Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:34:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Phone Contract  (Read 2697 times)

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
New Phone Contract
« on February 19, 2010, 05:29:53 pm by pkt_drfc »
Yesterday i signed a new contract and got one of these new blackberry 9700 bold took the insurance out £15 a month extra because of it being an exspensive phone. But today got a phone call on my new mobile saying they could save me money on my insurance from a company called Real Estate International me being me i thought go on then basically the first bit they got wrong they said your paying £9.99 a month i corrected them on this but they knew my name first line of my adress part of my credit card number after agreeing to they passed me on to another guy to confirm the details and told me they would be taking £45 straight away but thought because of the saving thought why not i'm saving money in the long run. After the phone call thought i best check these out so phoned carphone warhouse and they told me it was a scam company cancel your credit card so i have done this. Has anybody else had this problem

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re:New Phone Contract
« Reply #1 on February 19, 2010, 06:31:24 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I had a call to my mobile supposedly from my airtime provider asking if I wanted an upgrade, was a bit suspicious as I'd only had the contract 6 months, when the conversation went to lines of \"can you confirm your postcode dob\" etc I turned round and said \"if your my airtime provider you know these details\"

reply, we do but were asking you to confirm them,

My reply, No your not your asking me to tell you,

reply, no were not were asking you to confirm them.

my reply, well you tell me and I'll confirm them,

eventual reply, so you don't want an upgrade then,

No bugger off

anyway rang my airtime provider guess what not due an upgrade for 6 month (as I thought) no they most definetly had not rung me.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Re:New Phone Contract
« Reply #2 on February 20, 2010, 08:40:41 am by jucyberry »
Seems to me these con artists are getting more crafty by the day.. I always think if you havent requested something, then how do they know you are there... It's the same with those you have won £1000.00 things you get through the door.  How can you win something you haven't activly entered.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012