Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:15:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not seen at football grounds anymore  (Read 4490 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Not seen at football grounds anymore
« Reply #30 on March 07, 2017, 10:26:41 pm by Filo »
Invalid carriages.

The 3 wheel cars..

Correct

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 08, 2017, 12:12:22 am by RedJ »
Piss stains from people having a slash against the back of the stand?

Where the fcuk  or how would I store/keep  a piss stain from back in BV days today.

Pair of trainers or the like. Mine met their end at Brentford four years ago...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 08, 2017, 07:44:06 am by idler »
You could have said decent refs but that would be too easy.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 08, 2017, 07:44:45 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Players in black football boots

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 08, 2017, 08:10:10 am by not on facebook »
Try this one

They was seen at every football league ground .

Sometimes they was used but many times they was not used.

You  never notice them arrive at the ground and leave the ground too,they was just allways there.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 08, 2017, 08:14:04 am by IDM »
St Johns Ambulances..

Hence the chant "there's going to be a nasty accident, someone's going home in a st john's ambulance"

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 08, 2017, 08:29:48 am by idler »
Ambulances?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 08, 2017, 08:32:13 am by Donnywolf »
Stretchers !

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 08, 2017, 08:46:06 am by not on facebook »
St Johns ambulance men was the answer ,well done mr IDM

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 08, 2017, 10:16:26 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Everybody noticed the time they were delayed getting to the Keepmoat and the match couldn't start without them being there. The match eventually kicked off around about what should have been halftime... The bloke on the PA dug up some cracking pisstake tunes whilst we were waiting as I remember...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 08, 2017, 10:23:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
Remember when Away fans all over the country were kept locked in until the home fans had left the stadium? .........All apart from us silly buggers at Belle Vue who had to do it differently...................The home fans were locked in until the away fans had left!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 08, 2017, 10:29:36 am by Donnywolf »
Everybody noticed the time they were delayed getting to the Keepmoat and the match couldn't start without them being there. The match eventually kicked off around about what should have been halftime... The bloke on the PA dug up some cracking pisstake tunes whilst we were waiting as I remember...

Yeah I was and am still perplexed by that KO delay

We couldn't kick off because only 1 Ambulance was in attendance at the Ground and there has to be 2 in case of a serious injury.

If there is one one Ambulance goes off to Hospital with Player but at that point there is then just one Ambulance on Site again - so why is there not a delay again ?

I know this is statistically "rare" but I never recall having to wait till a replacement turns up for the departed Ambulance ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 08, 2017, 10:30:08 am by Donnywolf »
Rattles and Rosettes ?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:34:25 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 08, 2017, 11:40:09 am by IDM »

Scunny on new years day a few seasons back??

I remember it was bloody cold, but at least we won the game!

ballysbackin

« Reply #44 on March 08, 2017, 12:43:03 pm by ballysbackin »
Remember when Away fans all over the country were kept locked in until the home fans had left the stadium? .........All apart from us silly buggers at Belle Vue who had to do it differently...................The home fans were locked in until the away fans had left!

On that, it never dawned on anybody I suppose but the Home fans knew the routes for away fans and would be hiding in ambush.  One time whilst on duty at Rosso End at BV we had locked the Huddersfield fans in until Donny fans left first - Yes it was that way sometimes. Well theses Hudders mob, kicked and charged the tin gates with the chains around them until they eventually burst open, think that might have something to do with it. Then again we went to Telford one year in the Conference, there had been scrapping before the game with Shrewsbury fans, at the away end Donny fans actually broke into the ground as I recall there were about 1,000 fans and only one gate open for people to pay for entry.

At Leek Town on a New Years Day we were herded into side stand and the Stewards were from Stoke City, they stood at the wall at the end of the game and forced or tried to force everybody through a gate about 7 foot high by 4 foot wide it was very dangerous, and the chant was. "Is this what happened at Hillsborough" ?  Happy Days.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 08, 2017, 02:10:15 pm by not on facebook »
That one at Telford ,the Kick off was delayed for about 15mins untill all the rovers fans got into the ground ,I thought that that was a nice touch.

ballysbackin

« Reply #46 on March 08, 2017, 02:36:55 pm by ballysbackin »
Better than after the match, being routed around the back of the ground over muddy fields to the main road and in the opposite direction to where the busses were parked. and being video recorded by the Police as the numbers wer spaced out on the route in distances, Must have been because they had other video evidence of previous fight and also the damage. (Being a Policeman myself before I retired I got asked all sorts of questions as to why). Simple answer was if you have not done anything wrong then do not worry) SIMPLES

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 08, 2017, 03:58:12 pm by not on facebook »
That punch up with shrewsbury lads started because ahrewsbury lads came to Telford looking for the ddr.

Just about all the lads were drinking in that nice pub just outside Telfords ground ,think it was called the bulls head. If

There was still about 5 ddr lads in the previous pub which was way up that long road that served the ground.

About 30 shreswbury went into the said pub and the 5 ddr lads were comming unstuck somewhat.

They got kicked and punched out of the pub and followed down the road towards the bull .the ddr lads had been on the phone to rest of lads in the bull and were told to bring the shrewsbury lot towards the bull pub .

On the road outside that bull pub is where the shrewsbury lot received payback tenfold. Even recall a shrewsbury big lump saying that he was a 'shrewsbury white' in the hope he get some sort of pass .

The same big lump was more than up for it in the pub up the road and was last seen scampering off behind the police for protection.

We all went on the train so had no real stress getting back to train station.

Got to say that that bulls head pub was a great pub.

Sorry if this post upsets some

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 08, 2017, 05:32:57 pm by idler »
 ;)Can't see many Shrews fans reading this.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 08, 2017, 06:06:04 pm by not on facebook »
Bally1950 you say that you was a bobby and worked doncaster games.

I have to ask if you worked the sometime as pc Patterson .

PC Patterson was the Doncaster police officer who job was to keep
an eye on the ddr lads.

If police today could rule like he did the streets would be a lot more safer that's for sure .

He had a side kick called PC brookshaw who was not half the animal but just as effective .

If PC Patterson did today on how used to deal with the ddr lads back in the day all the PC brigade would be screaming blue murder .we all just took it as part and parcel and lived with it.

Recall when we played  maccelsfield away in the cup I think it was and
I ran a coach.PC patterson stopped the coach outside ward brithers and got on it and said he is not going he is not going and he is not going .

He basically dragged 3 or 4 lads off the coach and bullied them back into town.he then returned to the coach and said ' I will be waiting with the maccelsfield police on the main road and get this coach turned back.

With gave the coach driver another £20 to take us into macc via a different route.

As the coach got 1@ mins from macc alll lads got off and went into a pub.,while 5 of us stayed with the coach down to the ground.

We thorn walked back to the pub about 25 min walk and we kept on seeing PC Patterson in the back of a macc police car driving up and down looking for 50 odd donny lads.he was not a happy bunny going on his looks.

At about 14:00 he found us all in the pub and said 'non of you lot will get into the ground as I will be stood on the away end gates and you all will be refused entry into the ground'

With the above all the lads paid into the maccelsfield seats .

If PC patterson said jump you would jump

If a policeman says today jump he gets told to fcuk off as I have human rights.

Bring back the policemen just like PC Patterson I say

ballysbackin

« Reply #50 on March 08, 2017, 06:12:33 pm by ballysbackin »
That punch up with shrewsbury lads started because ahrewsbury lads came to Telford looking for the ddr.

Just about all the lads were drinking in that nice pub just outside Telfords ground ,think it was called the bulls head. If

There was still about 5 ddr lads in the previous pub which was way up that long road that served the ground.

Does not upset me, I think it was The Bull we were in, two bus loads from Thorne.. After the game we stopped off in Ripley, nice place but a boat load of idiots wanted to have a go, we convinced them without laying a finger on them that it would be better if they just left, the main culprit was a bloke in his late forties with three twenty somethings in tow. He would not take "Go away" simply, so it was said a bit louder and he got the point. He left the Market Place if that is what you call the centre of Ripley. The landlords were fine, this was about 6.15pm. All we wanted was a pint and we honestly never laid a fist on anyone, but it was there for the taking.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 08, 2017, 06:16:25 pm by goalkick »
Bicycles that used to be left for a small fee at the houses in belle vue avenue.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 08, 2017, 06:18:12 pm by not on facebook »
Funny how you lot stopped off in ripley for a drink as we all stopped off in derby and had a few beers.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 08, 2017, 06:20:09 pm by not on facebook »
Bicycles that used to be left for a small fee at the houses in belle vue avenue.

Fcuk me goalkick ,you must have fought in the WW1

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 08, 2017, 06:28:28 pm by esdailles left foot »
Sportsmanship

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 08, 2017, 06:40:35 pm by not on facebook »
Di canio when he picked the ball up as west were attacking against Everton when a Everton player was laid out injured.

Think it was Robbie fowler when arsenal v lpool game and Iam sure after been tackled just outside arsenal penalty box ref blew to give free kick to lpool ,to which fowler said ' no it was a good tackle and no free kick'.

That's the only two that I can recall in last 10 seasons of the prem,which is a sad case

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 08, 2017, 07:35:56 pm by Filo »
Bally1950 you say that you was a bobby and worked doncaster games.

I have to ask if you worked the sometime as pc Patterson .

PC Patterson was the Doncaster police officer who job was to keep
an eye on the ddr lads.

If police today could rule like he did the streets would be a lot more safer that's for sure .

He had a side kick called PC brookshaw who was not half the animal but just as effective .

If PC Patterson did today on how used to deal with the ddr lads back in the day all the PC brigade would be screaming blue murder .we all just took it as part and parcel and lived with it.

Recall when we played  maccelsfield away in the cup I think it was and
I ran a coach.PC patterson stopped the coach outside ward brithers and got on it and said he is not going he is not going and he is not going .

He basically dragged 3 or 4 lads off the coach and bullied them back into town.he then returned to the coach and said ' I will be waiting with the maccelsfield police on the main road and get this coach turned back.

With gave the coach driver another £20 to take us into macc via a different route.

As the coach got 1@ mins from macc alll lads got off and went into a pub.,while 5 of us stayed with the coach down to the ground.

We thorn walked back to the pub about 25 min walk and we kept on seeing PC Patterson in the back of a macc police car driving up and down looking for 50 odd donny lads.he was not a happy bunny going on his looks.

At about 14:00 he found us all in the pub and said 'non of you lot will get into the ground as I will be stood on the away end gates and you all will be refused entry into the ground'

With the above all the lads paid into the maccelsfield seats .

If PC patterson said jump you would jump

If a policeman says today jump he gets told to fcuk off as I have human rights.

Bring back the policemen just like PC Patterson I say

Patterson still goes Rovers, as a fan these days, seen him a couple of times last season

ballysbackin

« Reply #57 on March 08, 2017, 08:47:44 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes. Graham is and has been a big mate of mine before he worked in town. I was a Thorne in those days then Armthorpe and other highlights. BUT yes you are right, I am the same old school as Graham and have been told many times over the years that I would get the sack every day, as Graham and I were old school. Ray Brookshaw and I were on the same shift at Thorne and caused mayhem. It was good clean fun. Where else would people come out of a pub (The Punch Bowl) and walk past the Police Station on Durham Ave to be pelted by snow balls being thrown by Bobbies.

Good fun and very fair, You may not realise but perhaps when he got on the bus he was actually doing you a favour. Brookie was madder than Patto.  Yes you are also right Patto is a Season ticket holder and I see him many times, the other week met up with him and another five ex town bobbies talking near to East stand.. Boy can we tell the tales.  Even Coppers are Human and many should remember that point.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 08, 2017, 08:52:00 pm by Filo »
Yes. Graham is and has been a big mate of mine before he worked in town. I was a Thorne in those days then Armthorpe and other highlights. BUT yes you are right, I am the same old school as Graham and have been told many times over the years that I would get the sack every day, as Graham and I were old school. Ray Brookshaw and I were on the same shift at Thorne and caused mayhem. It was good clean fun. Where else would people come out of a pub (The Punch Bowl) and walk past the Police Station on Durham Ave to be pelted by snow balls being thrown by Bobbies.

Good fun and very fair, You may not realise but perhaps when he got on the bus he was actually doing you a favour. Brookie was madder than Patto.  Yes you are also right Patto is a Season ticket holder and I see him many times, the other week met up with him and another five ex town bobbies talking near to East stand.. Boy can we tell the tales.  Even Coppers are Human and many should remember that point.

Patterson used to stand on main stand terrace at BV just in front of where I stood, with two other ex bobbies, one was a thick set bloke bald head, I think he stopped going because he had heart problems

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 08, 2017, 09:38:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Mostly on the whitewashed perimeter walls around the pitch, the alphabet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012