Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:32:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: british airways what a mess they are off topic  (Read 2642 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
british airways what a mess they are off topic
« on February 23, 2010, 01:21:49 pm by not on facebook »
who in their right mind would book a flight with BA in present climate.

i see they look like they 'might' be going on strike again,even if they dont go on strike would you book a flight with them with this possible strike action nagging away in back of yer head.

whenever i fly back to blighty their is two airlines i keep well away from ryanair and now BA,iam more than happy to have to pay say a extra £100 give or take when flying back to manchester with SAS than BA,at least i have peace of mind.what iam saying it will be a cold day in hell if i was to book with BA over other options

as for ryanair dont get me onto them as fcuking hate them.

about 5years ago i had no problem booking with BA,but it seems to have changed
somewhat.

dont really understand the in's and out's of the possible strikes,but not too long ago BA were asking for staff to work without pay to help rescue the airline during the so called 'credit crunch'....today all that goodwill from the staff as gone full circle it seems...how have BA management let themsens get into this position

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re:british airways what a mess they are off topic
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2010, 12:31:44 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Isnt is something to do with Cabin Crew wanting a massive wage hike for a job theyve hapily done for a number of years?

I cant imagine they are on such a poor wage already, and it itsnt exactly the most stressful/ unattractive job in the world is it?

As for BA, I would have to be desperate before I went anywhere near them. They are unbelieveably expensive - how they justify their flight prices I will never know.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2010, 05:11:52 pm by Muttley »
TWD - BA aren't marketed at the average punter wanting 2 weeks on the Costa Del Whatever or a stag weekend in Prague, the vast majority of their revenue comes from business travellers to whom the price is not such a big issue, connectivity and convenient departure times plus good service on board are far more important.

From what I've heard the strike is about BA reducing staffing numbers on flights, so less people to do the same job in the same amount of time. Think I'd be up in arms if they tried to do that with my job.

They're probably on a decent wage but imo they earn it - on long haul flights they actually work very hard , not really comparable to your average Ryanair trolley dolly.

I don't usually fly with BA, preferring KLM and Air France, but as luck would have it I'm flying to Angola with BA tomorrow - keep your fingers crossed for me!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2010, 09:36:53 pm by BobG »
I flew all over Europe with BA for several years. Top quality atuff. Not cheap, but good. What's happening now is a reduction in staff which will quite possibly lead to a reduction in the quality of sevice. For an airline that prides itself, and markets itself, as a quality airline, that rings some very ominous bells. Without the quality they lose one of their two major selling points. I'd fight that. So give up with the 'massive wage hike' rubbish TWD!

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012