Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:32:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I know I shouldn't, but I'm trying to help him  (Read 6545 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: I know I shouldn't, but I'm trying to help him
« Reply #60 on January 05, 2012, 06:49:58 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=208808
Give it a rest on the \"Saunders's failed badly\" nonsense. The results that we have had under him would comfortably keep us up if repeated over 46 games. That's despite having his own injury crisis to deal with ( I make it that he has lost 3 keepers, 3 centre halves, 2 full backs and the man commonly agreed to be the best midfielder at the club - a crisis rivalling O'Driscoll's last season.

He has patently NOT failed. He may yet do do, but he hasn't yet. Our results under him have been solid: unspectacular, but reassuringly solid after us having picked up 12 points from the previous 78 before he came. By no rational measure can he be judged to have failed at this juncture. You make yourself look frankly stupid by saying so. Give it a rest now.

I disagree with most of what you've said, however I agree on one thing. I need to give it a rest. I've said as much as I can (probably too much) and everyone knows what I think and where I'm coming from.

I am intrigued to know what these 3 successful businesses you run Madman.
Are you Avon lady.
Do you sell Betterware?

Please enlighten us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnylass

• Forum Member
Re: I know I shouldn't, but I'm trying to help him
« Reply #61 on January 05, 2012, 12:14:57 pm by Donnylass »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=208798
Surely if the team's strength, that you would have immediately identified, was that we kept possession, why were we loosing so many games. I thought it was because we couldn't keep the ball and then the other team scored was the problem before DS came in.

Donnylass, I have a lot of respect for you. Your posts are witty and intelligent. Please don't be offended by my response. It is meant in the right way.

Are you implying that we were losing games because we had too much possession therefore the solution was to have less possession? Are you therefore saying that Saunders deliberately set out to have less possession as this would stop the other team scoring and therefore we wouldn't lose games and you agree with this strategy? That's the way your post could be interpreted but I credit you with more intelligence than that so will assume instead that you are trying to pick a hole in my argument (which I have no problem with).

I realise that Madmick is \"On a break\" and might not read this but I need to correct him. God he is infuriating! :cry:

I stated - and it's in bold to make it easier to read- that we lost games because we DID NOT keep the ball in our possession.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012