Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:55:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Garrick club  (Read 3531 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Garrick club
« Reply #90 on April 06, 2024, 04:38:39 pm by scawsby steve »
Syd, how many female leaders have the Labour Party had?

In your own time.

You don't have to be scared of women just because they're smarter than you Steve

You really are the most stupid person I've come across.

Stop acting daft, and just answer the f*cking question I asked.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 06, 2024, 05:48:54 pm by tyke1962 »
I support meritocracy but at present the house is stacked against women. I'm trying to show that it is important that if several people apply for a position and are equally qualified it shouldn't matter whether you are female, male or which school you went to for that matter, all should have equal opportunity.

The mistake you liberals make with your identity politics is to assume that gender , sexuality and skin colour are the only reason why people don't always make it to the top .

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 06, 2024, 05:54:44 pm by Iberian Red »
How did a thread about equality get hijacked and descend into insults?
Rhetorical.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 06, 2024, 05:55:34 pm by Iberian Red »
When I used to vote Labour,by God a woman knew her place.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 06, 2024, 08:03:08 pm by SydneyRover »

In your own time.

You don't have to be scared of women just because they're smarter than you Steve

Isn't it just banter Steve, you did tell me that again the other day, oh that's right it's just you and the peanut gallery that make the rules right?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 06, 2024, 08:10:39 pm by Sprotyrover »

In your own time.

Isn't it just banter Steve, you did tell me that again the other day, oh that's right it's just you and the peanut gallery that make the rules right?
13677 shite posts Sydders, haven’t you got a life/wife down there in workers Utopia?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 06, 2024, 08:20:13 pm by SydneyRover »
I support meritocracy but at present the house is stacked against women. I'm trying to show that it is important that if several people apply for a position and are equally qualified it shouldn't matter whether you are female, male or which school you went to for that matter, all should have equal opportunity.

The mistake you liberals make with your identity politics is to assume that gender , sexuality and skin colour are the only reason why people don't always make it to the top .

I see you don't have an answer so you try to divert and start an argument, it's your modus operandi tyke.

I guess you can take heart from all the others around doing exactly the same
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:24:48 pm by SydneyRover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 06, 2024, 08:55:51 pm by drfchound »
Says the king of not responding!!
We won at Morecambe today Syd, 3-0 by the way.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on April 06, 2024, 09:07:43 pm by scawsby steve »
Rhetorical.

Because a certain poster was asked why the Labour Party, who are supposed to be the champions of equality, have never elected a female leader.

As usual, he refused to answer.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on April 06, 2024, 09:12:01 pm by SydneyRover »
Rhetorical.

Because a certain poster was asked why the Labour Party, who are supposed to be the champions of equality, have never elected a female leader.

was it the same when you voted labour Steve?

even working together in a flock and pooling brain cells it's still only single figures we're talking about aye?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 09:17:25 pm by SydneyRover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 06, 2024, 09:15:00 pm by drfchound »
Rhetorical.

was it the same when you voted labour Steve?

But Steve hasn’t been complaining about Labour not having female leaders Syd, or that voting Labour would make things like that change.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 11:40:11 pm by drfchound »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 06, 2024, 10:36:52 pm by tyke1962 »

I see you don't have an answer so you try to divert and start an argument, it's your modus operandi tyke.

Poor old Syd , you don't  even know what it is you claim to stand up for .

You claim to stand up for equal opportunities for individuals irrespective of gender , race , sexuality or religious beliefs which is fine .

Except that's not what progressives are actually doing today but you support this as well .

Today progressives campaign for equal outcomes for groups , Black Lives Matter is the standout example .

They are conflicting ideologies .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on April 06, 2024, 11:00:48 pm by SydneyRover »

You claim to stand up for equal opportunities for individuals irrespective of gender , race , sexuality or religious beliefs which is fine .

Except that's not what progressives are actually doing today but you support this as well .

Today progressives campaign for equal outcomes for groups , Black Lives Matter is the standout example .

hope not hate tyke

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on April 07, 2024, 08:36:44 am by tyke1962 »

hope not hate tyke

That's another campaign for equal outcomes for groups Syd .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on April 08, 2024, 12:20:49 am by SydneyRover »

hope not hate tyke

May 2 and General Election a little later and Alfie May is rumoured to be a Starmer admirer.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 07:28:41 am by SydneyRover »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 08, 2024, 12:41:25 pm by tyke1962 »

hope not hate tyke

May 2 and General Election a little later and Alfie May is rumoured to be a Starmer admirer.

Please tell me you aren’t attempting to take credit for the striker you let go for nowt and becoming the best striker in league one whilst you got relegated to league two on the back of his two superb goals on Saturday ?

Even the tories aren’t that shameless

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on April 08, 2024, 01:33:51 pm by SydneyRover »
No, I'm trying to second guess every possible thing you could blame labour for.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 08, 2024, 08:45:24 pm by ncRover »
Sydney your links your trusty Guardian search bar has found show that lots of progress is being made so thank you for helping me with my point.

Because of such rapid progress in a short space of time for women and their careers I will ask you again - What barriers exist to women in obtaining top jobs *right now*?

Societal and cultural changes will of course take a while to filter through in to the statistics, people don’t just magically become a top boss straight away.

According to the Equality Act 2010 in the United Kingdom, men and women performing equal work must receive equal pay.

Here is one overlooked factor. “Among women born in 1975 who completed their childbearing years in 2020, 18% remained childless, while 17% had only one child”. So that means 65% of women had 2 or more children. With that comes x2 9 months maternity leave and then likely looking for part-time roles to balance motherhood with a career. I would argue that this is a bigger factor in the gender pay gap than “evil men” conspiring to make it so. That factor would give us a far smaller pool of women who can make the sacrifices necessary in life to get a top FTSE CEO job? But of course there are more ways to value someone than just the wage they earn.

Women are increasingly seeing their career as a more important priority in life and society emphasises that.

My mate who lives in Melbourne, Australia works down the mines and says that it is a sexist country. With all the men mining and all the women doing the domestic stuff. That’s just anecdotal though.

In the UK last year 96% of all workplace fatalities were men. In the US over 90% of individuals working in the 4 most hazardous jobs are men. Is that because of gender inequality or is it because men are more likely to take up such roles due to physical strength and risk-taking behaviour? Would it be progress to get more women to take up risky jobs?

Another example is more women working in care and education. Is that inequality or just the interests and skills required in those fields coming more naturally to women (many studies have found that women have far higher empathy than men).

There’s a lot to it. But tyke is right to bring that up. Not every inequality of outcome in life is due to inequality of opportunity.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on April 08, 2024, 09:09:43 pm by SydneyRover »
Hi nc before I read the whole of your discourse you'll have to explain what you mean by rapid progress as you appear to only have recently become aware that there is a problem.

''Because of such rapid progress in a short space of time for women and their careers''

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on April 08, 2024, 09:13:05 pm by ncRover »
I think what a lot of men are missing is that if we get the smartest of women in the top positions the country will benefit as a whole. Having exclusive blokey clubs ends up with mates looking after mates.

What barriers exist at present for smart women getting in to top roles in this country?

(I’m not necessarily saying there isn’t I’m just picking your brains and we’ll go from there)

I'm really surprised I have to educate you on this nc

''Women hold 42% of board seats at big UK firms, but just 10 are FTSE 100 bosses. Women occupy more than two in five seats on the boards of the UK's biggest listed companies but there are still “too few” in top positions with just 10 female FTSE 100 chief executives, according to a report.27 Feb 2024''

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/feb/27/women-board-seats-uk-firms-ftse-100-bosses#:~:text=1%20month%20old-,Women%20hold%2042%25%20of%20board%20seats%20at%20big%20UK%20firms,10%20are%20FTSE%20100%20bosses&text=Women%20occupy%20more%20than%20two,executives%2C%20according%20to%20a%20report.

The evidence provided in this article. With regards to FTSE CEO’s at least.

You also put up another post that talked about the fact the gender pay gap was closing.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on April 08, 2024, 09:18:07 pm by SydneyRover »
Yes but this isn't new it's been like this forever, no?

Hint: it harks from a time when physical strength was a more dominant factor than brains ...

although .......
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:23:09 pm by SydneyRover »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on April 08, 2024, 09:22:22 pm by ncRover »
Yes but this isn't new it's been like this forever, no?

Did you make it past the first paragraph of my post?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on April 08, 2024, 09:23:40 pm by SydneyRover »
No, I said

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 08, 2024, 09:28:44 pm by ncRover »
“In the UK last year…”

The US stat is taken from 2019 -

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-conscious/202104/why-do-men-have-the-most-dangerous-jobs

What do you mean “although…”?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on April 08, 2024, 09:35:49 pm by SydneyRover »
Don't keep giving me text to read, tell me what you think, I never get the idea when you write on off topic that it's you that's talking. The links especially for this subject are only required to support the numbers that exist that show that women are second class to men and archaic instances such as the garrick club, the rest is out there in every day life.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on April 08, 2024, 09:39:43 pm by SydneyRover »
the 'although bit is general and it means that men still want to rule by bullying and it shows on both boards quite often, although there is an 'although' for women in this case as it does occurs with them also.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on April 09, 2024, 07:11:17 pm by tyke1962 »
the 'although bit is general and it means that men still want to rule by bullying and it shows on both boards quite often, although there is an 'although' for women in this case as it does occurs with them also.

Question for you Sydney .

Christine Largarde former head of the IMF and current President of the European Central Bank once said

" the financial crash wouldn't have happened had it been Lehman Sisters "

What do you think she meant ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on April 10, 2024, 01:17:01 am by SydneyRover »
question to you tyky wiky, have you made a comment on topic yet?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on April 10, 2024, 03:36:50 am by SydneyRover »
On cue we have the apoplectic murdoch media (advisedly) and the 'right' finding offence with the appointment of a female governor-general, in the past this position has gone to someone living on welfare at buck house or ex-military etc .......

(correction friends of buck house)

''Viceregal controversies aren't new but Sam Mostyn's appointment took the outrage to new levels''

.......... ''There have to date been 27 governors-general of this federation. One of them, Dame Quentin Bryce, has been female. The addition of another does not, to a rational eye, even faintly confirm an emerging new underclass of judicial and military gentlemen crushed under the merciless Jimmy Choos of a new skirtocracy''

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-10/sam-mostyn-governor-general-viceregal-drama/103686858
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:23:11 am by SydneyRover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on April 10, 2024, 10:59:42 am by Sprotyrover »
On cue we have the apoplectic murdoch media (advisedly) and the 'right' finding offence with the appointment of a female governor-general, in the past this position has gone to someone living on welfare at buck house or ex-military etc .......

(correction friends of buck house)

''Viceregal controversies aren't new but Sam Mostyn's appointment took the outrage to new levels''

.......... ''There have to date been 27 governors-general of this federation. One of them, Dame Quentin Bryce, has been female. The addition of another does not, to a rational eye, even faintly confirm an emerging new underclass of judicial and military gentlemen crushed under the merciless Jimmy Choos of a new skirtocracy''

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-10/sam-mostyn-governor-general-viceregal-drama/103686858
Perhaps your time would be better served by campaigning for things that are relevant to you and your fellow Aussies such as the rights of the indigenous Population, you could probably claim indigenous ancestry” my grandma came from a tribe that lived in the area of Doncaster (Oz)”like so many other like minded scrounges have !
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:02:42 am by Sprotyrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012