and around their squad next season or loaned out to a League One team.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 16, 2022, 07:32:28 am by andyst79 »
I got a letter from Reo Griffiths on Thursday thanking me for buying a season ticket.
He said he would try his best and would be a good player.
What a bloody liar

For f**ks sake. What planet are people on. The lads a Raw novice that’s started about 10 games in first team league football in his life.

One who's still not match fit sharp whatever you want to call it.

Won't see him bagging until next season week in week out.

I think he needs to work on his movement and his work rate could be a bit better. Definitely got potential though.
Must be frustrating for the lad as a lone striker something we've lacked all season is a forward who can hold the ball up and make a nuisance of himself

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 16, 2022, 08:24:05 am by Copps is Magic »
We've improved by virtue of some better players becoming available, nothing to do with GM, I still don't see any discernable impact he's had on the team.

Problem is, Wycombe didn't really have to break a sweat to beat us, Bolton broke a sweat for a couple of 10-minute periods and that was enough. The same fundamental problems are there, can't defend, school boy errors, can't score goals.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 16, 2022, 08:40:58 am by Padge_DRFC »
We've improved by virtue of some better players becoming available, nothing to do with GM, I still don't see any discernable impact he's had on the team.

Problem is, Wycombe didn't really have to break a sweat to beat us, Bolton broke a sweat for a couple of 10-minute periods and that was enough. The same fundamental problems are there, can't defend, school boy errors, can't score goals.

This. Yesterday apart from Barlow that 11 all season wouldn't be in the bottom 3.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 16, 2022, 09:26:31 am by monkeytennis »
Can’t believe some of the comments on here.

We played really well today. Only difference was the finishing.
They scored one more than us.

We really should have won that game. We had twice as many good chances as them at least.

If we had played with that intensity all season we wouldn’t be going down.

100%.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 16, 2022, 09:24:36 pm by DRFCSouth »
There has been an improvement of sorts. Albeit it has come off the back of however many signings in January.

Has it been enough considering who was brought in? Probably not. I did think it would take a couple of months for players to gel. And yet that seemed to coincide with a terrible goalless run through March.

Have recent upturns in performance of individuals coincided with their desire to be elsewhere next year? More than likely.

Overall, I'm not seeing that much improvement on RW.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 16, 2022, 09:30:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Since those 2 goals away at AFC Wimbledon on 26 February when we gave ourselves a tiny glimmer of hope, we have only scored 3 goals in 7 games.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 16, 2022, 10:16:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Since those 2 goals away at AFC Wimbledon on 26 February when we gave ourselves a tiny glimmer of hope, we have only scored 3 goals in 7 games.
CBcb we know what the problem is. We have had the problem all season.

Last two games we have had 19 attempts on goal. That’s 38 with 3 goals scored.
With a goal scorer we wouldn’t be where we are.
Morecambe have conceded more goals than us but they have Cole Stockton. That’s the difference.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 16, 2022, 11:04:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Morecambe have conceded more goals than us but they have Cole Stockton. That’s the difference.

Tbf the last 3 games have been outliers. We actually average the least shots per game in the whole of League One, second least across the top 4 divisions.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 17, 2022, 01:10:35 am by GazLaz »

Tbf the last 3 games have been outliers. We actually average the least shots per game in the whole of League One, second least across the top 4 divisions.

The last three games have been outliers because they are the most recent games and we are improving week on week.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 17, 2022, 08:41:20 am by DonnyOsmond »

The last three games have been outliers because they are the most recent games and we are improving week on week.

Aye. I don't disagree that we've improved recently.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 17, 2022, 10:02:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
If GM or RW for that matter, were able to field the same XI every match then some of the above comments about improvement or lack of it would be reasonable. Both have mitigating circumstances due to the non availability of the 7 key players for most of the season and having to constantly mix and match to try and put a team out.

The spine of the team needs sorting out however, with Mitchell, Anderson, John, Olowu, Bostock, Clayton, Close, Fejiri, Griffiths there's a good spine already on the books that would help make any managers competence less questionable.

Of course, how many of the above stay on/get fit is unknown at the moment but it's easy to see where the problems stem from.

Stick with GM see what a HoF can bring to the party.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012