Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:48:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not seen at football grounds anymore  (Read 4491 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: Not seen at football grounds anymore
« Reply #60 on March 08, 2017, 09:39:16 pm by not on facebook »
It seemed after PC Pattersons and PC brookshaws days that the police changed their policy on how to deal the problems at football all through out the country .

Sure it was PC baker followed by  PC Evans that filled PC pattersons boots.where PC Patterson and PC brookshaw would rule by fear and iron fist treatment ,the likes of PCs baker and evo would get a lot more closer to you .

It was their job to know your full name and personal details about you it seemed.they would stop you in town on non match days and strike up a chin wag.

Come into the pub on match days and point certain facts out to you .there was things that PC evo did to help the ddr that PC Patterson would never have done .

Like at Hereford away in conference when 30 of us managed to get onto Hereford Main Street after police had all roads watched into Hereford with plan to turn our coach back.

Hereford police rounded us all up and said we are taking you lot straight down to the ground and open the gates early for you.PC evo  spoke out and said ' your not putting my lads straight into the ground find a pub for them as they need a drink'

They put us in a pub that was normally used by Herefords lads who were round the other pubs hunting us down .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

« Reply #61 on March 09, 2017, 07:08:27 am by ballysbackin »
ASs I say. Coppers are normal too.... On my gangs away days I was usually the first in and last out a pub. Somebody had to do the shitty jobs. Yes you say after Patto and Brooky left it was different, I been out nearly 16 years after health problems again as others, it was caused by the job mainly. But Dear me how this Country has nose dived..No Discipline. blah blah - no I will not go on.

The point is at Patto and Brooky's time (same as mine as it was at the same period of history) things were very different in this country and that does include football matches. People complain about Stewards but it is done to reduce costs for clubs against the Police Bills. Some Stewards do not have the common sense to know how to speak to Irate fans, it is ok when things are calm and happy but it is a lot different when the wheel comes off.

Grounds are more Safety Conscious mainly these days but too late for many. I do not always agree with segregation because although you may get a punch up , the fans of each club who have a drink in a pub together or who would be allowed to be standing or sitting together (AS Rugby Fans are) then they Police the games themselves.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 09, 2017, 08:46:00 am by Goole Rover »
I wouldn't have had your job for all the tea in China Mick. Policing drunken idiots at matches would test my patience. The problem is without any shadow of doubt drink, lack of respect by people who have never been further than Plymouth. A spell in HM forces may broaden their horizons convincing some that it's not big to abuse the hard pressed stewards and police also to make life difficult for the general public. Small minded people with little experience of the big wide world.

ballysbackin

« Reply #63 on March 09, 2017, 10:18:24 am by ballysbackin »
I wouldn't have had your job for all the tea in China Mick. Policing drunken idiots at matches would test my patience. The problem is without any shadow of doubt drink, lack of respect by people who have never been further than Plymouth. A spell in HM forces may broaden their horizons convincing some that it's not big to abuse the hard pressed stewards and police also to make life difficult for the general public. Small minded people with little experience of the big wide world.

Thank you for that.. I did sometimes wonder "What the Hell am I doing here" and "Why Me - but then I remembered an old Bobby telling me in 1974 when I joined something along the lines "Well lad you should have thought about that before you joined " I had a lot of respect for him and others nearing his retirement age because they had been in the War and were disciplined. We may all laugh at Heartbeat etc but believe me  that walk down to the Sergeants Office when he sent for you was a bit nervy to say the least.

But hey hoe, I survived.......Happy Days  :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012