Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:45:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation imminent if nothing changes  (Read 1536 times)

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
Relegation imminent if nothing changes
« on April 28, 2023, 11:19:11 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
Wow. Huge insight as to what next season is looking like!

https://thefishy.co.uk/tontable.php?table=4

The ton table shows the league table for last 100 games for the teams currently in the division, either in any league or just in this competition.

Blunt and Schofield out.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation imminent if nothing changes
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2023, 07:35:56 am by Butchers Red »
Wow. Huge insight as to what next season is looking like!

https://thefishy.co.uk/tontable.php?table=4

The ton table shows the league table for last 100 games for the teams currently in the division, either in any league or just in this competition.

Blunt and Schofield out.

That is really chilling to see - and viewing a period of that length smooths out all the blips - for gods sake Rovers do something NOW

And when you see from it our goal difference is around 170 worse than Stockport, its just desperately bad
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 07:43:05 am by Butchers Red »

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2023, 07:48:07 am by mpc123 »
It's not something the board will look at, far far far too arrogant.

We are going down next year, we can all see it, it's just far too obvious.

DS is here to stay and unfortunately that means the end of our league status  most of us have seen it before and it pretty much footballing wise looks the same.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2023, 08:05:37 am by drfchound »
There is no mistaking our situation when you look at that table.
Disgraceful how the club has been allowed to slip to such depths.
Terry Bramall, please sort our club out, you have to act now before it is too late.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 29, 2023, 08:11:12 am by Filo »
While I agree Schofield and Blunt have to go, that table represents nothing, take our case for example against teams that have been promoted from the National League, it’s no coincidence that the bottom 3 were all relegated from League 1 so naturally they would have a very poor record set against teams from the top of the National League, 2 leagues below where we were for half of the games

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 29, 2023, 08:15:23 am by drfchound »
Filo, the table does show form over 100 games.
Given that we had the bounce back promise there should not have been any reason why this season should have continued where the previous one had left off.
Not all teams which are relegated continue to fall as we have and likewise, not all promoted teams have success the following season.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 29, 2023, 08:15:40 am by mpc123 »
I think that's the point, this highlights how bad we have been

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 29, 2023, 08:20:24 am by Filo »
Given that we had the bounce back promise there should not have been any reason why this season should have continued where the previous one had left off.
Not all teams which are relegated continue to fall as we have and likewise, not all promoted teams have success the following season.

I’m not disputing we’ve been bad, what I’m trying to say is form can’t realistically be compared between teams separated by two leagues due to the quality of the opposition they faced last season.

I did say that Schofield and Blunt have to go, I acknowledge we have been bad, very bad

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 29, 2023, 08:27:27 am by drfchound »

I’m not disputing we’ve been bad, what I’m trying to say is form can’t realistically be compared between teams separated by two leagues due to the quality of the opposition they faced last season.

I did say that Schofield and Blunt have to go, I acknowledge we have been bad, very bad

Yeah, I get what you are saying.
We were only two divisions apart for forty six of those 100 games though.
We really shouldn’t have allowed our slide to continue through this season given that the club owners knew how bad things were.
In our case poor player recruitment and poor choice of manager(s) is the problem and that was avoidable.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 29, 2023, 08:40:10 am by Filo »

Yeah, I get what you are saying.
We were only two divisions apart for forty six of those 100 games though.
We really shouldn’t have allowed our slide to continue through this season given that the club owners knew how bad things were.
In our case poor player recruitment and poor choice of manager(s) is the problem and that was avoidable.

I agree entirely with your last sentence

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 29, 2023, 08:52:59 am by Campsall rover »
That table just shows where we really are.
Bottom of the pile and steadily getting worse.

New proper manager in now or the inevitable will become a reality in 12 months time.

Action needed big time.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 29, 2023, 10:48:21 am by Upton Rover »
Shocking stats that won’t improve until the source is removed

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 29, 2023, 11:02:35 am by steve@dcfd »
The stats do look bad and they are but Stockport are top as they had a good season and half in the National League and look like they will be in the playoffs this season. 4 out of the bottom five ste the teams that were relegated last season from league1.
Saying that it shows how far we have fallen from January/February 2021. Poor decision making from the top on managers poor decision making by recruitment teams in that period. But funds will have contributed to risky decision making for managers and players. We have found our level as the owner said in the autumn of 2021. Big summer if we are to turn the tide starting at the top.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2023, 11:11:05 am by mpc123 »

I understand but for me it makes no difference. We are heading to the same place they left and that's all that matters. Even to stay where we are now we would need to improve in that table or we end up where they was.

The most disappointing thing is, there is not one club below us we are not slowly getting worse we have taken a huge nose dive, which without a huge change takes a lot to turn around.

Resigning the same players we have and keeping the same shit manager is not going to do that, we seem to both agree on that one, like many others

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2023, 11:28:10 am by Barmby Rover »
Headline: FOOTBALL LEAVES THE ECOPOWER, KNIGHTS TO TAKE OVER

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 29, 2023, 04:05:44 pm by scawsby steve »
What a thoroughly disgusting indictment of our club.

As far as the apologists go on here, I hope they're not going to cite injuries as the reason over a period of 100 f*cking games.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2023, 04:42:25 pm by Lesonthewest »
What a thoroughly disgusting indictment of our club.

As far as the apologists go on here, I hope they're not going to cite injuries as the reason over a period of 100 f*cking games.

Indefensible, absolute disgrace.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2023, 05:10:00 pm by drfc1951 »

Idiot

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 29, 2023, 07:22:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Give it a rest. That is total none sense and you know it is.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 30, 2023, 10:40:39 am by Donny Exile in York »
If you go back further it would be worse as that won't include the majority of the bad run under Butler for a third of a season also. Blunt and Schofield out ASAP.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 30, 2023, 10:45:20 am by roversdude »
Give it a rest. That is total none sense and you know it is.

Barmby seems fixated on this

TinyPortal © 2005-2012