Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:34:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Food Industry Wants You Fat  (Read 2571 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
The Food Industry Wants You Fat
« on March 02, 2010, 12:11:54 pm by River Don »
Interesting show on TV last night, following on from Really Disgusting Foods that had a thread on here  the other week.

It's particularly an eye opener to see how the Government flatly refuse to discuss issues like hidden sugar in food and even the existence of Burger King outlets in hospitals.

Andy Burnham MP the Secretary of State for Health comes across particularly badly. As do Morrissons supermarkets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nj6xc/Mischief_Who_Made_Me_Fat/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Re:The Food Industry Wants You Fat
« Reply #1 on March 02, 2010, 06:24:11 pm by jucyberry »
Too many people rely on convenience foods, the art of simple home cooked meals seems to have dwindled. I guess the advent of the home freezer in the seventies has played it's part too..

i read an article the other day about the quality of food, and many of the comments left after it bemoaned the loss of domestic science classes in secondry education..Perhaps kids are taught different things these days?

I can't eat processed pizza, for me as I don't eat salt they are unbearably salty.. We always make our own. it's ok to have the odd stand by meal in the freezer, and for some kids like my Tyler it is a tussle to get them to eat anything healthy.
As I have said before, I know I am lucky in that I sell top quality meat, and cheaper than all of the other three butchers in the village.. but even if I didn't I don't think I would use freezer food. You don't have to spend a fortune to get a good meal, just shop wisely.

and for those who say they haven't time to cook from scratch because they work full time....Well so do I..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012