Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 01:52:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Red lights on Keepmoat  (Read 2674 times)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Red lights on Keepmoat
« on October 19, 2019, 12:39:24 am by WheatleyRover »
I thought we were meant to be having Red LED lights all around the outside of the ground, not a red street light shining a bit of red onto just two parts on the centre of the East and West, looks a bit naff tbh

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: Red lights on Keepmoat
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2019, 12:48:33 am by godlike1 »
That makes no sense

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2019, 10:27:08 am by deebee »
Happy for the area not to become a red light district.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2019, 04:00:58 pm by Rovers Return »
Maybe they are trial lights to see if it works or whether they like them before investing a lot of money on permanent ones? Or is that just common sense? 🙄

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 19, 2019, 06:20:56 pm by WheatleyRover »
Im sure LED lights dont cost that much

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 19, 2019, 06:26:10 pm by silent majority »

I'm sure the labour costs might just be a little on the high side though.

So when you say they don't cost that much, how much is not much?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 19, 2019, 06:54:29 pm by selby »
   I would prefer them to sort out the ones that are out in the floodlights, Why shouldn't the floodlights be as good as they can be?  That does look like penny pinching to me.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 19, 2019, 07:00:08 pm by 5 on Tour »

Well I’m a qualified lighting engineer if you wish to have it explained in full.

If you want the abridged version it’s that LED have a far greater initial outlay as a % but as a cost of ownership(the only cost that matters assuming the initial purchase is within budget) is far far lower. So LED are more expensive to buy but compared to say HID the pay back period is so short that it’s basically a no brainier.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 19, 2019, 07:17:50 pm by silent majority »

Well I’m a qualified lighting engineer if you wish to have it explained in full.

If you want the abridged version it’s that LED have a far greater initial outlay as a % but as a cost of ownership(the only cost that matters assuming the initial purchase is within budget) is far far lower. So LED are more expensive to buy but compared to say HID the pay back period is so short that it’s basically a no brainier.

Sure, but that wasn't my question. I was more interested in what the poster thought about the cost, and him judging the project before it's finished.

Personally I'm extremely pleased that the club have taken the initiative to start a project that enhances the Keepmoat 7 days a week, something we've often complained about.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 19, 2019, 07:32:49 pm by drfchound »
   I would prefer them to sort out the ones that are out in the floodlights, Why shouldn't the floodlights be as good as they can be?  That does look like penny pinching to me.

Hi mate, i think I am right in saying that the floodlights are the way they are by design.
The lights aren’t out in the sense of being faulty but because they aren’t required, to be at the accepted standard.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2019, 08:27:45 pm by WheatleyRover »

Sure, but that wasn't my question. I was more interested in what the poster thought about the cost, and him judging the project before it's finished.

Personally I'm extremely pleased that the club have taken the initiative to start a project that enhances the Keepmoat 7 days a week, something we've often complained about.

I

I'm happy about that to, so are you saying that it's not finished yet SM?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2019, 08:28:34 pm by silent majority »
Yes I am.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012