Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:15:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Party Leaflets  (Read 22406 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Party Leaflets
« Reply #30 on May 12, 2019, 12:22:15 am by DonnyOsmond »
if ' the intelligent amongst us ' are voting first and then finding out about the policies they voted for later , then this country is well and truly f@cked.

Well Nige did spend a good year going on about Norway then changing to No Deal so plenty of time to say what people voted for after.

Makes me quite worried that people are still voting for Brexit (Brexit Party) despite the lies such as the ones on the side of a bus and the comments from JRM saying any benefits wouldn't happen for over 50 years. There is literally no reason to vote Brexit, especially people in South Yorkshire. Yes, we give to the EU but then the money we get back goes in to underfunded areas which SY is near the top of that list, so why would anyone vote to give more money to people who don't want to give our area any?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 12, 2019, 12:31:39 am by Bentley Bullet »
What do you mean the people are still voting Brexit? Voting is over! Brexit won!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 12, 2019, 08:23:10 am by DonnyOsmond »
What do you mean the people are still voting Brexit? Voting is over! Brexit won!

I even put Brexit Party in brackets after Hun x

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 12, 2019, 12:20:48 pm by foxbat »
if ' the intelligent amongst us ' are voting first and then finding out about the policies they voted for later , then this country is well and truly f@cked.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 12, 2019, 08:32:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's because so many people think this country is already well and truly f**ked that they voted Brexit in the first place.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 13, 2019, 12:47:46 pm by foxbat »
'they' , apart from the tax avoiding millionaires and disaster capitalists , which won't be many in Donny , voted Brexit because they believed a lot of , pretty obvious , ( and blatantly now )  obvious  lies.
Scapegoats are very useful for some politicians , see A. Hitler, but the EU is not the cause of this Countries problems , so leaving would not only not make anything better , but ,
as the Government's own and every other economic assessment tells us , make things a lot worse.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 13, 2019, 02:14:41 pm by Axholme Lion »
'they' , apart from the tax avoiding millionaires and disaster capitalists , which won't be many in Donny , voted Brexit because they believed a lot of , pretty obvious , ( and blatantly now )  obvious  lies.
Scapegoats are very useful for some politicians , see A. Hitler, but the EU is not the cause of this Countries problems , so leaving would not only not make anything better , but ,
as the Government's own and every other economic assessment tells us , make things a lot worse.

Funny that you mention Mr Hitler, he also had a European army, they called it the Waffen SS! They had a bit of form in the Ukraine as well, just like the EU.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 13, 2019, 03:05:40 pm by MachoMadness »
The EU are back to being Nazis again. Last week they were the USSR. Next week they'll be that weird cult off the Wicker Man. I can't keep up!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 13, 2019, 03:22:46 pm by Axholme Lion »
The EU are back to being Nazis again. Last week they were the USSR. Next week they'll be that weird cult off the Wicker Man. I can't keep up!

It's the same thing. A totalitarian regime trying to bind nations with nothing in common with each other together under one banner and destroy and remnants of national identity.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 13, 2019, 03:57:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It's the same thing. A totalitarian regime trying to bind nations with nothing in common with each other together under one banner and destroy and remnants of national identity.

Jesus wept...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 13, 2019, 04:47:51 pm by wilts rover »

Fascinating, I never knew that. Which remnants of national identity is it that are being destroyed?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 15, 2019, 08:10:14 am by Not Now Kato »
It's because so many people think this country is already well and truly f**ked that they voted Brexit in the first place.

And you believe Brexit will unf**k it? If you can't see that Brexit will only make it worse then there's no help for you BB.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 15, 2019, 08:26:51 am by SydneyRover »

Fascinating, I never knew that. Which remnants of national identity is it that are being destroyed?
The Angles, Saxons and Jutes apparently Wilts.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 15, 2019, 08:59:28 am by wing commander »

And you believe Brexit will unf**k it? If you can't see that Brexit will only make it worse then there's no help for you BB.

That's your opinion Kato but its a typical remainers response...

I voted Brexit,not on what Johnson or Farage said or immigration..I voted Brexit because as a business owner I was tired of seeing my industry crushed under eu regulations,grants we were paying towards for setting up new factory's in the eu,who don't play by the same rules as we do on workers rights,wages etc etc..it's two one sided and I was tired of having to tell people they were losing there jobs because yet another manufacturing plant had opened up in Poland or Romania offering the same product at much cheaper prices because they didn't have to pay the same level of wages or have the same health and safety etc etc....

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 15, 2019, 09:52:09 am by Axholme Lion »

All of them when the EU eventually morphs into their eventual aim of a United States of Europe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/07/german-spd-leader-martinschulz-seeks-united-states-europe-2025/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 15, 2019, 10:03:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
AL

You ever visited Mississippi and Manhattan?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 15, 2019, 11:41:29 am by Axholme Lion »
AL

No, but I've just booked three nights in Goathland.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 15, 2019, 12:10:33 pm by SydneyRover »

That's your opinion Kato but its a typical remainers response...

I voted Brexit,not on what Johnson or Farage said or immigration..I voted Brexit because as a business owner I was tired of seeing my industry crushed under eu regulations,grants we were paying towards for setting up new factory's in the eu,who don't play by the same rules as we do on workers rights,wages etc etc..it's two one sided and I was tired of having to tell people they were losing there jobs because yet another manufacturing plant had opened up in Poland or Romania offering the same product at much cheaper prices because they didn't have to pay the same level of wages or have the same health and safety etc etc....
Couple of questions WC, do you see things being easier to set up a new factory inside the EU if the UK or just England is not in the EU and from your comments regarding health safety and wages would you look to reduce all of them if we go our own way?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:23:08 pm by SydneyRover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 15, 2019, 12:21:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I hope so because that is what the majority voted for. I guess I'm just one of the majority of people with no common sense.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 15, 2019, 12:25:27 pm by SydneyRover »

I hope so because that is what the majority voted for. I guess I'm just one of the majority of people with no common sense.
Well the last couple of years of reduced growth combined with Austerity is what would be coming if we do leave so at least everyone will be used to it.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 15, 2019, 12:44:01 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

So, the EU has delivered only good things for the U.K. but hasn’t contributed to any of the problems it faces?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 15, 2019, 12:44:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That could be because the uncertainty has eaten away at business confidence and investment. Once we actually do leave that could change.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 15, 2019, 12:46:19 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Well the last couple of years of reduced growth combined with Austerity is what would be coming if we do leave so at least everyone will be used to it.

Haven’t we faced austerity and low economic growth while a member of the EU?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 15, 2019, 12:50:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
AL

No, but I've just booked three nights in Goathland.

Point being that they are two components of a much closer Union than Europe will ever be, but they have kept very different cultures. Anyone who thinks there is any possibility of counties as diverse as Estonia and Portugal and Ireland and Sweden being merged into one cultural mush is away with the fairies.

But your comments do shine a light on how stupid that attitude is. There's an assumption among many Leavers that Europe consists of us Brits and them Europeans. As if Italians and Slovakians and Spaniards and Danes don't have pride in their own countries' heritage and culture.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 15, 2019, 12:55:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
Aye. It could be. Or it might not.

So why don't you look at what the overehelming majority of economists think will happen?

HA.
Aye. Of course we have. Due to the policy choices of the party who now tell us how brilliant Brexit will be for our economy. Go figure...

Austerity has hit our South Yorkshire economy so hard that that evil, thieving EU was just about to invest €3bn in SY to try to kick start our economy. That's €3bn taken from richer German and Dutch and Swedish tax payers. Bizarrely, Brexit supporters seem to think that the Tory Govt would do a better job of investing in SY.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 15, 2019, 01:05:43 pm by SydneyRover »

Haven’t we faced austerity and low economic growth while a member of the EU?
True, and that's with the benefit of being a member of the most wealthy trading bloc on the planet, I wonder what it will be like without that support, HA

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 15, 2019, 01:19:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, it doesn't matter one iota what the majority of economists think. It's not because of their poor predictions so far, it's because we democratically voted to leave the EU.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 15, 2019, 01:25:21 pm by SydneyRover »
BST, it doesn't matter one iota what the majority of economists think. It's not because of their poor predictions so far, it's because we democratically voted to leave the EU.
back into the circular argument again BB?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 15, 2019, 01:43:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It shouldn't be an argument, Sidney. I believe in democracy. All who live in this country should also. The problem is those who only believe in it when it suits.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 15, 2019, 01:49:00 pm by bobjimwilly »
The referendum was never legally binding and Brexit should never have happended on the back of such a small margin. MPs should have stood their ground and said "we respect the referendum result, obviously people aren't happy with the EU over certain issues so we will commit to enforcing change from within, oh and we're not going to f**king leave because we don't want to see the country f**ked"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012