Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:08:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Ipswich Town game  (Read 5388 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Ipswich Town game
« Reply #30 on October 19, 2020, 10:35:49 am by EasyforDennis »
They are a bigger name than us. Just count the letters. Peterborough United 18 letters. Doncaster Rovers 15 letters.
That is the only way they are a bigger name than us.  :laugh: :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 19, 2020, 10:54:27 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I remember thinking we were in for a tough game when we played at Ipswich last season and we took the game to them and we should have scored when we were in top but it ended up 0-0. Point being there's nothing to fear. If we play our game, we are a handful. Even opposition fans are saying we are a decent team and dark horses for promotion.

If DM keeps refining what we're doing game on game, that's all we can ask. We are strong defensively and we're full of surprises going forward which is hard for opposition teams to prepare for.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 19, 2020, 12:20:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I remember thinking we were in for a tough game when we played at Ipswich last season and we took the game to them and we should have scored when we were in top but it ended up 0-0. Point being there's nothing to fear. If we play our game, we are a handful. Even opposition fans are saying we are a decent team and dark horses for promotion.

If DM keeps refining what we're doing game on game, that's all we can ask. We are strong defensively and we're full of surprises going forward which is hard for opposition teams to prepare for.

odds  ranging for promotion now varie from 4/1  to 11/2 ( sixth favourites) that aint a dark horse

perhaps they  ought to "switch  the light on" in their households then they can see instead of being in the dark  :facepalm:

amended post
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:23:09 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 19, 2020, 09:34:53 pm by Leedsrover »
We now have options in nearly every position and it will be interesting to see how the team lines up with so many games coming up .
I will be surprised if we don't see changes in the starting line up from the Portsmouth game and have a feeling both Smith and Sims will start the game. I would play Smith for Gomes and Sims for James with James reverting to left back instead of John.
Bursik
Halllday
Wright
Anderson
James
Smith
Whiteman
Taylor
Coppinger
Sims
Okenabirhie

Subs:
John
Gomes
Lokilo
Richards
Williams
Butler
Jones

With JJukes and Tulloch still to return we really do have a strong and exciting squad !

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 19, 2020, 11:06:29 pm by hoolahoop »
Understandably i can see how Rovers fans can look at this game as a marker .

A little early in the season if I may add my two penneth .

Two years ago we didn't beat Sunderland , Portsmouth or yourselves in two games and we lost at Charlton although we did beat them at Oakwell .

No markers put down there and we still managed second spot with 91 points .

If Ipswich beat you it doesn't mean anything in my opinion , Sunderland beat us 4-2 in October at the SOL and are still in league one .

46 games guys and this is one of em , nothing more and nothing less at this stage of the season .

Excellent post as always take, great assessment and very realistic .You are an asset to our board

MaySixthITFC

« Reply #35 on October 20, 2020, 12:23:14 am by MaySixthITFC »
Hi - Ipswich fan here.
First up, I was impressed by you last season at Portman Road - you totally outpassed us in that 0-0, you just had no cutting edge.
Should be a decent game Tuesday night - tbh I would be happy with a point.
We are playing much better football this season thanks to a 4-3-3 formation which plays to our strengths in central midfield.
We've also overcome injuries to four of five starters this season which is an encouraging sign but we haven't really blown teams apart, even our 4-1 win at Blackpool was clinical rather than real domination.
For me, Accrington were the best team we have faced this season but we found a way to beat them 2-0 - they pressed us all over the park but we kept the ball and outpassed them and then scored two clinical goals and could have scored more.
A key player for us this season is Dozzell in central midfield - deep lying player with great passing ability and when he plays well so do we.
Hope you have a good season, always got time for Donny and I like Darren Moore's style.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 20, 2020, 01:55:18 am by scawsby steve »
  Just names on a piece of paper Steve, yes they have started well but they are in Division 1 because that is the level the club has sunk to after years at a higher level, just like Portsmouth Sunderland and Charlton.
  We know we can play as well as any team at this level, the acid test  is how many times we do it over the season. If we are on it we have every chance of winning the game even if Ipswich play well, it is now about consistency, going to Charlton and Portsmouth and coming back with maximum points means nothing if not replicated in the majority of games over a season, we have proved we can do it now we have to do it on a regular basis over the full season, not easy but we have already shown we have the ability to do it.
  If I was an Ipswich fan I would be looking at this game as one of their hardest of the season in the league and just hope we could get something out of it. Accrington played them off the park in the first half Saturday spurning numerous chances,credit to the manager and team for turning it round but it was not a walk in the park.
  More of a test will be handling the giant centre forward they got from Portsmouth, every time I have watched him he has shoved the rules of the game to the maximum and is one to watch for the referee and given the leeway causes problems.       

Don't worry about Ollie Hawkins, Brian, he's out injured.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 20, 2020, 02:12:38 am by scawsby steve »
From what's being said on off-topic about the virus ripping through Donny, I can't see us getting through the next few games..

I can see this season being abandoned very early.

MaySixthITFC

« Reply #38 on October 20, 2020, 11:56:37 am by MaySixthITFC »
Kayden Jackson, our striker, has tested positive but nobody else so game will go ahead from our end.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 20, 2020, 02:08:30 pm by selby »
  So all systems go for what should be a cracker of a game if both sides play to form.
  What team we will start with only the boss has any idea, although our back line seams fairly well entrenched but apart from Whiteman and Gomes the rest can be chucked up in the air and the first to drop get the start, and looking at results it seems to work.
  It all adds to the uncertainty so get your game passes booked and enjoy the ride.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 20, 2020, 04:11:15 pm by donnievic »
Most people think this will be a cracker I’m not so sure,if lambert has done his homework he will set his team out defensively and just sit back as we do tend to have trouble breaking teams down.however if he comes and attacks then it could be a entertaining game .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 20, 2020, 05:07:20 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think they’ll want the first goal and they can control the game from there on in.

Of course, so will we.

Therefore, 0-0.

If only we had either JJ or Tulloch ready!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 20, 2020, 08:00:03 pm by drfchound »
It’s ok so far Alan.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 20, 2020, 09:01:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Wow. Drool over that one.

Great second half performance. New lads grew into the game. Brilliant team performance. Both Taylor and Fejiri worked really hard tonight. Especially pleased for Fejiri who looked more like it tonight capped with a good goal.

Ipswich can't have any complaints.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 20, 2020, 09:06:02 pm by dknward2 »
Ipswich weren't owt special I have said after Saturday that they hadn't played any of the real fancied teams just like Hull and once they did we battered them even scoring for them

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 20, 2020, 09:08:20 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Their fans seem to acknowledge that we fully deserved to win:

https://tractor-boys.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=e55cec03bb7a0bc72b2b1e45a093ff01

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 20, 2020, 09:09:49 pm by Spud »
Good luck picking motm from that, Bursik best game yet, alright not stretched but distribution massively improved, back 4 solid, John looking much more like a left back this season. New lads fitting straight in, Whiteman best game of the season, Taylor & Gomes brilliant, Fej best game also, buzzing he got his goal to cap it.
Did I forget anyone?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 20, 2020, 09:11:12 pm by Campsall rover »
Wow. Drool over that one.

Great second half performance. New lads grew into the game. Brilliant team performance. Both Taylor and Fejiri worked really hard tonight. Especially pleased for Fejiri who looked more like it tonight capped with a good goal.

Ipswich can't have any complaints.
We outplayed them for 80 mins and a 6-1 score line Ipswich would have no complaints.

We have a team capable of something very special this season. The work rate of all the players tonight was outstanding.
League 1 better sit up and take notice because DM’s team means business.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 20, 2020, 09:11:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
True. We scored all five goals.

You can see they're a well drilled team and will be up there when it matters.

Any team will struggle to contain us once the passing and movement starts. But, we also worked very hard without the ball which DM insists on.

The goals might not always come but if we're as organised as that, we'll be extremely  difficult to beat.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 20, 2020, 09:14:09 pm by Prez »
Sounds weird but it looked as though we had 15 players on the pitch to their 7. We just hunted in packs and pressed them. Excellent work rate and movement. Was a joy to watch.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 20, 2020, 09:19:01 pm by Juddy »
Yep I was about to post I thought we had more than eleven players on the pitch Superb performance

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 20, 2020, 09:22:39 pm by selby »
   Great result and team performance, we gave a bit of a sloppy goal away but that was the only negative for me.
  Ipswich started the game the better side and looked full of confidence passing the ball through our lines, but our midfield showed some fight and steel and Madger, and Ben completely took over the mid field as the game went on.
  Whiteman tonight I thought was superb and looked a class apart from anyone on the park, some of his link up play and passing being of the highest order, and he can tackle and win the ball as well, his overall game being well above this leagues standard.
  The main thing it was a team effort, with the fact our Keeper had a quiet game just having regulation saves to make highlights the way we played against a top side in this division, really overall we outclassed them.
  Great to see but we have now put down a marker and need to keep to that standard and work to improve it as we will need to to get to the level the club aspires to.
  For now though I am one happy clapper bunny, well done everyone involved.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 20, 2020, 09:30:07 pm by scawsby steve »
That performance was OK.

Only OK? It was f*cking brilliant. Best performance for a long long time.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 20, 2020, 09:30:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
Would anyone mind if I predict 0-0 again?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 20, 2020, 09:41:24 pm by danumdon »
Fantastic effort from the lads tonight, Ipswich started off well and looked to have the quality in the first 15mins to give us a game, after the own goal which came from some good crisp pass and move from them I thought we really dug in and grew into the match,Great run and goal from John who looks to be settling into the left back berth, James will have all on to hold him off. Whiteman and Gomes had pivotal games for me and ran the midfield.
Sims and Smith looked like they had been here all season and added a touch of quality and pace to our forward play along with Taylor who I thought had his best game of the season with his work both forward and tracking back, great burst forward from Sims  for the penalty,who’s pace should benefit our forward play no end.

Special mention for Feji who I thought ran the line well, good holdup play and closing down, with a good finish for his goal, the relief for him should be great and I expect to see him kick on on sat against Crewe.

All in a great game to watch, two sides playing good football but the overall quality from us counting,

I’m feeling something special is developing, spot on Daz.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 20, 2020, 09:43:33 pm by scawsby steve »
Would anyone mind if I predict 0-0 again?

It's alright Alan. I keep predicting a draw on PvO.

I'll keep doing it as well if it's bringing us all these wins.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 20, 2020, 09:46:51 pm by Janso »
Feels like that point in the night where you know you're gonna get your end away and you're just waiting for her to start tugging at yer britches.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 20, 2020, 09:58:47 pm by scawsby steve »
Feels like that point in the night where you know you're gonna get your end away and you're just waiting for her to start tugging at yer britches.

Not for me. Ann Widdicombe's unavailable tonight.

Which makes me very suspicious. Where's BB got to?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 21, 2020, 08:56:33 am by ravenrover »
Well 3 home games in And I've managed to watch 1, have a guess whicb.
Yep MKD so I will now do my best to miss as many as I can

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 21, 2020, 12:18:48 pm by Donny Dub »
It is an exciting squad and in interviews they don’t fail to talk of the great team spirit .I think that Jon Taylor’s remark that the established players were ( are) motivated by the quality of all the loanees that Darren Moore has brought in is significant .
I quite agree.  This is very noticeable on the pitch, even on the tv.   It’s great to have experienced senior players like Copps and Tom, I’m sure they’re good with the younger players.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012