Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:34:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keep the Faith!  (Read 2346 times)

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
Keep the Faith!
« on January 03, 2012, 06:06:52 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Hi to all rovers fans, been reading the posts on here for a long time now and finally decided to join and hopefully get my own opninion into the mixer.

Can i just ask why so many rovers fans are so negative still after a great win against barnsley?

I will probabley get slated for asking this but i feel it needs to be said.

Keep the faith and get behind the team,

RTID

Dan

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Keep the Faith!
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2012, 06:26:40 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Dan,

Welcome to the forum, if you've been reading posts for a while you'll know that there are a few people who have pretty fixed views and will attempt to use any situation to justify their stance.

Whilst extreme and polar opposite views generate a lit of heat,  they don't do a lt else, personally I'm more interested in hearing the views of lots of people to make sure that when the VSC take issues up with the club it's because there is a genuine groundswell of opinion not just the hot air generated by a few.

N your real pint about positivity, I agree that there is always a tendency to look at the glass as half empty, for me as LNG as we are in the Championship we are punching above our weight and I'm enjoying the rollercoaster ride. I would be more worried f I was in somevf the other clubs position who don't seem to have any plan B.

:rtid:

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2012, 06:30:50 pm by Standanista »
Welcome aboard Dan. :welcome:

Three home wins on the bounce, turning down multi-million pound bids for our players and El-Hadji Diouf just signed an 18 month contract extension: plenty of faith here. :)

COMMMMMMEONNNNNNNNYOUUUREDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS!

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2012, 06:34:30 pm by dumbroofer »
the faith is kept young dan,it aint over till the fat lady sings,but only beating the dingles 2-0 we should be disgusted,only joking there.

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2012, 06:35:37 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Cheers for the welcome guys!

I agree with what you both are saying, just been thinking that if the rovers players do read everything on this page and all they see is negatively, then can we expect them to do well on the pitch if us fans are supporting them.

I believe we will stay up if all us fans go and get behind the team for the cup match on sat and go in the singing stand and show how good our fans can be.

Regards

Dan

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2012, 07:55:52 pm by jonnydog »
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum.

We're not all pesimistic. So the more positive posters on here the better!!

It's a shame that so many new posters start their first post including the comment \"I'll probably get slated for this...\" there's been a couple now who have been long-term readers, but only just posted, in fear of being crucified from the off.

We all have difference in opinion, which is fair enough and keeps discussions healthy, but we're all ROVERS TILL WE DIE!

:scarf:

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2012, 08:32:27 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=208361
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum.

We're not all pesimistic. So the more positive posters on here the better!!

It's a shame that so many new posters start their first post including the comment \"I'll probably get slated for this...\" there's been a couple now who have been long-term readers, but only just posted, in fear of being crucified from the off.

We all have difference in opinion, which is fair enough and keeps discussions healthy, but we're all ROVERS TILL WE DIE!

Hi Jonnydog, cheers for the welcome.

Yes i agree with what you say, different opinions are healthy but sometimes ive seen people slating our team (our fans) after great wins, we are punching above are weight but still fans find the negatives over the positives.

I believe if the fans were more positive and got behind the team more i dont think we will have a probkem in staying up

RTID :rtid:

Dan

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2012, 08:53:02 pm by inSODwetrust »
Hi Dan,

Big question for ya.

Benaldo or Madmick?

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2012, 02:04:29 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=208392
Hi Dan,

Big question for ya.

Benaldo or Madmick?

Rather not say mate, dont want any haters just yet :)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2012, 03:28:14 pm by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"DGilbrideDRFC\" post=208623
Hi Dan,

Big question for ya.

Benaldo or Madmick?

... What about this one??

[attachment=925]images.jpg[/attachment]

;)

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 04, 2012, 04:25:11 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=208655
Quote from: \"DGilbrideDRFC\" post=208623
Hi Dan,

Big question for ya.

Benaldo or Madmick?

... What about this one??

[attachment=925]images.jpg[/attachment]

;)

Will always be a legend in my eyes mate.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 04, 2012, 06:11:39 pm by benaldo »
Hi Dan,

Big question for ya.

Benaldo or Madmick?

That's like asking - Being poked in the eye or being kicked up the harris?

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 04, 2012, 08:04:04 pm by whisky »
Hi,
Just signed up myself after reading the forum for about a year. My main reason for finally signing up and posting is I believe the club needs all the support it can get at this time. As the main topic of conversation seems to be the new Mckay policy I will firstly make my feelings clear on the subject. I was behind the new strategy from the start. As far as I see it, John Ryan knows more about running a football club than I ever will, he loves the Rovers as much as I do and for me that will always be enough. Some fans feel they have the right to demand a personal explanation on everything regarding the club when really they don't, you either trust the chairman has the clubs best interest at heart or you don't. As long as we have John Ryan as our chairman, I really don't have to worry about what is taking place off the pitch, and I can fully enjoy what is happening on the pitch.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 04, 2012, 08:07:34 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"whisky\" post=208758
Hi,
Just signed up myself after reading the forum for about a year. My main reason for finally signing up and posting is I believe the club needs all the support it can get at this time. As the main topic of conversation seems to be the new Mckay policy I will firstly make my feelings clear on the subject. I was behind the new strategy from the start. As far as I see it, John Ryan knows more about running a football club than I ever will, he loves the Rovers as much as I do and for me that will always be enough. Some fans feel they have the right to demand a personal explanation on everything regarding the club when really they don't, you either trust the chairman has the clubs best interest at heart or you don't. As long as we have John Ryan as our chairman, I really don't have to worry about what is taking place off the pitch, and I can fully enjoy what is happening on the pitch.

welcome to the forum whisky, good to have you on board.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 04, 2012, 08:09:05 pm by jonnydog »
Hi,

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum Mr Ryan :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see more positive newcomers on here. Soon we will be awash with optimism and happiness... RedJ might even be able to introduce his theme tune for the vsc home page.
(take it away RJ) ;)

:rtid: :scarf: :rtid: :scarf: :rtid:

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 04, 2012, 08:21:29 pm by whisky »
Welcome to the forum Mr Ryan  

I'm glad to see more positive newcomers on here. Soon we will be awash with optimism and happiness... RedJ might even be able to introduce his theme tune for the vsc home page.

(take it away RJ)  

How did you guess ? I was so subtle. :cry:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 04, 2012, 08:25:01 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=208761
Hi,

(take it away RJ) ;)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sKH8yjVsM[/video]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 04, 2012, 08:46:23 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Hi,
Just signed up myself after reading the forum for about a year. My main reason for finally signing up and posting is I believe the club needs all the support it can get at this time. As the main topic of conversation seems to be the new Mckay policy I will firstly make my feelings clear on the subject. I was behind the new strategy from the start. As far as I see it, John Ryan knows more about running a football club than I ever will, he loves the Rovers as much as I do and for me that will always be enough. Some fans feel they have the right to demand a personal explanation on everything regarding the club when really they don't, you either trust the chairman has the clubs best interest at heart or you don't. As long as we have John Ryan as our chairman, I really don't have to worry about what is
taking place off the pitch, and I can fully enjoy what is happening on the pitch.

Totally agree with you there mate, John Ryan got us to where we are today. He needs to support and the negative fans need to sort themselves out because it doesnt help the team one bit. With our club overspending we had to do someone and people still moan about the new stategy eventhough we have signed good players such as EHD who i never thought i would see playing for us.

Hopefully the west stand singing stand on saturday will be rocking

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 04, 2012, 09:32:05 pm by vaya »
'Keep the Faith'...'singing'....'rocking'?

Admit it, this is a secret Bon Jovi thread.

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 04, 2012, 09:40:39 pm by sheffieldROVER »
Hi,

ha ha classic!! nice one

(take it away RJ) ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 04, 2012, 11:09:40 pm by hoolahoop »
Great to see all the pro-strategy posters signing up all at once. ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 04, 2012, 11:23:02 pm by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=208765
Hi,

(take it away RJ) ;)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sKH8yjVsM[/video]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NEVER fail to let me down RJ, in fact fk it... I'm having it as my ring-tone!!

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 05, 2012, 07:13:48 am by whisky »
Hint of sarcasm there Hoola ? That's a very negative way of viewing things. :laugh:

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 05, 2012, 07:34:38 am by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"whisky\" post=208822
Hint of sarcasm there Hoola ? That's a very negative way of viewing things. :laugh:

Sarcasm, conspiracy theorists on here!! Who'd have thought it!

:headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012